Thread: Thanks Auburn

vCash

Thanks Auburn

Now we have to listen to all the talking heads hyping up Central Florida and the American conference.

Central Florida has a good team. But let?s not kid ourselves? That peach bowl was Central Florida?s Super Bowl. That peach bowl was a consolation prize to Auburn. Auburn was not fired up about that game. Auburn overlooked central Florida. I give Central Florida credit from winning the game. Again, they are a good team. Auburn should have taken care of business. But i still don?t believe Central Florida would have gone into the playoffs against two focused P5 teams and won both games.

The SEC will win another NC but the footnote will be that another team was undefeated. Thanks Auburn.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 01-02-2018 at 09:59 AM.

vCash
    Frost leaving will take care of the UCF chest thumping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Now we have to listen to all the talking heads hyping up Central Florida and the American conference.

Central Florida has a good team. But let?s not kid ourselves? That peach bowl was Central Florida?s Super Bowl. That peach ball was a consolation prize to Auburn. Auburn was not fired up about that game. Auburn overlooked central Florida. I give Central Florida credit from winning the game. Again, they are a good team. Auburn should have taken care of business. But i still don?t believe Central Florida would have gone into the playoffs against two focused P5 teams and won both games.

The SEC will win another NC but the footnote will be that another team was undefeated. Thanks Auburn.
    UCF in the SEC (WITH Frost) would have been a 8 win team probably. Without Frost they would have been lucky to be bowl eligible. They will go back to obscurity now. But...hey...they can finally hang that banner and say they got one over on an SEC team.

vCash
    UCF has players. I don't give a damn what 247 thinks. I'd say majority high 3* types with some 4* mixed in. Top 30 classes in reality.

vCash
    UCF took care of business and looked good doing so. I don’t understand the angst. To hell with Auburn. Gus did a poor job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmedlap View Post
    UCF took care of business and looked good doing so. I don’t understand the angst. To hell with Auburn. Gus did a poor job.
    I don’t have a problem with UCF. I just don’t care for the media and Memphis Tiger fans saying the “SEC is down. Auburn beat the two teams in the national championship. UCF beat Auburn.....”.

vCash
    Auburn was hoping to be in the playoffs. Instead they were playing a non P5 team in a regular bowl game. Everyone was expecting them to come into this game emotionally let down. It was the exact opposite for UCF.

UCF is a very good team but if they played Bama or Georgia in the playoff, they would probably lose by at least 17.

vCash
    That game is why it is bad for a team like Auburn to have to play. UCF is good team and hungry. Auburn on the other hand had a emotional game against GA, Bama then Ga again. Had a shot at the playoff but lost it in the SEC championship game. They went to a NY6 bowl game last year. It was going to be a tough game for Auburn to win. Emotionally that had to be tough on the team, coaches and fans. Any school in Auburn position would have struggled in that game.

If Auburn had play another P5 school who had been in a NY6 game last year and good part of the year in the running for the play off it would have been better for them.

I do agree that now we have to here shit from that ass hole news paper ****er in Florida.

vCash
    Why don't they lobby to get into the ACC? They have a better chance going in that direction. But they won't be getting into any big conference anytime soon, not unless expansion really opens up.