Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- HeismanSlayer Bowl Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- HeismanSlayer Bowl Edition

1. I was wrong. I had Louisville beating us 33-20 yesterday. So let's go ahead and get that out of the way. I said the only way I saw us winning was if we came out to be physical and wear their asses down. On that- I was correct. That is what we did. Yesterday- our gameplan was exactly what I have been talking about in relation to Dan Mullen and his playcalling. We didnt come out getting cute and throwing 3 straight passes to start a game. We threw 3 passes total on our 1st two drives- the result? 14 points. #RTGDF when you have the personnel we have. Dont get cute to start a game by trying to throw a damn pass to Reggie freaking Todd. Rely on your best offensive players doing what they do best.

2. As many have said already, I'm very happy for Knox, English, and the rest of the coaches. They had the team prepared and ready to play. Just an incredible job considering everything that has gone on- not to mention that they are looking for jobs as all this went on. The calls werent always perfect and we had some penalties along with some personnel miscues, but under the circumstances these guys did really well. Helluva job by English to make some adjustments at halftime to get more pressure on Jackson. Difference in the ballgame right there

3. 55 runs to 20 passes. Excellent gameplan with the personnel we had for the bowl game. We werent going to win the game throwing it to Reggie Todd, Osirus Mitchell, Jamal Couch, etc....we were going to win it by #RTGDF with the A-Train, KT, and Hill. 47/264 for those 3 guys yesterday. That is how its done. Sirmon made some adjustments and loaded the box more on us- and the offense sputtered in the 2nd and 3rd a good bit- but we wore their ass down. The 4th Q we imposed our will because we kept on pounding.

4. There is no QB controversy no matter how much Brandon Walker and others want it to be. We have a 5th year Sr- 2 year starter at QB that is going into 2018 as the #6 rated QB in the country. He is also projected as a draft pick. We aren't sitting that guy next year. KT had a great day running the ball with 150 yards- but Fitz probably rolls for about 200 yards yesterday against that defense. KT only threw for 127 yards and a pick- let's not act like he threw for 300 yards yesterday. He had a good day and led us to victory. KT will probably be a better QB in Year 4 than Fitz was in Year 4 of his career- but 5th year Fitz will be State's QB.

You know why else there won't be a QB controversy? You don't give Fitz any reason at all to be a grad transfer to leave you with KT and Mayden as the only QB's on your roster for 2018. You start Fitz and get KT some playing time as the season goes on. Then KT gets to start for 2 years and work his magic.

5. 3 headed RB tandems just arent good for your offense unless you have the type of players that Bama or Georgia has as their 3rd RB. I'm sorry for Gibson- but 2018 needs to be the A-Train and Hill Show. Then get Marcus Murphy some clean up reps unless it looks like he just absolutely needs to play on defense.

6. We played our 2018 OL in the 2nd half and kept on rolling. That will be a great group in 2018. We will even have some depth with the guys we were able to redshirt. Really excited about these guys moving forward.

7. Simmons was ridiculous yesterday. 1 sack and EIGHT QB hurries as a DT. Eight hurries in one game by a DT is insane. He will be a top 10 draft pick in the 2019 Draft. Just keep working and stay healthy big boy.

8. I hope Sweat stays- because our DL will be special next year. With Sweat- we have a top 5 in the country DL. Without Sweat- its still really damn good with lots of depth. Either way we will be fine. But to have a special season- you need a special DL in college football. Let's hope he stays.

9. Got to get better at LB this Spring- but the talent is there.

10. Great game by our safeties- obviously Mac led the way with 3 picks- but the group played really well as a whole. Should really be outstanding next year when we add the redshirts

11. Dantzler and Peters are the odds on favorites at CB for 2018- need to find a grad transfer to help here also. Solid job by Dantzler yesterday getting extensive playing time.

12. We got what we needed yesterday- a win and momentum. Some on here tried to downplay a loss heading into the offseason and said yesterday didnt matter for the program- BULLSHIT. All the positive pub created by yesterday was huge for our program. It's huge going into the Spring. It's huge for confidence in some players. It's huge for the perception of the program by people that cover college football. It's huge that we will finished the season ranked. It's also huge because people see what we have coming back leading into next season.

13. The Joe Moorhead Era has now begun today. Looking forward to 2018 because this team has the chance to better 1999 and 2014.

Hail State
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It was interesting that Brandon Bryant played only on Special Teams Yesterday.... on point number 4, I bet Mullen sends Fitz a text in the next day or two... on point 11. it looks like Depth at CB will be our biggest concern next year.

vCash
    Can't. Argue with anything you wrote. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    It was interesting that Brandon Bryant played only on Special Teams Yesterday.... on point number 4, I bet Mullen sends Fitz a text in the next day or two... on point 11. it looks like Depth at CB will be our biggest concern next year.
    And Fitz will probably send back, who dis?

Banned
    vCash
    Was nice to see our 2ndary in the same zip code with those receivers. Wasn't expecting that. Wasn't expecting the players to be as focused all things considered. Let's be honest though, a bad loss would have been explained due to the coaching and personell issues. The MSU players just were not gonna be having any of that pity party though. Gutsy. That mature, business like attitude is enough for me to be syked about next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    He was in on at least one drive in the second half. Pretty sure it was the drive that he had the PF on the touchback.
    "Eat a Peach"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1. I was wrong. I had Louisville beating us 33-20 yesterday. So let's go ahead and get that out of the way. I said the only way I saw us winning was if we came out to be physical and wear their asses down. On that- I was correct. That is what we did. Yesterday- our gameplan was exactly what I have been talking about in relation to Dan Mullen and his playcalling. We didnt come out getting cute and throwing 3 straight passes to start a game. We threw 3 passes total on our 1st two drives- the result? 14 points. #RTGDF when you have the personnel we have. Dont get cute to start a game by trying to throw a damn pass to Reggie freaking Todd. Rely on your best offensive players doing what they do best.

2. As many have said already, I'm very happy for Knox, English, and the rest of the coaches. They had the team prepared and ready to play. Just an incredible job considering everything that has gone on- not to mention that they are looking for jobs as all this went on. The calls werent always perfect and we had some penalties along with some personnel miscues, but under the circumstances these guys did really well. Helluva job by English to make some adjustments at halftime to get more pressure on Jackson. Difference in the ballgame right there

3. 55 runs to 20 passes. Excellent gameplan with the personnel we had for the bowl game. We werent going to win the game throwing it to Reggie Todd, Osirus Mitchell, Jamal Couch, etc....we were going to win it by #RTGDF with the A-Train, KT, and Hill. 47/264 for those 3 guys yesterday. That is how its done. Sirmon made some adjustments and loaded the box more on us- and the offense sputtered in the 2nd and 3rd a good bit- but we wore their ass down. The 4th Q we imposed our will because we kept on pounding.

4. There is no QB controversy no matter how much Brandon Walker and others want it to be. We have a 5th year Sr- 2 year starter at QB that is going into 2018 as the #6 rated QB in the country. He is also projected as a draft pick. We aren't sitting that guy next year. KT had a great day running the ball with 150 yards- but Fitz probably rolls for about 200 yards yesterday against that defense. KT only threw for 127 yards and a pick- let's not act like he threw for 300 yards yesterday. He had a good day and led us to victory. KT will probably be a better QB in Year 4 than Fitz was in Year 4 of his career- but 5th year Fitz will be State's QB.

You know why else there won't be a QB controversy? You don't give Fitz any reason at all to be a grad transfer to leave you with KT and Mayden as the only QB's on your roster for 2018. You start Fitz and get KT some playing time as the season goes on. Then KT gets to start for 2 years and work his magic.

5. 3 headed RB tandems just arent good for your offense unless you have the type of players that Bama or Georgia has as their 3rd RB. I'm sorry for Gibson- but 2018 needs to be the A-Train and Hill Show. Then get Marcus Murphy some clean up reps unless it looks like he just absolutely needs to play on defense.

6. We played our 2018 OL in the 2nd half and kept on rolling. That will be a great group in 2018. We will even have some depth with the guys we were able to redshirt. Really excited about these guys moving forward.

7. Simmons was ridiculous yesterday. 1 sack and EIGHT QB hurries as a DT. Eight hurries in one game by a DT is insane. He will be a top 10 draft pick in the 2019 Draft. Just keep working and stay healthy big boy.

8. I hope Sweat stays- because our DL will be special next year. With Sweat- we have a top 5 in the country DL. Without Sweat- its still really damn good with lots of depth. Either way we will be fine. But to have a special season- you need a special DL in college football. Let's hope he stays.

10. Great game by our safeties- obviously Mac led the way with 3 picks- but the group played really well as a whole. Should really be outstanding next year when we add the redshirts

11. Dantzler and Peters are the odds on favorites at CB for 2018- need to find a grad transfer to help here also. Solid job by Dantzler yesterday getting extensive playing time.

12. We got what we needed yesterday- a win and momentum. Some on here tried to downplay a loss heading into the offseason and said yesterday didnt matter for the program- BULLSHIT. All the positive pub created by yesterday was huge for our program. It's huge going into the Spring. It's huge for confidence in some players. It's huge for the perception of the program by people that cover college football. It's huge that we will finished the season ranked. It's also huge because people see what we have coming back leading into next season.

13. The Joe Moorhead Era has now begun today. Looking forward to 2018 because this team has the chance to better 1999 and 2014.

Hail State
    Besides the WIN, I?m proud they won without Don Moulanrouge. It shows the program is bigger and better than one person. With a loss the media would have never given us a chance because they think we only have won because of him (and he gets credit for getting us to this level). I?m excited for the JoMo era. Buckle up 2018 should be great at Hailstate.

vCash

I have to say now that Simmons will be filthy rich soon. Dude was a one man wrecking ball, probably will be our greatest defensive player before his career is over. Motor never stops and seems to be a good team leader!

vCash
    Lamar Jackson sent out a tweet last night to MSU, giving them some well done, and congrats. Simmons responded with some nice props to Jackson. Good for both of those guys, it was good to see. There is no doubt Jackson is a great athlete.

vCash
    I could never figure why You and many others thought we would get beaten. As a coach you should know the game is won by the big boys up front. I had an idea our OL and DL would kick the Cardinals ass. I also figured our pressure on Jackson would cause Him to make some mistakes. Did you not think we would be able to run the ball on Sirmon's defense. We should have won by 3 TDs. The Refs gave them one TD and we had our regular 17 up right before half. ole 20 had 2 big screw ups that we over came along with Gabes muff(why not have Thomas?). We would have stomped Ole Miss with this staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Lamar Jackson sent out a tweet last night to MSU, giving them some well done, and congrats. Simmons responded with some nice props to Jackson. Good for both of those guys, it was good to see. There is no doubt Jackson is a great athlete.
    That is awesome

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash

May be an unpopular opinion, but I think Simmons is the best player State has ever had. He is just a beast, and you are right. He should be a top 10 pick, and i wouldnt be surprised if he went top 3. I am very excited for one more season to watch him next year.

vCash
    Great Post C34.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOATHEBears View Post
    Besides the WIN, I?m proud they won without Don Moulanrouge. It shows the program is bigger and better than one person. With a loss the media would have never given us a chance because they think we only have won because of him (and he gets credit for getting us to this level). I?m excited for the JoMo era. Buckle up 2018 should be great at Hailstate.
    The media still won't give us a chance. This game won't change that b/c most of the media barely watches college football.

vCash

Hail State
    Very strong post.
    And #13 sounds so ****ing refreshing.

From what I have been told. Look for Murphy to get a shot at CB. Kid supposedly wants to play D because he knows that’s his ticket to the League. CJM May have other plans, but Murphy is a stud so wherever he ends up it should have great results.

Looking forward to spring practice .

vCash
    I think most folks will overlook this point, but I agree completely. I've been saying this all year. Aeris and Kylin should've been the only 2 backs on the field unless the game is over or we're playing an fcs school. In fact, I think its better to go with a 1 RB system than it is 3, but go 2 if you have the talent.

Look at what the Saints did this year as another example. They had Adrian Peterson, Kamara, and Ingram all sharing time. None of the 3 could get anything going. They trade Peterson and almost instantly Kamara and Ingram begin to dominate and become the best RB duo in the league.

vCash
    I'm really excited about next year. Even looking forward to Spring practice. Hopefully Fitz will be well enough to handle some of the pass reps in practice.

vCash
    When it comes to RB next season, I trust CJM and Coach Huff 10x better than CDM and Knox and with Hev being the RUnning game cord I’m sure that **** had way too much input since Mullen is his bitch.
    I’m just glad everyone has finally turned the page on DLee.. great kid just not a SEC back. If there is a FB role with CJM offense there’s your D Lee.
    Don’t give up on Gibson yet. I agree Aries and Hill are 1 and 2 but there are a few touches in there for Gibson ( I thought he got too many yesterday )

I am excited to see what CJM has in store for Dear. Where he lines him up? How many touches he gets ? . Ect..
    lots of weapons next year for this offense and the D will be off the charts and if the backend performs well holy ****ing shit..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I think most folks will overlook this point, but I agree completely. I've been saying this all year. Aeris and Kylin should've been the only 2 backs on the field unless the game is over or we're playing an fcs school. In fact, I think its better to go with a 1 RB system than it is 3, but go 2 if you have the talent.

Look at what the Saints did this year as another example. They had Adrian Peterson, Kamara, and Ingram all sharing time. None of the 3 could get anything going. They trade Peterson and almost instantly Kamara and Ingram begin to dominate and become the best RB duo in the league.
    Agree with what you guys are saying, but we need Gibson to stick around, so need to get him some touches. D Lee is always hurt, Alec Murphy is hurt and not great. We don't know if Webb will be ready to contribute next year and you have to have 3 backs ready in case of injury. This isn't like the NFL where you can just go get another guy if you have injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    When it comes to RB next season, I trust CJM and Coach Huff 10x better than CDM and Knox and with Hev being the RUnning game cord I’m sure that **** had way too much input since Mullen is his bitch.
    I’m just glad everyone has finally turned the page on DLee.. great kid just not a SEC back. If there is a FB role with CJM offense there’s your D Lee.
    Don’t give up on Gibson yet. I agree Aries and Hill are 1 and 2 but there are a few touches in there for Gibson ( I thought he got too many yesterday )

I am excited to see what CJM has in store for Dear. Where he lines him up? How many touches he gets ? . Ect..
    lots of weapons next year for this offense and the D will be off the charts and if the backend performs well holy ****ing shit..
    You will never see a FB from a CJM offense.