Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Tomorrow's Game

vCash

Thoughts on Tomorrow's Game

Just thinking about tomorrow's game & here are some thoughts:

- I have no clue what to expect. I truly fear that Petrino will run circles around us schematically & we won't have the experience on the sideline to make adjustments
    - I think Keytaon will play well & won't be the reason we lose, if we lose.
    - I'd obviously love to see us win, but, with everything going against this team from a coaching & injury standpoint, I kind of have my Bama week mentality going. I'll take a competitive loss & chalk it up as a terrible situation in which the guys played hard.
    - Most of all, I don't want to get embarrassed & create a situation where this game carries over to the off season & affects where next year's team starts off from a rankings stand point. From a perception & media coverage stand point, with what MSU has returning next year, we need the off season coverage that being considered a good team bring. A blow out tomorrow probably ruins that.
    - I hope we slow the game down tomorrow. To me, with Jackson on the other sideline, we need to use all 40 seconds in the huddle on every play. RTGDF & shorten the game.
    - Come out of the game with no major injuries. It's critical that our players are healthy & ready to go for Spring practice with the new coaching staff.

vCash
    If this Wake Forest vs Texas A&M score holds, then teams with coaching turnover will be 1-4 this bowl season. And it's really hard to give credit to FSU for beating USM.

vCash
    I think we play better defensively than offensively. We have kept the DL, CB's, and Safeties coaches plus have an experienced DC running the D for the bowl.

On offense we have a RB and QB coach- plus a bunch of GA's
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Is it possible Fitz helps?

vCash

I think we play a lot more competitively than people expect

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think we play better defensively than offensively. We have kept the DL, CB's, and Safeties coaches plus have an experienced DC running the D for the bowl.

Maybe even win. If we do lose, even a blowout, I don?t think carries over negatively to next season.
    Everyone ready to get the Mullen era behind them. Lots of excitement about the Joe Moorhead era starting!

vCash
    I could care less about the rankings. None of them mean anything. Winning will make the committee rank us where we should be, theirs is the only poll that matters anymore anyway. I personally hope we are unranked think it will help our intensity level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

We won't be as hamstrung on defense by lack of coordinator experience, but we will be facing a much tougher test.

Louisville's defense hasn't been as terrible as you'd expect with Sirmon coaching it, but we still might be able to have some success ramming it down their throats even with mediocre playcalling.

vCash
    Jamal Peters is out. Durr is limited. English is not a good DC. Our other coaches have their minds on other jobs.

4 of our top 5 playmakers heading into the season are out: Fitzgerald, Gray, Mixon and Dear.

Lamar Jackson is the best player in college football this year. I expect we get beat by double digits. But the good news is it will have ZERO effect on next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I could care less about the rankings. None of them mean anything. Winning will make the committee rank us where we should be, theirs is the only poll that matters anymore anyway. I personally hope we are unranked think it will help our intensity level.
    Disagree. To build the brand we want to build at MSU, you have to get media coverage & only top 25 teams get media coverage. We want & need people talking about Mississippi State football in the off season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Jamal Peters is out. Durr is limited. English is not a good DC. Our other coaches have their minds on other jobs.

4 of our top 5 playmakers heading into the season are out: Fitzgerald, Gray, Mixon and Dear.

Lamar Jackson is the best player in college football this year. I expect we get beat by double digits. But the good news is it will have ZERO effect on next season.
    Whats wrong with Durr? I agree a loss has no effect on next season at all.

vCash
    Our only chance to win is the Alabama game plan. Run the ball and milk the clock, keeping the ball away from Jackson and Petrino.

I like that we have an experienced guy coaching defense. However it is a terrible matchup...our speed vs Jackson and Petrino....oh boy. However our lack of an offensive staff could be a blessing. No dan Walsh on the sideline to abandon a working running game for style points passing.

I really believe the strength of this team is running the ball. Hopefully Knox won’t care if we look like a military academy and he will give the ball to Williams and Hill all morning. Milk the play clock, run the ball. Do it again.

vCash
    I'm expecting the worst. As in a blow out. Hope they surprise me.

Archimedes
    vCash

Y'all act like dear has played all year or something. That's the most ole miss thing ever. Just drop that excuse.

Banned
    vCash

English is a good dc. I wish thats who we would have hired as dc

vCash

Mixon still out? What is his injury? (Don Merlin’s is gone. We can talk about injuries)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Strongly disagree.

vCash
    Pessimistic over a number of things. Hope for the seniors sake they pull together. Being in transition from one staff to another just isn't pretty. The conference is taking some lumps thus far. Though I am a real SEC fan and kind of enjoy seeing the other assholes lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Could not possibly disagree with you any more.

vCash
    We gonna suck.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Could not possibly disagree with you any more.
    Care to elaborate?