Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our final 2 non conference basketball opponents

vCash

Our final 2 non conference basketball opponents

got beat today by a combined 105 points. Nice schedule Ben.

vCash
    It sucks every day I check the sec scoreboard that I see interesting games being played by sec teams considering who we play. Our schedule is an abomination

vCash
    And the one team we played that did have a pulse, we got bombed. Not good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    And the one team we played that did have a pulse, we got bombed. Not good.
    We have beaten one very solid team in SFA.

vCash
    I’ve lost interest in MSU basketball, as has a large chunk of our fan base. It’s sucked so long it’s hard to really care anymore.

Banned
    vCash
    When you're able to pull off an 8 plus minute stretch with no bucket against little rock, I'd say this OOC schedule was a good fit.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We have beaten one very solid team in SFA.
    I've watched SFA three times this year. They are legit. If you put them in the SEC this year I think they win around 8-9 games. Kevon Harris for them can really play and he's only a sophomore. Wish Howland could get him to transfer here he'd start for us.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...8/kevon-harris

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    SFA beat LSU at LSU and lost to Mizzou at Mizzou by only 1. I'd say that SFA has a pulse and will make the tourney this year.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I?ve lost interest in MSU basketball, as has a large chunk of our fan base. It?s sucked so long it?s hard to really care anymore.
    I realize our schedule is weak, but can we hold off on the Chicken Little bullshit until we're losing games to teams other than ranked ones playing at home on a 30+ game home win streak? We're 8-1 for ****'s sake and we're barely though 1/3 of the season.

And we get it already. Most of you are fair weather fans and our team doesn't deserve your attention until we're in the Final Four. No need to keep saying it.

vCash
    Delete

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I realize our schedule is weak, but can we hold off on the Chicken Little bullshit until we're losing games to teams other than ranked ones playing at home on a 30+ game home win streak? We're 8-1 for ****'s sake and we're barely though 1/3 of the season.

And we get it already. Most of you are fair weather fans and our team doesn't deserve your attention until we're in the Final Four. No need to keep saying it.
    If you've paid attention year to date, you're in for a rude awakening. and the sad thing that will be evident is that when compared to our SEC suckdom will in no way mirror our crooting ratings. what I'm seeing thus far is the biggest waste of hoops talent that's been seen in a while.

vCash
    When has our OOC schedule ever been strong? 1-2 years under Stans we went and got our asses kicked in the Bahamas or NY - resulting in our players fighting in the stands. I remember at least 3 seasons our shitty OOC schedule (or shitty losses during our OOC) kept us out of the NCAAs.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    If you've paid attention year to date, you're in for a rude awakening. and the sad thing that will be evident is that when compared to our SEC suckdom will in no way mirror our crooting ratings. what I'm seeing thus far is the biggest waste of hoops talent that's been seen in a while.
    You keep focusing on our offense and our struggle to shoot but completely ignore we are a top 15 team in the country on defense. We have made massive improvements in defense this year with the additions of Nick and Ado. Top 15 outta 350 teams. We are number 5 in the country in least fouls. That might sound like a stupid stat but it's really not. We play great defense without fouling. That's pretty rare. I haven't looked but I doubt any of those other top 15 defensive teams are also top 5-10 in least fouls.

Our schedule is a disaster though and really unacceptable by Howland. I kinda use Tennessee as a barometer for where MSU and Howland should be at minimum comparable to right now. They have a very similar situation to us going on in basketball. They got a new coach same time we did. Both teams had shit rosters when the new coach came in. Both hired established veteran coaches with big names. Both schools have been around .500% first two years but now that we are in year 3 they have stepped up with their scheduling and our ranked 21 right now. They have played Villanova, NC State, Purdue, North Carolina, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest OOC. We have played Cincinnati and SF Austin. Howland's OOC scheduling must get way way better moving forward. No excuses.
    Last edited by Dawg61; 12-23-2017 at 12:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You keep focusing on our offense and our struggle to shoot but completely ignore we are a top 15 team in the country on defense. We have made massive improvements in defense this year with the additions of Nick and Ado. Top 15 outta 350 teams. We are number 5 in the country in least fouls. That might sound like a stupid stat but it's really not. We play great defense without fouling. That's pretty rare. I haven't looked but I doubt any of those other top 15 defensive teams are also top 5-10 in least fouls.
    This, and also if our backcourt gets back to the percentages they shot last year, which isn't unreasonable to expect sooner or later, our offense suddenly looks a whole lot better.

But no, we suck because we don't appear to our armchair coaches to play at the level of textbook offensive excellence necessary to have a chance in conference games on the way to 8-1 so far this year. Might as well just mark every game from here out as a loss since we're obviously horrible and have zero chance of improvement.

vCash
    I know one thing that?s a fact. To build championship caliber teams in any sport you build defense first. Fans love offense but defense ultimately is the difference in contenders and pretenders.

vCash
    some you people need to relax more. there is no victory for the rest of us in listening to the daily crusade of finding something wrong with one of our athletic programs. Where does Elite Dawg come in to play?

I know, I know...."its a message board and I can Bitch if I want to....". But really, are there people here who think they know more about scheduling than our HC and Athletic Dept? Kudos to those who have the time to worry about such things.

Just seems the allure to this board is to cause a train wreck or enjoy the carnage. Curious....what percentage of viewers to this board are MSU fans and how many are not?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPDawg View Post
    some you people need to relax more. there is no victory for the rest of us in listening to the daily crusade of finding something wrong with one of our athletic programs. Where does Elite Dawg come in to play?

I know, I know...."its a message board and I can Bitch if I want to....". But really, are there people here who think they know more about scheduling than our HC and Athletic Dept? Kudos to those who have the time to worry about such things.

Just seems the allure to this board is to cause a train wreck or enjoy the carnage. Curious....what percentage of viewers to this board are MSU fans and how many are not?
    Our OOC schedule is ranked 344th. That is unacceptable. People come to elite dawgs to talk MSU sports which mostly means gripping cause we can't do it in our day to day lives talking amongst real life acquaintances. This is our avenue to vent.

vCash
    If we had scheduled tougher, we wouldnt be 10-1 right now. Our SEC schedule will get us where we need to be if we win games in conference. The SEC has the 2nd strongest RPI right now.

Save the bitching when we start losing because we have no low post game
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPDawg View Post

Our RPI is 78. SF Austin is 58 despite 2 losses and the fact that we beat them. That's b/c our schedule is atrocious. Yes, I think I know more about scheduling than our HC b/c this is embarrassing. USM has a 239 RPI and North Florida is 3-10 so it's only going to go down after these next 2 games. Don't forget we also played North GA which counts as an exhibition game for RPI purposes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If we had scheduled tougher, we wouldnt be 10-1 right now. Our SEC schedule will get us where we need to be if we win games in conference. The SEC has the 2nd strongest RPI right now.

Save the bitching when we start losing because we have no low post game
    No, you don't put together this schedule if your goal is the NCAAT. We would have to go 10-8 in the conference to make the NIT.