Thread: History of Ole Miss Flips

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

History of Ole Miss Flips

Here I am going to include players that have flipped from MSU to Ole Miss & players that were considered heavy MSU leans before eventually signing with Ole Miss.

It more or less appears that Ole Miss does a great job of taking problems & bad players off our hands.

1. Tee Shepherd - Never contributed at Ole Miss
    2. Pat Patterson - Quit team at OM
    3. Brassel - Flunked out
    4. CJ Johnson - Average, replacement level player but played out of position and blew NFL potential
    5. Kailo Moore - sucked and never had impact
    6. Jay Johnson - Never qualified
    7. Armani Linton - Can't get on the field
    8. Tobias Singleton - flunked out
    9. Sean Rawlings - Good player. Grew up an OM fan so his flipping IMO was more legit & with reason.
    10. Tae-Kion Reed - Arrested JUCO

My take on this is not that Ole Miss is some terrible place with terrible coaches, but rather that there is something wrong with kids that flip. There is simply growing evidence that they don't pan out & it is my belief that there is a strong correlation between the personality traits that cause a kid to flip & laziness, being easily influenced, lack a plan in life, poor judgement, lack of leadership, & general flakiness that makes it difficult for kids those kids to thrive in college football & in the classroom.

And FWIW, I don't think these players would have panned out at MSU either. I think it is less about the school they attend & more about the fact they were easily swayed, gave into peer pressure, accepted benefits, etc that caused them to flip. Leo Lewis is really our only flip from them & it will be interesting to see how his career pans out. Right now, I think it could go either way. Robert Elliott also flipped from OM to MSU, but he was injured, so it's not conclusive to me as to how he ended up.

I hope future kids, whether they are committed to MSU or OM, will consider this data before making a decision to flip. Of course though, the kids that would actually consider this data, think things through, etc are the ones that don't typically flip anyway. So in many ways this entire post is preaching to the choir
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-22-2017 at 11:04 AM.