Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Lovett decommitted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Pruitt is becoming a headache
    Eh, we'll see. He has relationships right now & can sell Bama.

That will deteriorate over time.

vCash
    Can someone please replace "senior member" with "The Finebaum of Elitedawgs" for Shotgun (similar to IYON being referred to as Lateral Move)???

I swear he just posts some outlandish nonsense just to keep a thread going...as there is no way he truly means the garbage he has spewed at the beginning of this thread. If I'm wrong and he does, the first step to rational thinking is to stop following teenagers on the Twitters...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Can someone please replace "senior member" with "The Finebaum of Elitedawgs" for Shotgun (similar to IYON being referred to as Lateral Move)???

I swear he just posts some outlandish nonsense just to keep a thread going...as there is no way he truly means the garbage he has spewed at the beginning of this thread. If I'm wrong and he does, the first step to rational thinking is to stop following teenagers on the Twitters...
    Can someone put "Ignorant Dumbass" in your profile?

vCash
    Ole Miss conspiracy, we didn’t want him anyway, grades excuse excuse excuse...

Regardless of the reason, we better sign a OL and DL 3* or better in February to replace Willians and Lovett. If don’t, we played the Olive Branch duo wrong and gave OM two players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Ole Miss conspiracy, we didn’t want him anyway, grades excuse excuse excuse...

Regardless of the reason, we better sign a OL and DL 3* or better in February to replace Willians and Lovett. If don’t, we played the Olive Branch duo wrong and gave OM two players.
    Not melting down, but we are now dealing with who is left by February whether we like it or not. We still have to close and fill needs. They were committed and now not for us. They didn't suddenly become bad players. New staff will need to come through in a tight time frame. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think Jackie did. Maybe Rockey. Croom didn't at least at first because we were on probation and actually did get hammered. Dan... Not so much.

I think it's imperative in the SEC to have a relationship with a booster where the coach has a "knows but doesn't know" situation. I think that's what is different about Ole Miss- the coaches know. However like about Saban knows what goes on or knows that it is going on but he doesn't know all the specifics. He just knows that he wants player X and he asks that it happens by whatever means necessary.
    So you're advocating paying players to sign with us? Ordered up by the coach to big boosters?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    So you're advocating paying players to sign with us? Ordered up by the coach to big boosters?
    Not ordered up by the coach- from a certain point of view.

Look, it's not what I would like or prefer to do but the NCAA has made it clear that you can go 75 in a 65. If we don't we aren't going to maximize our potential as a program. That's just the reality. I think we should only pay in state players and if we get turned in we need to hire that law firm in Birmingham to handle it rather than over sanction ourselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Reed and Lovett aren’t and never were package deals.
    Some are acting like Lovett is a cant miss NFL guy. Yeah he MIGHT turn out to be a pro and soild SEC guy but damn he isn’t Jeffery Simmons. Hell he isn’t the best DL from the state.
    Some forget we still might pick up Noah Elliss this summer. There’s your replacement for Lovett and Williams.
    And even tho I don’t think we can pull it because of the location but Hyman didn’t sign. Main reason is waiting on an offer from Bama which he won’t get IMO.
    Thanks. I have to go back to work this week. I’ll catch up on recruiting.

vCash
    Well, maybe we can flip Hyman with the promise of playing time.* UNM will have 6 DL signees if Lovett signs with them b4 Hyman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    Thank you for your service.
    Lol.

vCash
    Johnquarise Patterson, Pearl WR, has now decommitted. I?m assuming this is us moving on from him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Johnquarise Patterson, Pearl WR, has now decommitted. I?m assuming this is us moving on from him?
    Non-qualifier. Does OM take him too just for appearance sake?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Probably, but it's debatable on if dropping him is a good decision or if we should've signed & placed him since we won't sign 25 guys anyway.

Plainly, it's not totally clear what the coaching staff is thinking here

vCash
    LOL. Does a bear shit in the woods?

Hell, they've probably got a new Waynsboro lined up & can get him eligible.

Absolutely nothing would surprise me at this point. There is zero deterrent

vCash
    You guys realize that OM doesn't have a single OL committed or signed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Wow... they lose 1 this year and 3 next season. Could be 4 next season if little declares

vCash
    Wow... they lose 1 this year and 3 next season. Could be 4 next season if little declares
    They'll be decent in 2018 but that 2019 year train is coming fast

vCash
    Oh that?s bad news for the bears.

vCash
    They’ll flip a few studs from UGA & Bama before Feb. Why not? No consequences.

vCash
    He may be a 4* juco receiver in a couple if years. Hopefully we will be good enough that he will want to come here.