Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I like about the new staff

vCash

What I like about the new staff

Croom had McCorvey and others.

Dan had the Country Club.

But it doesn't appear as if Moorhead has many if any sacred cows.

QB- Breiner- probably the most likely, but we do need someone that knows the offense.
    RB- Huff- coached with Joe for a couple of years, but is highly regarded as a recruiter.
    WR- Getsy- never coached with Joe before
    TE- Hud- Never coached with Joe before
    OL- Johnson- Never coached with Joe before
    DC/S- Shoop- Probably recommended by James Franklin but has not coached with Joe before.
    DL- Baker- Never coached with Joe
    LB- Lembaku- Maybe briefly?
    CB- Woodson- Never coached with Joe
    K/P- Boniol- Never coached with Joe
    ST- Scott Fountain- Never coached with Joe

Hopefully this means that he won't try to protect any of his buddies that are riding our gravy train.

vCash
    Getsy played for Joe.

Shoop is the only coach I'm nervous about, but 2 years ago I would have considered him a homerun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

QB- Breiner- probably the most likely, but we do need someone that knows the offense.
    RB- Huff- coached with Joe for a couple of years, but is highly regarded as a recruiter.
    DC/S- Shoop- Probably recommended by James Franklin but has not coached with Joe before.

Hopefully this means that he won't try to protect any of his buddies that are riding our gravy train.
    Getsy played for Moorhead at Akron
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Getsy played for Joe.

Shoop is the only coach I'm nervous about, but 2 years ago I would have considered him a homerun.
    Should have looked at the playing bios obviously.

Shoop doesn't worry me. Grantham had just as much if not more baggage than Shoop- Georgia fans complaining about third and Grantham and he had a major falling out with Petrino.

I think he needed to leave Tennessee- and I think he is in a much better situation than he was with a lot more talent. I like the fact that he coaches safeties- that has been one of the weakest units we have had since Dan took over. He could be hungry to prove that Tennessee was more about Butch Jones being dysfunctional than it being his defense.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Something about TNs swagger of their players. Seemed like Jones couldn't manage expectations and characters there. JMHO. Moorhead seems less likely to let the players pull shit on and off the field. He let's the expectations be known at this outlet.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Something about TNs swagger of their players. Seemed like Jones couldn't manage expectations and characters there. JMHO. Moorhead seems less likely to let the players pull shit on and off the field. He let's the expectations be known at this outlet.
    Jones ignited their swagger he just couldn't coach them to win.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Lembaku is confirmed?
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Lembaku is confirmed?
    An official offer was announced, but neither a response nor any other offers have been announced, and that was a few weeks ago. With that information, you can safely assume that the answer was yes as soon as the NFL season comes to an end. I would expect to hear something on Sunday or Monday.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    An official offer was announced, but neither a response nor any other offers have been announced, and that was a few weeks ago. With that information, you can safely assume that the answer was yes as soon as the NFL season comes to an end. I would expect to hear something on Sunday or Monday.
    SF has won 4 straight and could make it 5 with the rams resting starters. Wonder if he stays if staff is not cleaned out

vCash
    What I like is that it looks like we have a real Special Teams coach....

vCash
    Lembaku..
    my west coast source on him says dude is a very good coach . Players will love the guy . Great hire for us.
    This came directly from a San Fran staffer..

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    SF has won 4 straight and could make it 5 with the rams resting starters. Wonder if he stays if staff is not cleaned out
    He's a quality control guy so I doubt it matters much what the staff does.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Just for future reference his name is Tem Lukabu.

Banned
    vCash
    I am personally glad we are hiring some great coaches rather than getting stuck on recruiting, and the sleaze that goes with it. Yes, recruiting is very important, but I would rather attract the kids based on our program and culture and system, rather than a bunch of slickster back slapping Baptist sleazeballing. There are enough kids in MS, AL and LA to field a good team, even if Ole Miss plucks a few dumb ones from instate.

I would have hated the Pruitt hire for this reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Lembaku..
    my west coast source on him says dude is a very good coach . Players will love the guy . Great hire for us.
    This came directly from a San Fran staffer..
    He was one of the few that Shanahan kept from the Chip Kelly regime.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    I am personally glad we are hiring some great coaches rather than getting stuck on recruiting, and the sleaze that goes with it. Yes, recruiting is very important, but I would rather attract the kids based on our program and culture and system, rather than a bunch of slickster back slapping Baptist sleazeballing. There are enough kids in MS, AL and LA to field a good team, even if Ole Miss plucks a few dumb ones from instate.

I would have hated the Pruitt hire for this reason.
    I agree but don't be deceived, there are ATLEAST 3 or 4 elite recruiters on this staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I agree but don't be deceived, there are ATLEAST 3 or 4 elite recruiters on this staff.
    I know that Huff and Hud are lights out. Who would be the others? Not saying that the others can't be, just saying that I am not familiar. I fully expect our two young NFL coaches to be solid, and I would have to guess the fact that the two OM alum coaches know the area well should play in our favor.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    I know that Huff and Hud are lights out. Who would be the others? Not saying that the others can't be, just saying that I am not familiar. I fully expect our two young NFL coaches to be solid, and I would have to guess the fact that the two OM alum coaches know the area well should play in our favor.
    I think Shoop is supposed to be a very good recruiter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Yep, we are about to see what relentless effort in recruiting really looks like.

vCash
    Has a strength and conditioning coach been named?

Thanks!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"