Thread: KT will be special before he departs Starkville.....

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

KT will be special before he departs Starkville.....

This is nothing against Dak or Fitz, two of our best QB?s and players ever. They elevated the position and set the bar, allowing us the chance to sign guys with the tools and raw talent that KT has. As stated after EB loss, KT?s ability to put touch on his passes and drop the deep ball in a coffee cup are well beyond his years. The only thing he lacked in the EB was experience with the speed of meaningful snaps against 1st string defenses. His improvement from November to today should give a warm fuzzy feeling to all of us.

Fitz is most likely to improve over the next year and hopefully raise the bar Dak set, even higher. I just think, as I have from his first snaps earlier in the season, that KT has the tools to be the best QB we?ve ever seen wear the maroon and white.

We are in a good spot and appear to have a coach who will finally put the best players on the field at all times and put them in the best chance to succeed.

vCash
    Yep. I've said it before and I will say it again...we had a true freshman that played just as well or better than a former Heisman Trophy winner today. And without a lot of legit weapons at WR.

I think Key is going to really thrive in Joe's offense with all of the RPO's and QB runs.

In hindsight Dan not letting him play and go conservative until the fourth quarter was a mistake. When Dan opened things up, Key led us on a great comeback. Key is only going to get better for us and has a chance to be special. I think today put him on the map as a MSU Bulldog. And really should have put him on the map nationally if the media had any brains.

vCash
    Some OM fans are already tweeting that Key should start next year and I'm sure some of our own will hop in. Think Both will play next year and can't wait until JoeMo brings the package with both in the line-up. Just imagine the run pass combos with them back there.

Hopefully, they will push and make each other better!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    I hope we can figure out a way to redshirt him next year. I want this dude starting for 3 years.

vCash
    Might be hard keeping Mayden off the field for 3 years.

vCash
    As good as Dak and Fitz are can you imagine them starting as true freshmen? KT is the best freshman quarterback we?ve had since John Bond (who would be great in today?s offenses). We would have still gone bowling if he had started all year. Mayden sticking with his commitment makes a qb situation which is unheard of at Mississippi State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    As good as Dak and Fitz are can you imagine them starting as true freshmen? KT is the best freshman quarterback we?ve had since John Bond (who would be great in today?s offenses). We would have still gone bowling if he had started all year. Mayden sticking with his commitment makes a qb situation which is unheard of at Mississippi State.
    Yeah, I love Fitz, but he would have been really bad as a true freshman. He didn't really play until his redshirt sophomore year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yep. I've said it before and I will say it again...we had a true freshman that played just as well or better than a former Heisman Trophy winner today. And without a lot of legit weapons at WR.

I think Key is going to really thrive in Joe's offense with all of the RPO's and QB runs.

In hindsight Dan not letting him play and go conservative until the fourth quarter was a mistake. When Dan opened things up, Key led us on a great comeback.
    Key is only going to get better for us and has a chance to be special. I think today put him on the map as a MSU Bulldog. And really should have put him on the map nationally if the media had any brains.
    You lost me...what are you talking about? (Bolded part)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    You lost me...what are you talking about? (Bolded part)
    I thought Dan was ultra conservative when Key first came in. I'll take back the part about the fourth quarter. I think what was on my mind was the comeback in the fourth quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Some OM fans are already tweeting that Key should start next year and I'm sure some of our own will hop in. Think Both will play next year and can't wait until JoeMo brings the package with both in the line-up. Just imagine the run pass combos with them back there.

Hopefully, they will push and make each other better!
    Dear Ole Miss fans,

It doesn't matter who starts for us- you're going to have to hurt two guys next year to win.

Banned
    vCash
    True freshman. I'm in 17ing awe. I'm in debt to KT.

vCash
    What is impressive to me is that in addition to being a strong runner, he doesn't get rattled when he stands in the pocket. I noticed today that he had several guys coming in on him, and he stood in there and delivered a strike. I agree that he is going to be very good.
    Last edited by NCDawg; 01-01-2018 at 02:08 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    How does he do the shit he does with the weight and muscle he has?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    The same way Brandon Holloway d.......... Nevermind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    He does ?it?, just not consistently. While it didn?t matter because we scored on the next play, there?s no way that Fitz gets stopped just short of the end zone on the final touchdown.

vCash
    Dear Ole Miss fans,

It doesn't matter who starts for us- you're going to have to hurt two guys next year to win.
    Quit giving them goals to shoot for. They tried their best to hurt KT this season, too, after they took Fitz out.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Quit giving them goals to shoot for. They tried their best to hurt KT this season, too, after they took Fitz out.
    Pretty sure we don?t have to give them any incentives to do that which they?ve always done and relied on for any but of success..... CHEATING. There are now three things certain in life, death, taxes, and OM cheating in every aspect of life.

vCash
    I thought Dan was ultra conservative when Key first came in. I'll take back the part about the fourth quarter. I think what was on my mind was the comeback in the fourth quarter.
    Dan? Conservative? No way. Thats new for him***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    That’s the truth. Go back and watch number 9 lunge from behind at a running KT. The defender dived in and tried to deliver a right cross/forearm smash, same way as on Fitz. Dirty bastards.