Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Listening to the Boneyard yesterday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Dantzler yes. Peters is feast or famine. He has been able to jump some routes and get a pick or PBU. But may not start next season again.
    He didnt start this year bc he wasnt a senior

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Be competitive again?

Are we not competitive?

What is your definition of competitive?
    Um...I was talking about being competitive in recruiting... simmer down a bit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    I wish he would just tell us who the coach is that said we?re at a disadvantage because we dont have a shopping mall. Thats just ridiculous. Sounds like that coach was just regurgitating what his wife complained about once.
    director of recruiting that went with Mullen to Florida
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I can understand the past sunshine pumping given that his livelihood is largely dependent on his increased access to the team and staff.
    He had very little meaningful access with Mullen and his staff.

I think he's a sunshine pumper for the most part, but he has always hinted there was some lazy recruiting by certain staff members.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Ok. Put middle of the SEC at best with our front 7 and safeties and we will be stout on defense. Dantzler is good gonna be better than Peters idk why you so low on them
    Cause peters is an avg sec corner at best.... is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    His WR recruited greatly showed this.

Funny how Schaefer, Cannizzaro, etc can get studs to come.

Also funny how defensive players apparently care much less about shopping malls than offensive players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Ah, figures that it would be the female on staff that was worried about having a shopping mall. Assuming we are speaking of Miss Begley.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 12-28-2017 at 10:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Sounds like you warming up on peters

vCash
    I wish he would just tell us who the coach is that said we?re at a disadvantage because we dont have a shopping mall. Thats just ridiculous. Sounds like that coach was just regurgitating what his wife complained about once.
    When did Oxford get a mall?
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Ok. Put middle of the SEC at best with our front 7 and safeties and we will be stout on defense. Dantzler is good gonna be better than Peters idk why you so low on them
    Yeah, we should be good on defense. Just wish we had a couple of Will Redmonds at corner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I like him. Hes better against the bigger WRs not calvin ridley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    This

To go from our usual 24-28th ranked class to a consistent 18-22nd rank class is pretty much 1-2 extra 4* a year. We can all think of 1 or 2 kids every year for the past 5 classes that if you add them to our team we're a SEC contender. So no we're not far away at all.
    And if you combine that over 4-5 years, you are talking about an extra 4-10 guys like that on the roster. It doesn?t seem like a huge difference, but when you add it up you realize just how big that can be.

The top teams have elite talent all over their starting 22. But they also have elite talent riding the bench and backing guys up. We don?t have that at enough positions and it?s shown, especially at WR and DB. You can say it for the OL too but we have been able to plug here and there and be ok. If we can start building depth it?s gonna be a difference maker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We only need a slight improvement in recruiting to be able to compete with the big boys. We don't have to sign top 10 classes every year. Look at next year's team. If we had signed just 1 4 star corner the past 3 years and that guy played to his ranking, then we would be really stout on D.

On offense, we can't have a 4 year drought at the receiver position like we did until this class. And we need to sign 2 more legit Olinemen per year. This isn't a drastic improvement in recruiting but it would make a big difference with our roster.
    This is all correct. And the thing about gettig to 15-20 for us with how Mississippi is notoriously underrated is that is going to equate out to more like a top 12 class for everyone else.

Even just signing a full class of all three star offensive linemen would have helped us. It's the not signing anyone and then tyring to "count back" or rely on JUCO's that hurts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    And if you combine that over 4-5 years, you are talking about an extra 4-10 guys like that on the roster. It doesn?t seem like a huge difference, but when you add it up you realize just how big that can be.

The top teams have elite talent all over their starting 22. But they also have elite talent riding the bench and backing guys up. We don?t have that at enough positions and it?s shown, especially at WR and DB. You can say it for the OL too but we have been able to plug here and there and be ok. If we can start building depth it?s gonna be a difference maker.
    It's not surprising that Dan didn't do well at the swag positions. Of course even though we may have been able to plug in decent players here and there but that doesn't mean we are maximizing our recruiting potential. We get two four stars even every other year and it would have made a huge difference on the offensive line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    His WR recruited greatly showed this.

Funny how Schaefer, Cannizzaro, etc can get studs to come.

Also funny how defensive players apparently care much less about shopping malls than offensive players
    THIS.

And the mall thing sounds like an argument from the 1990's. Those things are dying out across the country and if one was built in Starkville it probably would end up being an eyesore. I guess the fact that Starkville doesn't have a Cracker Barrel is an issue too right?** College kids can buy anything they want and much more online. I only go to the mall about 5-6 times a year max. And I wouldn't be surprised if that's a lot for a typical person nowadays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    THIS.

And the mall thing sounds like an argument from the 1990's. Those things are dying out across the country and if one was built in Starkville it probably would end up being an eyesore. I guess the fact that Starkville doesn't have a Cracker Barrel is an issue too right?** College kids can buy anything they want and much more online. I only go to the mall about 5-6 times a year max. And I wouldn't be surprised if that's a lot for a typical person nowadays.
    Well danny boys recruiting coordinator was a woman so the shopping mall crack sounds about right lol

vCash
    Clemson doesn't have a shopping mall. Hell, Clemson doesn't have a Wal-Mart.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Not getting beat 31-3 by Georgia, and 49-10 by Auburn.

Can we stop with the Georgia and auburn scores? Georgia is the SEC champion in the playoff and Auburn beat UGA and Bama in back to back weeks. They are both very good football teams and to try to belittle this years state team with those 2 losses is just petty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Can we stop with the Georgia and auburn scores? Georgia is the SEC champion in the playoff and Auburn beat UGA and Bama in back to back weeks. They are both very good football teams and to try to belittle this years state team with those 2 losses is just petty.
    The guy asked what the definition of competitive was. I pointed out we were not competitive in those 2 games in my opinion-maybe you think we were. The Alabama game 2 years ago was when were really not competitive. They could have named the score on us. Saban put in his substitutes in the 2nd half and just ran the ball to hold down the score. I hope those days are over with the arrival of Coach Moorhead, and I believe they will be.