Thread: Looking at our prospects next year and mock NFL drafts....

Banned
    vCash

Looking at our prospects next year and mock NFL drafts....

A lot of SEC teams lose a lot of players. Alabama will lose a good many juniors, as will LSU, Auburn and Florida. Texas A&M and Ole Miss lose some guys off bad teams. All we lose is Rankin who barely played. Sweat is nowhere to be found on the mock drafts. Jamal Peters is, but he said he was coming back (looks to be about a 4th rounder).

The probable SEC East representative in the championship game is losing a stud linebacker and two stud tailbacks at minimum, plus others, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Look at this list:

Alabama: Calvin Ridley, Daron Payne, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Ronnie Harrison, Bo Scarbrough
    LSU: Arken Key, Donte Jackson, Derrius Guice, Kevin Tolliver
    Auburn: Carlton Davis, Kerryon Johson, Jeff Holland
    Florida: Taven Bryan, Antonio Callaway, Martez Ivey

Those are all juniors very likely to go pro. Juniors going pro hurts even the best recruiters.

It is going to be hard to contain the excitement for next fall. We can beat everyone on our schedule, and our road games will be against a couple of teams who lose significant juniors. Obviously if it pans out, it will be determined in Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa, but looking at the list above, they might be very vulnerable for a team like us.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    K-State kind of worries me on the road.
    No Signature

vCash
    Im not saying we will lose to LSU or Bama but if those are the only two games we lose I will take it. 10-2 with 2 losses on the road at Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge puts us in at least a NY6 game and in the playoff convo if we catch a break or two

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    They are typically solid, but they lost to a bad Vandy squad at home this year.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Im not saying we will lose to LSU or Bama but if those are the only two games we lose I will take it. 10-2 with 2 losses on the road at Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge puts us in at least a NY6 game and in the playoff convo if we catch a break or two
    Death Valley at night stigma is long gone. Heck they barely had half crowds there this past season. We should be favored there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Death Valley at night stigma is long gone. Heck they barely had half crowds there this past season. We should be favored there.
    We will not be favored at LSU unless something drastically changes between now and then. We can beat them, should be a better team than them. But I would be shocked if we were favored on the road vs LSU

Banned
    vCash
    We will sweat a little but should ultimately out-talent them. They also don’t play well early in the year, historically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We will not be favored at LSU unless something drastically changes between now and then. We can beat them, should be a better team than them. But I would be shocked if we were favored on the road vs LSU
    Vegas is pretty impartial. The media is not

Depending on how the early season goes, I think we will be favored

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Vegas is pretty impartial. The media is not

Depending on how the early season goes, I think we will be favored
    We will beat LSU. Who’s going to play quarterback, Myles Brennan? LOL. Orgeron is still their coach. His recruiting won’t kick in for a while.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Speaking of juniors declaring for draft...K-State has two already declared. Leading WR for 2017 plus top corner. They do have a lot of starters returning however.

Not related to us, but I saw where Texas has 5 juniors already declared for draft. That will hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    We will beat LSU. Who’s going to play quarterback, Myles Brennan? LOL. Orgeron is still their coach. His recruiting won’t kick in for a while.
    Is narcisse not being talked about at all? Think he was injured when he enrollled or just coming off injury. He is a 4-star dual threat that was ranked higher than key coming out of LA. He has serious injury concerns though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Speaking of juniors declaring for draft...K-State has two already declared. Leading WR for 2017 plus top corner. They do have a lot of starters returning however.

Not related to us, but I saw where Texas has 5 juniors already declared for draft. That will hurt.
    Yikes for Texas. I rescind my prediction on Texas next season. Dang, that is brutal for Herman

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is narcisse not being talked about at all? Think he was injured when he enrollled or just coming off injury. He is a 4-star dual threat that was ranked higher than key coming out of LA. He has serious injury concerns though
    Injury concerns and will still be a first year player