Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our final 2 non conference basketball opponents

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If we had scheduled tougher, we wouldnt be 10-1 right now. Our SEC schedule will get us where we need to be if we win games in conference. The SEC has the 2nd strongest RPI right now.

Save the bitching when we start losing because we have no low post game
    You'd be the leader in roasting Stansbury if he ever scheduled an OOC as bad as 344th. I like Howland but this OOC scheduling can't ever happen again.

vCash
    depends who we beat. We have 8 games vs top 40 RPI teams left. Thats plenty
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You'd be the leader in roasting Stansbury if he ever scheduled an OOC as bad as 344th. I like Howland but this OOC scheduling can't ever happen again.
    Howland is in year 3 and trying to have a winning record. Stands wasnt. A winning record had to happen 1st and foremost. A tougher schedule would have meant more losses because of our weakness and inexperience in the post.

I think we are a 7-11 SEC team and none of this will matter come March

vCash
    Ok, I am game for your rationale from a HC standpoint. You are the HC at end of 2016/2017 season and working in the early summer setting teams to play. Explain the thought process you would use to determine the 2017/2018 scheduling and how that helps develop your team for success over next 2 years 2017/2018 and 2018/2019. I enjoy the nuts and bolts of how decisions are determined. Not looking for a quick response 1 sentence answer. Give plenty of detail.

Banned
    vCash
    We can still be 10-1 and not have the 344th ranked OOC schedule. Schedule teams ranked 80-150 on Kenpom and we'd have a much much better SOS. Fact is Howland has failed to get our NCAA tourney resume ready and has failed to get us ready to compete in the SEC. Auburn, aTm, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama are all going to skull**** us. We have zero shot vs those teams because Howland hasn't spent the last two months getting us ready to play them. He's been babying our players like always and it doesn't do them any good. It's not complicated. Howland babies his players and that includes lying to them about how good they are by scheduling a joke OOC schedule so they can be 12-1 headed into the SEC gauntlet. When you baby players you get spoiled brats like Newman, Kegler, Peters, Eli and Singleton. You also get players that don't improve one bit like Herard. I keep telling y'all this but to get the best outta your team you have to be the type of personality that they don't really like you all the time. Nobody likes their strength coach while they are lifting weights. You aren't supposed to. Until Howland can get a little more Bobby Knight in him we are just going to be walking through the motions in basketball.

vCash
    We can still be 10-1 and not have the 344th ranked OOC schedule. Schedule teams ranked 80-150 on Kenpom and we'd have a much much better SOS. Fact is Howland has failed to get our NCAA tourney resume ready and has failed to get us ready to compete in the SEC. Auburn, aTm, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama are all going to skull**** us. We have zero shot vs those teams because Howland hasn't spent the last two months getting us ready to play them. He's been babying our players like always and it doesn't do them any good. It's not complicated. Howland babies his players and that includes lying to them about how good they are by scheduling a joke OOC schedule so they can be 12-1 headed into the SEC gauntlet. When you baby players you get spoiled brats like Newman, Kegler, Peters, Eli and Singleton. You also get players that don't improve one bit like Herard. I keep telling y'all this but to get the best outta your team you have to be the type of personality that they don't really like you all the time. Nobody likes their strength coach while they are lifting weights. You aren't supposed to. Until Howland can get a little more Bobby Knight in him we are just going to be walking through the motions in basketball.
    That's just damn 17'n dumb!!!! I don't call posters out hardly ever but this statement Dawg61 is nothing but foolish.

I expect a split with Auby, Arky, UT, Mizzou & Bama, which is 5-5 but even if we go 4-6 against these 5, that not a SKULL****. Throw in the TCUN & Vandy games (3-1 or 4-0) and you're looking at 8 SEC wins. Not that impressed with UGA and LSU, that could be 2 more. We're not the SKULL**** fodder we've been the last 5+ years.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    That's just damn 17'n dumb!!!! I don't call posters out hardly ever but this statement Dawg61 is nothing but foolish.

I expect a split with Auby, Arky, UT, Mizzou & Bama, which is 5-5 but even if we go 4-6 against these 5, that not a SKULL****. Throw in the TCUN & Vandy games (3-1 or 4-0) and you're looking at 8 SEC wins. Not that impressed with UGA and LSU, that could be 2 more. We're not the SKULL**** fodder we've been the last 5+ years.
    Bookmark my post. We won't get 1 win vs those seven teams and it's because Howland hasn't prepared us to play them.

vCash
    Bookmark my post. We won't get 1 win vs those seven teams and it's because Howland hasn't prepared us to play them.

Ohhhhh- we need a bet like Cowbell9 and I had back in 2006. Loser wears a dress into the Hump. (I let him out of it for a case of beer tho)

vCash
    Dawg61 not sounding like himself -- I think he's been hacked.

We start out hosting Arky before going on the road to Oxford. I can easily see us 2-0 before we head down to Gainesville that brings us back to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Ohhhhh- we need a bet like Cowbell9 and I had back in 2006. Loser wears a dress into the Hump. (I let him out of it for a case of beer tho)
    Totally unacceptable we didn?t schedule at least 1 or 2 roads BEFORE we
    we showed up in Cinny!

vCash

We start out hosting Arky before going on the road to Oxford. I can easily see us 2-0 before we head down to Gainesville that brings us back to reality.
    If you put any credence in ESPN FPI, we are more likely to be 0-2 than 2-0. We are predicted to lose both by about 60%

Banned
    vCash

I got your dress picked out. We won't win one single game vs those 7 teams I listed.

vCash
    Dawg61 is right for 1 time in his life. This basketball team is still very bad.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Dawg61 is right for 1 time in his life. This basketball team is still very bad.

vCash
    Reality will hit just how bad we are about 2 games into the conference schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    If you've paid attention year to date, you're in for a rude awakening. and the sad thing that will be evident is that when compared to our SEC suckdom will in no way mirror our crooting ratings. what I'm seeing thus far is the biggest waste of hoops talent that's been seen in a while.
    This response is what I was referring to the other day when I made that thread titled ?It all makes sense now?. I get it, it?s bad to watch, but it?s effective. We?re an ugly, grind it out, defensive team but we will be solid. We will finish top half of SEC this year and then will compete for the overall SEC championship next year, watch.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    We will finish top half of SEC this year and then will compete for the overall SEC championship next year, watch.

vCash
    We’ll see

Banned
    vCash
    It makes no sense to bitch about the OOC schedule when you also think we'll suck real hard during SEC play.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    It makes no sense to bitch about the OOC schedule when you also think we'll suck real hard during SEC play.
    The purpose of the OOC schedule is to get you prepared to play the SEC schedule and to get your resume right for the NCAA tourney. You don't get better when you don't challenge yourself.