Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Basketball vs Little Rock game thread

vCash
    I was watching the replay last night. Stayed away from looking for the score....etc. Wanted to watch not knowing.

I pull up SECN + and start watching. Little Rock 3-9--- MSU 9-1. First half ends, watch Matt and as the 2nd half begins I noticed a change. Little Rock 3-10 .. MSU 10-1!

Did not even have to watch the 2nd half!

Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Datcher has been totally absent since turning his ankle. Whenever he can recover from a twisted ankle and contribute again he needs minutes. Might be a career ending ankle twist though based on how little Howland has played him in the last 3 weeks.
    I talked to EJ after the game on Saturday and asked about his ankle thinking that was why he didn't play...He told me his ankle was 100% good to go.
    I didn't inquire further as I avoid issues that may involve anything other than on court performance. Not sure if he is a victim of a tightening of the rotation, but that doesn't make much sense given how he was playing prior to the ankle injury. I suppose it should be noted that Howland has a history of being very conservative bringing back players after injuries, so that may be all there is to it.

Banned
    vCash
    Datcher isn't in the top 8 in rotation. Neither is Herard so they aren't seeing minutes as we gear up for SEC play. If those two want to play more they need to figure out how to be big dudes on the court not just off the court. Herard is a total wtf to me. I can't imagine being that damn big and not wanting to rip down the rim every second you're on the court.

vCash
    Datcher isn't in the top 8 in rotation. Neither is Herard so they aren't seeing minutes as we gear up for SEC play. If those two want to play more they need to figure out how to be big dudes on the court not just off the court. Herard is a total wtf to me. I can't imagine being that damn big and not wanting to rip down the rim every second you're on the court.
    Herard has no instinct on rebounding. If He would just defend and rebound that would be great. He should get 6-8 points a game on offensive rebounding. wish LRob could teach him.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Herard has no instinct on rebounding. If He would just defend and rebound that would be great. He should get 6-8 points a game on offensive rebounding. wish LRob could teach him.
    We can nitpick Herard's game all day but really it boils down to his personality. He's just too damn nice for a guy that must rely solely on his size to be effective. He can't dribble, pass or shoot so that means he has almost zero skill. His skill is his size and he's too damn nice to use it effectively. Herard is probably a great person with tremendous character off the court but we need him to beat the shit outta guys on the court and he doesn't understand that. Get your big ass on the block and refuse to move. Push others off that spot and rip the ****ing rim down on every rebound. It's really that simple. Stand a foot from the basket and kill everything that comes close to you. Until he learns that he's just going to be a horrible basketball player. It's like Shaq trying to be a pretty little flower while playing basketball. Doesn't work.

vCash
    We can nitpick Herard's game all day but really it boils down to his personality. He's just too damn nice for a guy that must rely solely on his size to be effective. He can't dribble, pass or shoot so that means he has almost zero skill. His skill is his size and he's too damn nice to use it effectively. Herard is probably a great person with tremendous character off the court but we need him to beat the shit outta guys on the court and he doesn't understand that. Get your big ass on the block and refuse to move. Push others off that spot and rip the ****ing rim down on every rebound. It's really that simple. Stand a foot from the basket and kill everything that comes close to you. Until he learns that he's just going to be a horrible basketball player. It's like Shaq trying to be a pretty little flower while playing basketball. Doesn't work.
    I've said it before but he also seems very anxious a lot of the time, especially when he's near the ball. Might not be as clumsy if he can figure out how to get that under control.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I've said it before but he also seems very anxious a lot of the time, especially when he's near the ball. Might not be as clumsy if he can figure out how to get that under control.
    Yea he's anxious cause he's afraid to **** up and that's on Howland cause he hasn't effectively taught Herard what he's good at doing. Being huge. Be 6'11. REBOUND/DUNK/BLOCK SHOTS. That's it.

vCash
    as many shots as we miss, Herard has several chances for put backs.He could just work on tip ins.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    as many shots as we miss, Herard has several chances for put backs.He could just work on tip ins.
    If only he was smart enough to realize all he has to do is stand a foot from the basket at all times and dunk everything that comes off the rim.