Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Ready For the Media To be Completely Ignorant About our 2018 Roster

vCash

Get Ready For the Media To be Completely Ignorant About our 2018 Roster

Just listened to the most ignorant, useless, uninformed Barrett Sallee (yeah, I know. My mistake) segment on BSR where he was answering the question about who would have more wins in 2018 between MSU & OM.

- First off, he made the questions appear difficult. Waffled back & forth for a minute acting like 30 seconds of research couldn't answer an obvious question
    - He chose MSU, but said that he felt MSU could finish above .500. Yes, with 18 starters returning & more players that have started from a team that won 8 games & should've won 9 games if a number of unfortunate variables hadn't taken place, he said he though MSU could finish above .500.

So get ready. With great players all over the field, everyone returning that touched the football this year at a decent rate, & a revamped, more talented WR core, we can be over .500. Do these people realize we have averaged about 8 wins a year over the past 5 years?

That may be some of the most pathetic analysis I've heard, but get ready to not see MSU in the "Too Early Top 25" polls that will come out in a few weeks. We will be nowhere to be found.

Why?

1. Because the media won't have done their homework.
    2. If they do have a clue about our roster returning, they'll say there are too many questions due to new coach & Fitz's injury
    3. They'll make Don sounds like the greatest coach every that got average players to play better than their talent.

Just get ready. We are top 12 team next year, but we will be nowhere to be found in the "To Early Top 25s". I think we'll sneak into the preseason top 25s at around 22-23 once the media becomes more educated in the off season.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-27-2017 at 11:46 AM.

vCash
    Why anyone listens to Bare Sally is beyond me...

vCash
    If you are a "reporter" and you look only at our 2018 roster, and don't consider the future past 2018, here are our problems.

1. Wideout - No returning production, and we lose Donald Gray. More digging sees we signed the number one JUCO wideout in the nation, and two 4-star high school wideouts.
    2. Quarterback - What is the health of Fitz?
    3. Corner - we lose Tolando Cleveland and Lashard Durr.

Banned
    vCash
    "Lay Down Sally, no need to leave so soon, I've been trying all night long just to talk to you"

vCash
    From the media perspective, we lost the only reason we have been a good team, Mullen. We will have to prove ourselves again. If we win the bowl game though, I think we will be 15-20 in preseason poll bc writers check returning starters in final polls. If we lose, we will most likely not be ranked. This is why I really want this bowl game... helped our image headed into a huge recruiting year in miss

Banned
    vCash
    Why does BSR have people like Barrett Sallee on their show?

vCash
    Good.... Good! State has always faired better in an underdog, under the radar role. It is a nice little advantage for us when other teams are lacking intensity because “it is just Mississippi State.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Why anyone listens to Bare Sally is beyond me...
    Unfortunately a lot of media type outside Starkville think he is the guru of the south.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Just listened to the most ignorant, useless, uninformed Barrett Sallee (yeah, I know. My mistake) segment on BSR where he was answering the question about who would have more wins in 2018 between MSU & OM.

- First off, he made the questions appear difficult. Waffled back & forth for a minute acting like 30 seconds of research couldn't answer an obvious question
    - He chose MSU, but said that he felt MSU could finish above .500. Yes, with 18 starters returning & more players that have started from a team that won 8 games & should've won 9 games if a number of unfortunate variables hadn't taken place, he said he though MSU could finish above .500.

So get ready. With great players all over the field, everyone returning that touched the football this year at a decent rate, & a revamped, more talented WR core, we can be over .500. Do these people realize we have averaged about 8 wins a year over the past 5 years?

That may be some of the most pathetic analysis I've heard, but get ready to not see MSU in the "Too Early Top 25" polls that will come out in a few weeks. We will be nowhere to be found.

Why?

1. Because the media won't have done their homework.
    2. If they do have a clue about our roster returning, they'll say there are too many questions due to new coach & Fitz's injury
    3. They'll make Don sounds like the greatest coach every that got average players to play better than their talent.

Just get ready. We are top 12 team next year, but we will be nowhere to be found in the "To Early Top 25s". I think we'll sneak into the preseason top 25s at around 22-23 once the media becomes more educated in the off season.
    Good. We are always better as the underdog

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Why does BSR have people like Barrett Sallee on their show?
    The BSR guys actually answered that once- it's because the guy has a huge social media following and promotes all of his appearances, so whenever they have him on, it is among their most downloaded episodes.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    We would have to win a National Championship to be considered a mid-level SEC program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Good.... Good! State has always faired better in an underdog, under the radar role. It is a nice little advantage for us when other teams are lacking intensity because “it is just Mississippi State.”
    Again, I get what you are saying, but you can't grow your program with this mentality

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We would have to win a National Championship to be considered a mid-level SEC program.
    Why?

I consider the mid-level SEC teams to be Texas A&M, Tennessee, South Carolina, MSU, & Ole Miss. Other than Tennessee, none of those teams have won a natty in over 40 years.

I don't see how winning a natty 40+ years ago is relevant in today's SEC

I consider Arkansas, Mizzou, Kentucky, & Mizzou to be lower level SEC teams with Arkansas & Mizzou having the capacity to move into the mid-level occasionally.

vCash
    Not too concerned with it. Lower expectations usually bode well for us. Besides, I'd rather be lower ranked than FL going into that game. Mullen doesn't do well as the fav.

One thing against us going into that game is Grantham has talent to work with. All but 1 starter back, and only loses 4 players off the 2-deep on D. Grantham can coach and get the D playing well in pretty short order.

One thing in our favor ... Mullen's offense has a learning curve. However, they only lose 2 starters and 3 off the 2-deep on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Not too concerned with it. Lower expectations usually bode well for us. Besides, I'd rather be lower ranked than FL going into that game. Mullen doesn't do well as the fav.

One thing against us going into that game is Grantham has talent to work with. All but 1 starter back, and only loses 4 players off the 2-deep on D. Grantham can coach and get the D playing well in pretty short order.

One thing in our favor ... Mullen's offense has a learning curve. However, they only lose 2 starters and 3 off the 2-deep on offense.
    To my knowledge UF has never run a 3-4. They may have the learning curve UGA had in TG's first year there. They sucked on D. All outta position. The next year was much better.

And yeah, I'm all for lower expectations. We get top 15 and Moorhead coaches a cluster all season it will look bad. I want us out of the top 25 and Joe coaches like a boss all season with a couple of very impressive wins. Finish the year on a high note.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    To my knowledge UF has never run a 3-4. They may have the learning curve UGA had in TG's first year there. They sucked on D. All outta position. The next year was much better.

And yeah, I'm all for lower expectations. We get top 15 and Moorhead coaches a cluster all season it will look bad. I want us out of the top 25 and Joe coaches like a boss all season with a couple of very impressive wins. Finish the year on a high note.
    Why can’t we just start in the top 15 and finish there?

vCash
    2014 proved....just win and rankings take care of themselves.....it’s that simple.....knock off LSU and some more.....of course it will help not to FOLD against bama and om.....

Banned
    vCash
    Again, I get what you are saying, but you can't grow your program with this mentality
    Auburn has built their program this way

vCash
    SEC network guys say we'll be pre-season top 10-15. So yeah, we'll probably finish above .500.

vCash
    Why can’t we just start in the top 15 and finish there?
    And that's happened when? Or starting and finishing in the top 20?

It always turns into a shit show of ineptitude. Hey, I'd love to start top 15 and go up but we've never done that. I hope Joe makes us a perennial top 10 program before he leaves.