Thread: Alright....Bowlgame

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Alright....Bowlgame

I am not sure what to expect in this game.
    Lack of coaching staff could make this a very bad day.
    Lack of starting QB, doesn't bother me as much. I hope KT can make some big strides over the bowl practices to run the offense.
    I believe we have the better team, but I believe we are a large underdog due to the coaching staff loss. Hopefully English can get the boys playing. What say you guys?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I?ve got a bad feeling in my gut about this game. I feel we could get down right embarrassed. I think the kids are going to play hard but to play against a guy like Lamar, you?ve gotta have a good scheme & we don?t have the coaching accumine as well as experience on the defensive side of the ball purely in coaching NOT in talent. If you don?t that that?s accurate go back and watch how we defended a very similar type of player in Shoelace at the Gator Bowl in 2010. And he wasn?t near the passer Lamar is. So I feel very bad about the bowl for sure. I could be wrong, I have been before and I hope I am but I don?t feel good about it at all.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree with you about Key. I am glad he's going to get a full game of experience against a quality opponent. Win or lose it doesnt really matter, but it will give him that much more experience in case we need him next year for some reason.

vCash
    Ron English is calling Defence at which he has coordinator exp. and HC exp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Ron English is calling Defence at which he has coordinator exp. and HC exp.
    Yeah, he was 11-46 as a head coach. UL has played really well the last 3 games. And Lamar Jackson has played better than last season when he won the Heisman. Teams with coaching turnover are 1-3 so far in bowls and the 1 win was an FSU team who had way more talent than USM. It's going to be a really tough challenge for us. I just hope we don't get blown out.

vCash
    I feel like we get beat 38-31. Their defense sucks. Only way it’s a blowout is if the kids don’t care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I feel like we get beat 38-31. Their defense sucks. Only way it’s a blowout is if the kids don’t care.
    Yeah, they are 50th in the country against the run. So if our O-line comes to play, maybe we can move the ball with Aeris, Key, and Kylin.

vCash
    Did anyone confirm the Louisville dlineman sitting also?

vCash
    I think the kids will play hard. We really have nothing to lose. If we had a full staff I'd say we win confidently but without one it will be tough. Plus Lamar Jackson. Im excited to see how the kids play, bowl games are about the players anyway not the coaches.

vCash
    We have almost our entire defensive coaching staff in tact. Christian Robinson is coaching LBs and has followed Grantham everywhere and has been his right hand man. He'll do a good job.

English was a DC at Michigan he has experience. This ain't Deshea Townsend trying to call a D for the first time ever.

Elliot also has OC experience. His offenses at Texas State were pretty solid.

People forget the first time we went to the Gator Bowl and Mirando had to coach WRs for us. He was a GA at the time and had he not gotten in trouble with the NCAA would've been one of our better staffers the last few years. He's doing really well as the OC at Eastern Kentucky by the way. One to keep an eye on.

vCash
    shit, I think we are winning by 2 tds