Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Would Like To Send Out A Personal Thank You To Kirby Smart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Dear Kirby,

Thanks bud! I'm not sure how you did it. I'm not sure how you landed the #1 recruiting class in the country with 6 5 star recruits in it, which matches the total of 5 stars signed by all other SEC schools & exceeds that of the Big 10. I'm not sure how you managed to land the #1 QB in the country which in no way fits your offense & will have to sit behind an already entrenched starter Jake Fromm. Again, I have no idea how you pulled this off, but thanks!

See, due to your outstanding work, Alabama, LSU, & Auburn signed a combined 1 5* recruit yesterday. Just 1, &, if you can repeat this performance for a few years in a row, you will dramatically help teams like Mississippi State contend for the SEC West. For anyone that knows much about recruiting & evaluation, you already know the huge difference between teams with legitimate 5* players & teams with a bunch of 4*s. Take guys like Minkah Fitzpatrick, Daron Payne & other 5* recruits off Bama & what do you have? You have a team with really good players running bland, risk averse schemes on both sides of the ball. Yesterday, Alabama finished #5 in recruiting, Auburn 10, & LSU 15. Auburn will likely be fine due to Gus' innovative offense but I believe, due to Alabama & LSU's style of play, they will have significant issues if they don't get elite, 5*, difference making players all over the field. They'll still be really good, but not quite the same. Much more beatable & less overwhelming

Again, yesterday wasn't the end all, be all & it will take another year or 2 of Kirby doing what he did yesterday for it to really impact Bama's roster, but we may look back in 3 years & realize that yesterday was the first crack in the Saban dynasty. There are only so many 5*, elite talents in the country & yesterday Georgia horded them at the expense of Alabama & Auburn.

Thank goodness Georgia is off the schedule for a while & may the Kirbs continue to recruit this way. I'll gladly let UGA whip our ass every 8 years if they'll recruit like this & lower the talent level of Bama, Auburn, & LSU.

Thanks Kirbs!

'Gun
    UGA signing so many 5 stars is destroying college football....***
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Welcome back to the days of Mike Shula.*******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    It's wild. I'm curious how they did it.

I mean, UGA has a dynamite FR QB & managed to sign a higher rated one that doesn't fit UGA's offense.

Additionally, they signed a 5* 99 rated RB & a 98 rated RB while already having Swift on campus who was a 98 rated RB in the 2017 class. How did they get these guys to sign up for this?

I mean at MSU we have 3 star DL flipping to Ole Miss for early playing time yet the 5* RBs & QBs pick UGA when playing time in scarce.

Someone explain to me how they did this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Welcome back to the days of Mike Shula.*******
    Lol ... nice! +1

vCash

I mean, UGA has a dynamite FR QB & managed to sign a higher rated one that doesn't fit UGA's offense.

Additionally, they signed a 5* 99 rated RB & a 98 rated RB while already having Swift on campus who was a 98 rated RB in the 2017 class. How did they get these guys to sign up for this?

I mean at MSU we have 3 star DL flipping to Ole Miss for early playing time yet the 5* RBs & QBs pick UGA when playing time in scarce.

Kirby is obviously the UGA messiah who has returned to lead them to the promised land. At least that is what I am hearing around Alpharetta, GA.

vCash

Same way Bama had done it. Seems Kirby may be responsible for all those recruiting titles Bama owns **

And all this time we were thinking it was Saban doing it.

vCash

You're the problem dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up faster.
    I'm not wishing for anything. I just think we should have higher expectations about our own program instead of hoping everyone else gets worse.

We were ranked #1 in the first playoff poll. Remember? That's not wishing shit for brains, that happened. So, let's do it again.

And if we're going to wish some random program gobbles up all the 5 stars why not root for Ohio State or Notre Dame.....someone we wouldn't face unless we were in the playoff. If Georgia becomes the next Bama it doesn't become any easier to win the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Same way Bama had done it. Seems Kirby may be responsible for all those recruiting titles Bama owns **

And all this time we were thinking it was Saban doing it.
    At least at Bama I could reconcile this due to Saban's coaching and development, but Kirby hasn't proved himself in that way yet.

Just amazing to me how many elite guys they signed that have virtually no chance of playing early in their career. LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoToHellOleMiss View Post
    I'm not wishing for anything. I just think we should have higher expectations about our own program instead of hoping everyone else gets worse.

We were ranked #1 in the first playoff poll. Remember? That's not wishing shit for brains, that happened. So, let's do it again.

And if we're going to wish some random program gobbles up all the 5 stars why not root for Ohio State or Notre Dame.....someone we wouldn't face unless we were in the playoff. If Georgia becomes the next Bama it doesn't become any easier to win the SEC.
    Agree completely with everything you said.

I also hope that Ohio State & Notre Dame can start taking these guys, but, if not, UGA is a good choice that helps us.

vCash

1) GA is/has been a hotbed of talent...
    2) Kirby is a really good recruiter...
    3) It's "The Process 2.0", possibly...

No.

vCash
    Folks take recruiting rankings wayyyy to seriously

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I hate the entire recruiting bullshit but the recruiting rankings are definitely an indicator of future success. Hugh Freeze was able to take Ole Miss to the Peach Bowl and Sugar Bowl with the high level talent that he was able to buy. There are straight up misses in recruiting like Jon Banks or Benardrick McKinney getting 2 stars but more times than not, 5 star recruits are extremely successful. Just look at Simmons on our team and you will see what getting high rated recruits does for your team. You might be able to take someone like Nick Fitz and develop him but those cases are getting rarer to find.

If Nick Saban has a team of 2 and 3 stars then he won't compete on average against teams of 4 and 5 stars. This year against Bama, we had more 4 stars and Simmons as a 5 star than we probably ever had in the 9 years of Mullen's tenure. Saban is extremely successful and part of the reason is his 2nd string are as high rated as most other teams' starters. Therefore when we rotate in our 3 star players, Bama still has 4 and 5 star guys.

vCash
    How about we get better instead of hoping everyone else gets worse. How about we up our recruiting game and sign some 5 stars ourselves.
    I agree with you. We don't need to be praising other SEC teams recruiting. We need to up our recruiting game also, and I think we will once Coach Moorhead gets fully established here.
    Last edited by NCDawg; 12-21-2017 at 02:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    yeah, there are no stats to prove that the teams that recruit the best win championships or anything************

vCash
    I hate the entire recruiting bullshit but the recruiting rankings are definitely an indicator of future success. Hugh Freeze was able to take Ole Miss to the Peach Bowl and Sugar Bowl with the high level talent that he was able to buy. There are straight up misses in recruiting like Jon Banks or Benardrick McKinney getting 2 stars but more times than not, 5 star recruits are extremely successful. Just look at Simmons on our team and you will see what getting high rated recruits does for your team. You might be able to take someone like Nick Fitz and develop him but those cases are getting rarer to find.

If Nick Saban has a team of 2 and 3 stars then he won't compete on average against teams of 4 and 5 stars. This year against Bama, we had more 4 stars and Simmons as a 5 star than we probably ever had in the 9 years of Mullen's tenure. Saban is extremely successful and part of the reason is his 2nd string are as high rated as most other teams' starters. Therefore when we rotate in our 3 star players, Bama still has 4 and 5 star guys.
    This is a lot correct.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    yeah, there are no stats to prove that the teams that recruit the best win championships or anything************
    It takes players, but it also takes coaching.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

Yes, we should just recruit more 5 stars. Why has no one else thought of that? Hey shit for brains, if we just sign more five stars we will just have a 5 year investigation which culminates with a 2 year bowl ban and double digit scholarship reductions. We can recruit marginally better than we have been by not losing obvious targets we should not miss in our state due to complete laziness by our staff. When we start driving 120 in a 60 and signing a bunch of 5 stars in other people’s back yard we will get put in our place, the same way OM did. But hey we can always try it your way. By the way, we went to #1 by having a great qb with a bunch of mid level sec talent around him, not recruiting more 5 stars like you want to do.
    Last edited by Jarius; 12-21-2017 at 03:42 PM.

vCash
    It seems like Clemson had a average ranking of around 15 with the team that won the National Title. If you can average around that then you can compete with just about anyone.
    The only teams to win a natty in the crootin rankings era with an average crootin class outside the top 10 in the 4-5 years leading up to the natty are Clemson and auburn. Both had transcendent QBs and at least 1 top 10 class still in the program and their average ranking was still like 11th or 12th over the years preceding their natty. Oregon is the only other program to even play for a natty with similar recruiting numbers, and they had a revolutionary coach in 2010 and a transcendent QB in 2014, and they had no top 10 classes on campus for either of those years.

So basically, if you wanna play for a natty without landing top 10 classes most years, then you need to be just outside the top 10 with a revolutionary coach and/or a transcendent QB. If our crootin leading up to 2014 had averaged around 10-15 instead of ~30 in the previous 4 cycles combined with dak, then we probably have a shot that season. Instead we just kinda ran out of gas and didn?t have the depth to keep it going all season.

Banned
    vCash
    Welp...we had a good run. UGA had a good recruiting class, so we are as good as done. Saban really sucks and needs to give his rings to Smart. You guys have the formula figured out.

Lol!!! This thread is killing me!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    Welp...we had a good run. UGA had a good recruiting class, so we are as good as done. Saban really sucks and needs to give his rings to Smart. You guys have the formula figured out.

Lol!!! This thread is killing me!!!
    Nobody said you were done & that we have it figured out.

However, Georgia taking recruits that otherwise might have gone to Auburn or Alabama is good for MSU. You do realize that everyone in the West hopes you guys take a step back right?

Why are you so insecure that you feel the need to come to an MSU message board to defend Bama?

Do we come to Bama message boards to defend MSU?