Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lovett decommitted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yeah, I mean I?m not sure what was done, but we had plenty of warning. Not a good sign for our future recruiting efforts if we couldn?t lock this one up.

We just let OM flip 2 DL when they have nothing but bullshit to sell.
    Hey Shotgun....calm down brother....breath....let this play out. These Drama Queens don?t usually work out.
    We are going to recruit just fine.....calm down....

This was in the works before this staff even got hired. So just calm down brother....Serenity NOW!!!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chainedup_Dawg View Post
    That's the thing, though...who of their recruits do we really want on our team? I honestly can't think of one
    Absolutely good point. And I should have quantified a recruit that we actually want. That's part of the reason why I said this year or next.

I'll say this too- the important thing is that we are keeping Devon Robinson. He is massively underrated. Playing in the Team USA International Bowl along with Jalen Mayden. His ranking of 83 is hilarious. Geor'quarious Spivey I think will end up at DE and he's another guy I like a lot too. Crumedy is a four star guy that might play DE but I'm not sure yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Absolutely good point. And I should have quantified a recruit that we actually want. That's part of the reason why I said this year or next.

I'll say this too- the important thing is that we are keeping Devon Robinson. He is massively underrated. Playing in the Team USA International Bowl along with Jalen Mayden. His ranking of 83 is hilarious. Geor'quarious Spivey I think will end up at DE and he's another guy I like a lot too. Crumedy is a four star guy that might play DE but I'm not sure yet.
    Devon Robinson is incredibly underrated. He has the potential to be a big time player and Crumedy is really good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    So you have the whole story do you? Chill out Francis.
    Call me psycho. Some of these High Schoolers think they should be starters their freshmen year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Call me psycho. Some of these High Schoolers think they should be starters their freshmen year.
    Their attitude SHOULD be that they will compete for a starting job. Emphasis on the word should. Of course it doesn't help that they have these recruiters telling them how awesome they are and then they end up having to have the redshirt talk at the end of fall practice. Then Ole Miss has to pay to keep them on campus. That kind of happened with Tobias Singleton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Devon Robinson is incredibly underrated. He has the potential to be a big time player and Crumedy is really good!
    He's going to be the next "where did MSU find that guy" guy.

I'll say this- there aren't many guys in our class that I have questions about right now. Honestly probably for the first time in awhile.

vCash
    He's going to be the next "where did MSU find that guy" guy.

I'll say this- there aren't many guys in our class that I have questions about right now. Honestly probably for the first time in awhile.
    Agreed. Really solid group so far with some real difference makers and joe may pull a surprise or 2 before nsd

vCash
    We just let OM flip 2 DL when they have nothing but bullshit to sell.
    Williams went cheap. Real cheap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Hey Shotgun....calm down brother....breath....let this play out. These Drama Queens don?t usually work out.
    We are going to recruit just fine.....calm down....

This was in the works before this staff even got hired. So just calm down brother....Serenity NOW!!!
    Kinda of tired of the calm down mafia. Everyone has their own way of reacting.

vCash
    Lovett couldn?t make it without his buddy and he doesn?t want to have to earn a spot. Screw him. This was in the works for awhile anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Lovett couldn?t make it without his buddy and he doesn?t want to have to earn a spot. Screw him. This was in the works for awhile anyway.
    Yep. And they had this planned to happen after our bowl game and most especially now that we won

vCash
    I’m just tired of playing defense in recruiting.

I’m with Todd, even if it’s just for show, we need to start flipping theirs once a year as well. Seems ridiculous that this only happens to one side of this rivalry.

Kid didn’t want to compete so screw him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep. And they had this planned to happen after our bowl game and most especially now that we won
    Well, they probably didn't plan on us winning our bowl game and were probably going to wait until NSD. Our boys just caused the process to occur more quickly by winning the Gator Bowl. They can't stand it when we're happy. That's one reason why they went completely apeshit in the Egg Bowl.

I'll guess they try to do some hat ceremony- because he just de-committed. He hasn't technically flipped yet. They'll try to save that for NSD or something like that I bet. If I'm Joe I might just pull his offer and beat them to the punch.

vCash
    Well, they probably didn't plan on us winning our bowl game and were probably going to wait until NSD. Our boys just caused the process to occur more quickly by winning the Gator Bowl. They can't stand it when we're happy. That's one reason why they went completely apeshit in the Egg Bowl.

I'll guess they try to do some hat ceremony- because he just de-committed. He hasn't technically flipped yet. They'll try to save that for NSD or something like that I bet. If I'm Joe I might just pull his offer and beat them to the punch.
    Bingo!

I?ve got a feeling that Joe gonna handle recruiting differently than the country club did. This man comes from a steel workers family. Y?all ever met any of those folks? They are some of the hardest working non bs people in the world. I just got a feeling joe ain?t gonna let the bears run roughshod over our recruits. Let him get his feet on the ground and I think we?ll see it.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-01-2018 at 03:06 AM.

vCash
    OMs #1 play in recruiting is to sign one guy to sign the other guy. That’s what this latest decommitment is. I was a kid once too. I can totally understand wanting to go to school with friends. Best of luck to him.

JoMo.... I imagine he is going to learn a lot about how dirty the sec is in first go around in recruiting.

vCash
    I’m just tired of playing defense in recruiting.

I’m with Todd, even if it’s just for show, we need to start flipping theirs once a year as well. Seems ridiculous that this only happens to one side of this rivalry.

Kid didn’t want to compete so screw him.
    Why would we do it for show? Your unbelievable?! These are kids man, kids! You'd swear Ole Miss took your family hostage and raped them for 30 years in chains with your mindset. It's a football game that your not getting paid for. I'm sure you don't have a son or a daughter but imagine if a coach thought like you towards your child? I'm pretty sure the kid wants to play. If Ole Miss is his chance to play let him go, who cares? He isn't Kemdeche. It's not a coache's responsibility to screw over a kid for the sake of fan entertainment.

vCash
    Let them have Lovett. Baker is a phenomenal coach and was by far the best position coach on the previous staff. Our DL was straight dominant this year.

Why would we suffer getting rid of him because OM flipped 2 DL, one of which is probably going juco and the other wants to play early and we definitely don’t have that available?

There are others out there that are talented and Moorhead will find them. You guys have to realize we are dealing with teenagers. It should tell you something about the kid if they would rather play at OM than MSU right now.

vCash
    So this kid waiting till new year (after 12am) to announce this? This screams of OM choreography. Forget this kid... hope he starts next season opposite Greg Eiland

vCash
    Lovett has the talent to make the NFL, even at Ole Miss. This is a loss. Just have to hope we can somehow find a quality replacement.

I hope it doesn't take Moorhead as long to figure out recruiting in the SEC west as it did Dan. This place is as different from the Big 10, as the north is from the south. I don't think Moorhead is the flipping kind either.

vCash
    Lovett didn’t even dominate at the all star game. We’ve got two guys next year in Pickering and Moore that are both better.
    And if Lovett is letting friends dictate decisions in life, he’s a follower not a leader.