Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Christmas Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Christmas Edition

Sorry for the tardiness. We had the baby on the 20th and got discharged yesterday. Everything went really smooth and everybody is good. I?m pretty sure I?ll be cooking something tonight so we don?t have to get out. Been a whirlwind at our house. Steady stream of friends and family.

I?m sure we?ll see some awesome Christmas food and don?t forget to share any sweet new outdoor toys... Merry Christmas to you guys and your families. We don?t have a huge group on this forum but it?s quality over quantity.

vCash
    Popping my cherry on my first prime rib on the visions. Temp is at 102. Going to pull the stone at 125 and reverse sear. Reducing a gravy off the rib bone also for some garlic mash potatoes. Following instructions off barbecueright.com religiously.

vCash
    Very nice. I’ve done prime rib a bunch and the internal temp is key. You pull that bad boy at 125, it’ll continue to cook up to 135 tops and you’ll have a beautiful rare prime rib. Are you resting or finishing with any butter and/or herbs?

vCash
    Putting the crust on now with the reverse shear. Already rubbed it down with Mrs O’Learys Cow Crust at the beginning . Going to rest it in tin foil/cooler with a couple pats of butter. Serve it up for supper.

vCash
    Post some pics. Sounds like its going to be amazing

vCash
    Wagyu ribeye and prime Strip from Flora butcher

Last edited by BeastMan; 12-23-2017 at 09:13 PM.

vCash
    Congrats Beast! Glad Momma and Little Beast did well.

We had an app party at a friends tonight. Made my award winning Crawfish Dip. Didn?t get a pic but it is one of my go to?s this time of year. I make a rue, then mix in a can of Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chilies, a can of Cream of Mushroom soup, a little Worcestershire salt and pepper then add crawfish tails. It?s like etouffee on a cracker.

vCash
    Just took my pork tenderloins off to rest after a slow smoke and threw some jerk seasoned bacon wrapped shrimp on to grill. The W Girl is working on corn souffl?, mashed potatoes, and some asparagus to go with it. Merry Christmas fellas!
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 12-24-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Congrats on the baby, Beast. Fatherhood is insane, but amazing. Enjoy the hell out of everything.

Doing my annual Christmas brisket. Local, grass-fed, and dry aged for a few weeks. This year's is right at 10 lbs. I salted it last night and put it on the smoker about an hour ago. Photographic evidence, complete with an obviously staged, but no less legit glass of Knob Creek from last night.

vCash
    Congrats on the new little Bulldog BeastMan! Merry Christmas!

Nothing cooked, but I had a killer pour of Stagg last night.
    Last edited by State82; 12-25-2017 at 08:21 AM.

vCash
    We’re prepping for traditional Christmas dinner at inlaws. At my folks he did a slow roasted filet loin with a balsamic reduction and blue cheese crumbles. All kinds of good sides. I got a signed Jackie Sherrill photo for the man cave but it was quickly downgraded to my second favorite gift. My grandfather lettered in golf and boxing at MSU in the 40s and they framed his collegiate letter from MSU which was a really cool old bulldog logo. He was one hell of a man and bulldog.

Last edited by BeastMan; 12-25-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    The brisket turned out great. Used Cowboy brand "Southern Style" lump (all hickory and oak coal) in the egg with a healthy smattering of pecan and hickory chunks mixed in. Between 13 and 14 hours on the smoker and another hour or two wrapped in foil in an oven at my parents' house. (I was freaking 10 degrees short of done when I had to load the kids up and head out Christmas morning. The damn stall must have lasted forever in the wee morning hours.)