Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: History of Ole Miss Flips

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not even close. We all assumed AJ would go to MSU but he showed very little interest in doing so.

In hindsight, I could actually make an argument that AJ’s defiance and commitment to doing things his way is a positive characteristic for players to reach their ceiling. Especially at his position

Really the kids we are taking about are the ones that were talked into doing something other than what their initial decision was.

AJ was anything but that.
    Ok I gotcha. I figured he was a lean just because he was from Stark, but like I said he's a drama queen and arrogant anyway. He fits right in in up there, there's no doubt about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    CJ and Brasell would be in the NFL had they went to State. I firmly believe that. The rest would’ve done what they did no matter where they went. Snoop needed to get away from SP. Starkville might would’ve been far enough. CJ needed adult guidance and structure. That’s not Ole Miss’s speciality.

I 100% agree with the general premise though. The kids that flip are less resolved in their determinations and are more likely to flake out.
    Absolutley agree. Take the Williams kid from Callaway for example.

That kid could have all-SEC potential, but does he have the family foundation to be successful? Does he have the accountability in his life to go to class, work hard, keep his nose clean?

The kid just pulled an oopty oop on his mother for goodness sakes. What are the odds that he makes it?

I wish the kid well, but he’s got a real uphill climb to be successful.

There is far more variables that decided success other than size, speed, and strength.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigplayslay View Post
    Ok I gotcha. I figured he was a lean just because he was from Stark, but like I said he's a drama queen and arrogant anyway. He fits right in in up there, there's no doubt about that.
    Arrogance is a positive factor in predicting future athletic success. It’s why Malik Heath will be a stud

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Arrogance is a positive factor in predicting future athletic success. It’s why Malik Heath will be a stud
    You are absolutely right. All the greats are good and they know it. AJ seems like a prick which is why he fits in up there haha. Have you seen how some of our defensive guys are loving that Malik Heath is coming? Jonathan Abram on twitter was saying they were gonna have this "special group" in hush mode. I love it because I think it will make our db's better having to go against these guys everyday.

vCash
    You are absolutely right. All the greats are good and they know it. AJ seems like a prick which is why he fits in up there haha. Have you seen how some of our defensive guys are loving that Malik Heath is coming? Jonathan Abram on twitter was saying they were gonna have this "special group" in hush mode. I love it because I think it will make our db's better having to go against these guys everyday.
    Yup

And not to keep picking on James Williams, but does it exude arrogance when you sign with a school for early playing time reasons?

Does it exude arrogance when you allow people to talk you out of your commitment & you don't even tell your mother? Was he ashamed, is that why he didn't tell his mother or level with her?

Just some things to consider.

We'll see soon what Fabian Lovett is made of. His decision will tell us a lot about the kid & what the odds are that he succeeds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    agree on Rawlings flipping. and his success surprises me. he musta worked his ass off to bump all those 4 & 5 star guys to get that starting role. I think his recruitment is testament to how we do things vs how tsun does things. we saw something in the guy while tsun only was looking to splash the stars around to their fan base. in the end, tsun just couldn't handle us signing "one of theirs" and said wtf, we can't let MSU sign him so lets go ahead and offer.

don't hate Rawlings. hope the kid gets paid on Sunday's one day.
    Rawlings ought to kiss Mullen's ass every day. Only one that saw his potential. Offered him early and OM wouldn't look at him. Then they had a guy take the money and run and were left with a spot a couple days before signing day. Then they offer Rawlings. Had State not offered, they wouldn't have had a clue who he was.

That said, I understand his deal, but he still should kiss Mullen's ass.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    AJ Brown hurt pretty bad especially since he's absolutely killing it. Dude is a drama queen for sure but he would've been the best receiver we've had in a long time. I can't remember if he ever actually committed to state but I would consider him a lean
    AJ was never committed to State, and was never going to be, despite many on here saying it was a sure thing.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    I think y'all using arrogance completely incorrectly and it's not even close to the importance of confidence in their ability and the drive to get be the best. Arrogance by definition is an exaggeration or over value of your ability. I know a ton of players in college who were arrogant and sucked and I beat regularly. Mainly because they didn't have real confidence in themselves and/or drive to become better. There are many who are arrogant who succeed because the have the other real traits that allow them to be successful but arrogance by itself doesn't guarantee that at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wmccgc View Post
    Don't know of another school that seems to build their recruiting strategy on flipping players. Seems like their entire sense of satisfaction begins with who they can flip. Even this year, they flip a couple and they're all excited about it. No other school I know of recruits like this. They take pride in ripping people off, and somehow it makes them feel special.
    My impression also. I think it was The Logan guy on Bounds show Wednesday but.... I heard one of their people saying we flipped this guy here and flipped that guy there..... it was as if the value of the recruit was determined by the school from which they flipped the player. There was absolutely no detail of why the kids changed their minds and choose OM....it was all to give the appearance of superiority to the others schools and led the listeners to believe that as well. They are just a bunch of pretentious lying DBs...
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 12-22-2017 at 02:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    AJ was never committed to State, and was never going to be, despite many on here saying it was a sure thing.
    Exactly...he NEVER intended to play for us

vCash
    I believe I remember Rawlings dad, a lawyer I believe, getting outed either on this page or SPS
    for being Shawn’s dad. He was pumping up his boy before he was signed. Nothing at all against
    the boy as I hope he plays on Sundays but...what’s the old saying....10000 lawyers
    at the bottom of the ocean is a good start!

vCash
    That list and what happened to them should tell you all you need to know about what OM is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Some AH coaches with bearshark loyalties (gone now) got to him early and often. Plus a lot of Benjamins

Banned
    vCash
    CJ Johnson and Sean Rawlings are the only ones there that would have made a difference anywhere. Johnson flipped because Hud and Diaz both left. Rawlings' situation is well documented in this thread.

And yes, I know Johnson took money, as do most of the good recruits. He still would have ended up at State had those coaches not left. He'd have been a much better player.

Banned
    vCash
    AJ Brown hurt pretty bad especially since he's absolutely killing it. Dude is a drama queen for sure but he would've been the best receiver we've had in a long time. I can't remember if he ever actually committed to state but I would consider him a lean
    Brown was going to Alabama. Ole Miss simply paid him enough not to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    That's still on Dan. If his Dad came to Dan looking for money Dan should have told him no but should have directed him to a booster that could have accommodated him without Dan "knowing".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    CJ Johnson and Sean Rawlings are the only ones there that would have made a difference anywhere. Johnson flipped because Hud and Diaz both left. Rawlings' situation is well documented in this thread.

And yes, I know Johnson took money, as do most of the good recruits. He still would have ended up at State had those coaches not left. He'd have been a much better player.
    No he wouldn't have. Not with what all OM did to get him.

He, Tunsil, Treadwell, and Little were the base of the ice berg as far as "heppin"