Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Y'all believe in this team yet?

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash

Y'all believe in this team yet?

Seriously...just beat RPI #7 at home while they were ranked #22 and came off of a hot win. We are 13-1 (1-0 SEC). I'd say this team is actually legit.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Seriously...just beat RPI #7 at home while they were ranked #22 and came off of a hot win. We are 13-1 (1-0 SEC). I'd say this team is actually legit.
    If we could just shoot the basketball from anywhere not right under the basket we could be hell on wheels. So I believe in this team in all aspects outside of shooting the basketball.

vCash
    Other than defense, we don’t do a lot well. We go as far as the defense carries us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    If we could just shoot the basketball from anywhere not right under the basket we could be hell on wheels. So I believe in this team in all aspects outside of shooting the basketball.
    Just imagine if we get hot shooting later in the year....

Our defense will travel and keep us in just about every game.

vCash
    I believe they will continue to improve on offense. This game has a lot of effects. Mentally, they know what they just did. That does 2 things

1- hungry to step it up
    2- relaxes you under pressure.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Definitely got to knock down some shots. Ado has got to let go of his inner Shaq at the free throw line too. But great D and a great win. Hailstate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I believe they will continue to improve on offense. This game has a lot of effects. Mentally, they know what they just did. That does 2 things

1- hungry to step it up
    2- relaxes you under pressure.
    I'm with you, Coach. The rock will eventually begin to fall for us and we'll light some teams up with 10 treys or so. It's just a matter of getting a few guys hot at the same time. Awesome game tonight!!!

vCash
    I am optimistic but we aren't legit until we can do the simple things like knock down free throws! With our D intensity I do think we can be nasty but with a little bit of consistency on O we could be nasty! Great win but lots of work to do! But the work is a lot better when we are winning!

vCash
    Oh we will have game where we shoot better from outside but we aren?t going to be a consistently good offensive team. We just a lot of thing below average there and it?s not changing overnight

vCash
    Howland Year 3 strikes again! Is it too early to be sharpening the scissors?

vCash
    A certain segment of our fan base seems like they're just going to keep moving the goalpost back on what it'll take for them to buy into the basketball program again.

vCash
    Amazing most here find more negatives than positives after beating the #22 team in the country.
    ****ing amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I say we take'm one game at a time with a visit to Oxford being next this Saturday. On a neutral court we would be favored, so we should be competitive this weekend. Time for some payback!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    A certain segment of our fan base seems like they're just going to keep moving the goalpost back on what it'll take for them to buy into the basketball program again.
    Probably many of the same ones who spent 9 years doing it in football.

vCash
    Nope. We got 1 of our 3 SEC wins tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Amazing most here find more negatives than positives after beating the #22 team in the country.
    ****ing amazing.
    Agree Ari, people gotta realize that you don't play every game like the Harlem Globetrotters. We've got a competitive group that can make a run if they catch a few breaks. The open shots will eventually start to fall.

vCash
    We?ve got a good team but the SEC is better so we?re going to have to fight for wins all year. We?ll get our share though. I?m excited about it. It won?t be easy in Oxford Saturday but I think we get the job done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    With year 1 full of seniors, I think this is more year 2. I think we really make noise next season

vCash
    Don't take me wrong because I am happy as I can be but with Tenn losing is Arkansas's RPI still #7?

vCash
    Great win over an amazing opponent! Yes I'm excited! Work to do? I say yes and I hope our coaches realize that! Any negatives thoughts about this teams heart and effort? For me no? Shooting and free throws? For me yes? But I love this teams heart and effort and will always believe in a team that fights to win! Love my school and love a team that fights to represent it! Never been prouder!