Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TSUN recruiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ah. Gotcha. Amazing he is 94 rated then

He is 6’3” 220 now. Derrick Henry is 6’3” 240, so Joiner looks to be about the same in the future.

Hard to have quick feet and a low center of gravity at that size. Not sure a big, lumbering RB really fits OM’s offense
    Backup qb*****

vCash
    Maybe he wants to start day 1?

(Just a guess...)
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    And let's face it they never stopped the network....they are in full force and now they are emboldened because there are no consequences to all out cheating.
    Exactly, they are probably the most corrupt recruiting school in the nation who stuck their middle finger in the faces of the NCAA during the entire 3 year investigation while continuing to cheat during the entire process. And even with all of that the pathetic NCAA COI only gave them little more than a slap on the wrist with OM having every intention of appealing the 2nd year bowl ban (only truly stinging thing they got). So right now they are very much emboldened to go back in Network strong with little worry of consequences and recruits see that accepting benefits has little potential downside. Its also obvious that OM will not be crippled in the way we thought they would be long term. So with all of that together we will have our hands full recruiting against them with the 2019 class. I think Moorhead will end up being a very good recruiter for us but for right now, Matt Luke is the HC with the longer standing relationship with MS HS coaches. Even with the 2018 class, if OM had gotten the penalties we thought they would get then Williams would not have flipped and Lovett would not be mulling things over.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Just a follow up

Joiner does have some grade concerns but the feeling is he will end up qualifying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Just a follow up

Joiner does have some grade concerns but the feeling is he will end up qualifying.
    Since when has grades been an issue for Ole Miss?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Their QB recruit got dropped by Fla and nobody in the Pac-12 wanted him. They got him because he has issues- as they do alot of their recruits
    They did learn one thing from Freezus and his Network. The Heppin Bidness will always be open, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Poised to get the nations #6 RB and #124 overall. Unbelievable. Thought recruiting would surely be dead over there for a while before these sanctions came out. They get a slap on the wrist on then the #4 QB flips to them. If MSU was in the boat TSUN was in then we would've been absolutely hammered.
    None of in-state schools or LSU have room for him. That's the story. He also runs like a 4.8. Even if they did have room it would be at linebacker. Case of being overrated.

And all of that is coming from ole miss sources.

All of that being said, I think LSU makes room for him in the end and he jumps on that. I believe I heard O say they had a "secret commit" at RB. I think it's him.

vCash
    Sounds like Ole Miss recruiting during Orgeron's first year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They are still going to sign some top recruits. One or two guys don't mean shit if you don't have anyone else to go with them. Every p 5 schools get four stars. Once those WR are gone ole miss will have nothing. I suspect Luke will be fired with in two seasons.
    I'm sure that was the plan all along - but how do you get new recruits to consider that
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I'm sure that was the plan all along - but how do you get new recruits to consider that
    Our fans have to put it out there on social media like their fans did when they said Dan was leaving for somewhere else 9 years in a row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    None of in-state schools or LSU have room for him. That's the story. He also runs like a 4.8. Even if they did have room it would be at linebacker. Case of being overrated.

And all of that is coming from ole miss sources.

All of that being said, I think LSU makes room for him in the end and he jumps on that. I believe I heard O say they had a "secret commit" at RB. I think it's him.
    I realize it?s just rankings but it bothers me that guys like this are ranked over Marcus Murphy, Whop, Heath, etc. it just lacks sense.

All evaluators miss and put bad grades on guys but it appears as though the recruiting sites forget to fix them when more information is known.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ah. Gotcha. Amazing he is 94 rated then

He is 6?3? 220 now. Derrick Henry is 6?3? 240, so Joiner looks to be about the same in the future.

Hard to have quick feet and a low center of gravity at that size. Not sure a big, lumbering RB really fits OM?s offense
    Comparing this guy to Derrick freaking Henry is like comparing Elijah Staley to Cam Newton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Comparing this guy to Derrick freaking Henry is like comparing Elijah Staley to Cam Newton.
    Just watched his video.

Agree he's not Henry, but he is a good athlete that has a profile problem.

Not fast enough with a low enough center of gravity to be a legit SEC RB. Remember Henry had breakaway speed
    Not long enough to an outside LB like KJ Wright, Gerri Green
    Maybe he can be a TE like Engram or something.

Not sure.

vCash
    who give's a rip who they sign

Banned
    vCash
    MSU fans really need to stop worrying about this. The Ole Miss Media will always skew perception to their advantage. Anyone want to know why the 2019 class is so hyped? Easy, because Ole Miss has the inside track on a lot of the players due to existing factors. I mean look around, they've somehow convinced people that they are doing alright in recruiting this year. Look at the actual class.....we have WIPED THE FLOOR instate. I personally believe that most classes in Mississippi are similar in overall talent, so why aren't we celebrating what WE have ACTUALLY done, rather than what they make it SEEM like they have done?

Whoever wins instate usually wins the battle. What Ole Miss did under Hugh Freeze with the out-of-staters is the exception, not the rule.

vCash
    I would be really surprised if grades were an issue... unless, of course, he was "on scholarship" at Mtn. Brook, too....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I live in the Birmingham area and know guys involved with the Mountain brook program. Apparently, Joiner is extremely soft for a guy his size. There's a reason AU and bama are passing on a guy with his size and athleticism. Wouldn't be too worried if he ends up at ole miss

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    I've gotten to the point of just not caring about them anymore.