Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DWS Stadium wishlist

vCash

DWS Stadium wishlist

This may have been discussed before- but after going to the GatorSlayer bowl- it confirmed an idea I‘ve had for a while-

We really don’t need more seats- and with the way the state of CFB is going- amenities and giving the fans a reason to go to the games vs sitting home and watching on TV is a must. This is a discussion I had w a member of the BDC a few years ago.

I would like to see us bowl in the stadium like most of us want, but in place of premium seating- add chairbacks. This eliminates the need to tote in seats, and some fans taking. Up more than their fair share of seats to boot. The stadium Saturday Even has plush seats between the 30’s and it was quite nice.

Anyone think Cohen would consider this?
    Last edited by Maroonbulldog; 01-01-2018 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Typo

vCash
    He would consider whatever would make the most money.

vCash
    Both the east and west lower level needs to be all chair backs. This will lower capacity so we will need to bowl the south end in to get capacity back up to current level. Make the new south end some sort of club level with a big upper deck with a view of both the game and the junction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Both the east and west lower level needs to be all chair backs. This will lower capacity so we will need to bowl the south end in to get capacity back up to current level. Make the new south end some sort of club level with a big upper deck with a view of both the game and the junction.
    Doing that really would be ideal. Of course, they'd have to do something with the Seal Building, which wouldn't be a big loss. Also run the ribbon boards all the way around the stadium. Might even want to make the south endzone just like the north, or at least make a foundation capable of future add-on when needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonbulldog View Post
    This may have been discussed before- but after going to the GatorSlayer bowl- it confirmed an idea I?ve had for a while-

We really don?t need more seats- and with the way the state of CFB is going- amenities and giving the fans a reason to go to the games vs sitting home and watching on TV is a must. This is a discussion I had w a member of the BDC a few years ago.

I would like to see us bowl in the stadium like most of us want, but in place of premium seating- add chairbacks. This eliminates the need to tote in seats, and some fans taking. Up more than their fair share of seats to boot. The stadium Saturday Even has plush seats between the 30?s and it was quite nice.

Anyone think Cohen would consider this?
    One thing I would like to see, and I know it sounds trivial but I have heard thousands of people around Memphis talk about, is putting MAROON lighting on our stadium when nothing is going on at the stadium. The liberty Bowl looks SO cool at night when nothing is happening there and it is bathed in blue. Cool thing to see and every little thing makes a difference.
    Last edited by DogsofAnarchy; 01-01-2018 at 07:24 PM.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    One thing I would like to see, and I know it sounds trivial but I have heard thousands of people around Memphis talk about, is putting MAROON lighting on our stadium when nothing is going at the stadium. The liberty Bowl looks SO cool at night when nothing is happening there and it is bathed in blue. Cool thing to see and every little thing makes a difference.
    I'd hate to pay the bill for that. Memphis probably does it because of the neighborhood.

vCash
    I want a National Championship banner.

vCash
    -make the west side upper deck match the east. I know it's nit-picky, but it would look better if they were identical.

-like Todd said in another thread, mic the band so we can hear them. it'll add to the atmosphere

-probably a long shot, but I think it'd be cool if we put a roof over the upper decks like Washington's stadium has. it would make those September games a little more bearable. it also looks pretty cool. like I said though, it's a long shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I'd hate to pay the bill for that. Memphis probably does it because of the neighborhood.
    I’m not talking about the PLAYING lights. We already have lights on at night when nothing is going on. I’m just talking about changing the color of the light bulbs. Good lord!!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    I’m not talking about the PLAYING lights. We already have lights on at night when nothing is going on. I’m just talking about changing the color of the light bulbs. Good lord!!
    Seemed like that's what you meant.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    This!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I want a National Championship banner.
    Amen!
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    I guess I can't understand increasing capacity for the sake of increasing capacity. Across CFB, it's getting harder and harder to get people to attend games. Until we can fill up DWS at 11:00 AM, let's shelve the expansion talk. I believe all improvements should be geared towards making the experience better for the core fan base, whether that is more premium options or chairbacks.

As a random non-season ticket holding fan, I would be much more excited about driving 3 hours if I knew I something better too look forward to than a small length of aluminum bleacher.

vCash
    Hotel or Condo's South Endzone with party decks... Jerry World type club on bottom of South Endzone with recruiting lounge...Chairbacks lower level Sidelines... Move all visitor seating upstairs.. update and expand pressbox running it full length of field.... Implode Dorman and build a parking garage/mass transit rail/bus station to shuttle people on/off campus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    I guess I can't understand increasing capacity for the sake of increasing capacity. Across CFB, it's getting harder and harder to get people to attend games. Until we can fill up DWS at 11:00 AM, let's shelve the expansion talk. I believe all improvements should be geared towards making the experience better for the core fan base, whether that is more premium options or chairbacks.

As a random non-season ticket holding fan, I would be much more excited about driving 3 hours if I knew I something better too look forward to than a small length of aluminum bleacher.

This was exactly the point I was trying to make in my original post.

vCash
    Beer concessions would be nice.
    "I ring cowbells at ballgames."

vCash
    What would a roof cost?

vCash
    I've always thought it would look cool to put chair backs on west side sections 3, 4, 5 in maroon and white to make the logo.
    Last edited by Pinto; 01-01-2018 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    We are season ticket holders (50 plus years) in section 4, about row 20. Something small, but you couldn't even read the seat #'s on the row or the # on the end of the row this past year. Makes it hard for the visiting fans from bama and LSU to find their seats they bought from dawgs for these games. Wish I was kidding about both issues. I do wish we would bowl the end with premium seats as needed with a new home locker room and M-Club. Add chairbacks on each side lower decks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Belegal View Post
    What would a roof cost?
    Not sure if you are serious or not, but have been wondering if it were possible to install some sort of retractable, breathable, shading cover. Heck, we are an engineering school. We should be able to come up with something.

How much more tolerable would a September 11:00 game be if you were in the shade?