Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Basketball vs Little Rock game thread

vCash
    This is a very bad team we are playng,lost by 40 to bradley.Our offense has to improve if we are going to be decent in sc play.

Banned
    vCash
    Good lord just give him a flagrant instead of wasting five minutes here reviewing it

vCash
    I'd like to see a little more of Feazell. Appears to be our most skilled big guy in very limited minutes.

vCash
    Final 64-48.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I'd like to see a little more of Feazell. Appears to be our most skilled big guy in very limited minutes.
    Feazell and Singleton both deserve more minutes

vCash
    Saw some things I liked tonight, but blanking out for extended minutes(especially in the first half) has me puzzled. I keep thinking we are gonna get our shooting back to a reasonable level, but it has been one or two guys that shoot well for a game. Q and Holman have been the only ones to even remotely play consistent from game to game.

I hope we are just playing down to the level of competition and these guys find their shot soon!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Feazell and Singleton both deserve more minutes
    Singleton? I see you keep saying this so I guess you are serious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Damn. Must be talented.
    Search Hunter Lott on YouTube. I've been meaning to post a link on here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Might have to cut out Herard and Datcher and just go with Ado-Holman-Feazell in the post. Holman can play the 5 in small stretches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATTILLA THE DOG View Post
    This is a very bad team we are playng,lost by 40 to bradley.Our offense has to improve if we are going to be decent in sc play.
    I know, I had MSU -21 so that one hurt. Atrocious 3 point and FT shooting cost us. And then we brought in our scrubs kind of early.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I know, I had MSU -21 so that one hurt. Atrocious 3 point and FT shooting cost us. And then we brought in our scrubs kind of early.
    5-25 on your home court isn't atrocious it is worse. 55% FT shooting is just plain unacceptable. Can someone please explain what the overall offensive concept of this team is? I mean besides going bombs away from 3 point land.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    5-25 on your home court isn't atrocious it is worse. 55% FT shooting is just plain unacceptable. Can someone please explain what the overall offensive concept of this team is? I mean besides going bombs away from 3 point land.
    they had a blunt party prior to the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    It's a motion offense...problem is that the players go through the first set and if they don't get a shot, they stop moving instead of following the progression they go over in practice. I bet Howland yells "MOVE!" at them 600 times a game! Another problem is that we aren't very good with our ball screens...the timing and spacing don't look right to me which causes the play to break down and players to be out of position.

Of course, that's my read and if I really knew what I was talking about, I would be getting paid millions of dollars to coach somewhere. Ha!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Singleton? I see you keep saying this so I guess you are serious.
    Watch him when he plays. He deserves more than 2 minutes a game. Any minutes he gets over Herard is a plus right now. Both him and Feazell. Until Herard can learn to play like a 6'11 guy.

Banned
    vCash
    Howland only played 8 guys more than ten minutes tonight so y'all can chill on the constant bitching of playing too many dudes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    It's a motion offense...problem is that the players go through the first set and if they don't get a shot, they stop moving instead of following the progression they go over in practice. I bet Howland yells "MOVE!" at them 600 times a game! Another problem is that we aren't very good with our ball screens...the timing and spacing don't look right to me which causes the play to break down and players to be out of position.

Of course, that's my read and if I really knew what I was talking about, I would be getting paid millions of dollars to coach somewhere. Ha!
    It's a motion offense all right... We go through the motions of saying we have an offense. What we really have isn't even street ball. It's run down the court and throw up a shit shot.

vCash
    Feazell thinks quick in a zone. Makes fast decisions. We need to get him more minutes because he seems like the only one smart enough to consistently position himself to bust a zone.

No one else can do it or is willing to do it. We either jack up a contested 3, turn the ball over, or make an ill advised drive to the basket.

vCash
    A couple weeks ago, everyone wanted ado and datcher in the post. Now everyone seems to want ado and feazell. This tells me maybe we do need to keep playing these guys until the competition does not allow us to anymore

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    A couple weeks ago, everyone wanted ado and datcher in the post. Now everyone seems to want ado and feazell. This tells me maybe we do need to keep playing these guys until the competition does not allow us to anymore
    Datcher has been totally absent since turning his ankle. Whenever he can recover from a twisted ankle and contribute again he needs minutes. Might be a career ending ankle twist though based on how little Howland has played him in the last 3 weeks.