Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you guys do?

vCash
    Don't make any assumptions. Have a conversation with him. Once you understand his situation, respond accordingly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    If he was in need of a handicap sticker he sure wouldn't have been in an Environment Master's van on the job. It sounds like that was just more convenient for him, and he was lazy and inconsiderate, and could care less of those who actually qualified and deserved that parking space.. I can't stand those types either.
    I agree that it sounds like that's the case, but you can't always tell just by looking. Someone may get out of a car without a limp, but have a heart condition, or a back condition, that prevents them from walking more than a couple hundred feet. More likely, he was being a jerk. I've also known family members of a legitimately handicapped person who use that person's "privilege" when the person's not with them. Doing that is illegal, but often done anyway.

vCash
    Email it to his employer. If he had a legit reason to park there it won't get him in trouble. If not.....

vCash
    Even closer than the handicapped is the striped-off "end cap" of the row, or the marked "no parking" fire lane at the curb. In the last 24 hours I have seen cars - with and without people sitting in them - stopped in those places. People for whom the rules of others simply do not apply when their comfort or convenience is at stake.

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Oprah camped out in the fire lane. Yeah, I'm looking at you, unmanned white Mercedes parked in the end cap. Y'all suck and I hope you get a bag of switches for Christmas.

vCash
    I'm a regular visitor of Disney World, so I've conditioned myself not to try to worry with whether or not people who take advantage of handicapped services are actually handicapped. I feel I'm much better off just letting it go.

Now, these people who park at the front door of a business in the fire lane or across 3-4 spaces should be beaten with a rubber hose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Email it to his employer. If he had a legit reason to park there it won't get him in trouble. If not.....
    YEP, THIS. If he doesn't own the company, and their aren't 17-heads, they will fix the problem for you. If it continues, politely do it again and say that if this is not stopped you will ensure that you or your friends and other companies that need their services will go another route.

vCash
    This is the best. Go over his head. If he’s legit, no trouble. But being in a work van leads me in the other direction.

vCash
    Yep, definitely the best option but attach your photos.

vCash
    This. Let his boss handle the problem and if he doesn’t, out the business on social media.

vCash
    I'd at the least make the employer aware of it.

vCash
    If anyone no matter of age or appearance has a handicap placard they absolutely have a right to park in the handicap space. No placard and not handicapped and park there you are taking away a space for someone who could really use it, and deserve any consequences that come your way.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 12-23-2017 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    As he is a representative of the company he is employed... I would send the photo along with a letter/email to the owner of the company and the HR department. Since he is working, evidently, he has been medically cleared for employment if not them he would not be in a business owned vehicle... Include the fact the person at the gas pumps stated that he does this regularly.... The owner could get the video tapes of the issue.... if needed.

by blocking the pumps and parking illegally he is bring a disgrace upon his company... Would the boss be upset, oh yes.... Because it is a disgrace to HIS business.... Go get him

vCash
    I had a coworker (Korean) who got rear ended in Atlanta. (Insert joke here). It was probably his fault. (Not implying all Asian drivers are bad, snowflakes....I?ve ridden around with him. He?s a bad driver.)

Anyway, it actually jacked up his neck pretty bad to the point of having to have surgery. He had a temporary tag. He got around just fine. He would park in a handicap space even if there was a regular space open right next to it. Really pissed me off when he would do this at places where there was only one or two handicap spaces (like a hotel.)

I wrote it off as he ?wasn?t from ?round here? and didn?t know any better. He acted like it was akin to ?employee of the month? parking. He?s also the jackass that drives 72 in the left lane when the right lane is going 78 and people are continually passing him. Oblivious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    As he is a representative of the company he is employed... I would send the photo along with a letter/email to the owner of the company and the HR department. Since he is working, evidently, he has been medically cleared for employment if not them he would not be in a business owned vehicle... Include the fact the person at the gas pumps stated that he does this regularly.... The owner could get the video tapes of the issue.... if needed.

by blocking the pumps and parking illegally he is bring a disgrace upon his company... Would the boss be upset, oh yes.... Because it is a disgrace to HIS business.... Go get him
    Exactly! Similar to what I posted earlier. If he needed that assistance, then how would he be able to work on heating and cooling units, especially those in an attic? My opinion is that he is just lazy and inconsiderate of others, but only his boss would know the whole story.