Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for the record, Sonny Dykes is coaching SMU tonight in the bowl game

vCash

Just for the record, Sonny Dykes is coaching SMU tonight in the bowl game

after taking the job a week ago and it's also the same day as signing day. This post is for all those people that said Moorhead couldn't coach us in our bowl game.

vCash
    Personally think his time was better spent locking down this recruiting class. Plan on being at bowl game regardless.

vCash
    Today's results tell me Coach made the right choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    after taking the job a week ago and it's also the same day as signing day. This post is for all those people that said Moorhead couldn't coach us in our bowl game.
    Well, we appreciate that and we would like to tell you that we feel that our coach did the right thing and that idiot you?re watching on TV is an idiot. Have a nice day!! 😁😁😁
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Sonny was at TCU before taking the SMU gig. He already knows his recruiting territory. He already has contacts in Texas. Coach Joe defining his recruiting territory, especially in state, and developing relationships with high school coaches will reap big rewards next year.

vCash
    ...and how did they fare in recruiting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    ...and how did they fare in recruiting?

74th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Today's results tell me Coach made the right choice.
    He could have done that anyway. Peterson, Austin and Gibson locked down this class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    74th
    Well, they're SMU. About what's expected.

vCash
    21-3 Sonny getting his ass handed to him. How is that working out for Ole Sonny boy?

vCash
    Well, they're SMU. About what's expected.
    80th in 2017
    75th in 2016

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    21-3 Sonny getting his ass handed to him. How is that working out for Ole Sonny boy?
    Yeah, that's totally irrelevant and Sonny has had 5 practices with the team.

vCash
    Not many coaches taking over ever coach the bowl game. SMU staff hauled ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Also, Sonny got the job a week ago and is playing on signing day. In his case, I think he should have sat this one out. Our coach was hired 3 weeks ago and we play Dec. 30th. That's a big difference.

Crazy situation on campus in the football offices with basically 2 different staffs working at the same time for a month. My first post was not to debate this topic again, but to simply point out that it does happen at other places. Several of you in this thread and others said what we are doing is standard. And that's simply not true. In fact if Cohen had it to do over, I think he would do it differently and so would Moorhead.

vCash
    Good way to start off the coaching gig.

vCash
    Also, Sonny got the job a week ago and is playing on signing day. In his case, I think he should have sat this one out. Our coach was hired 3 weeks ago and we play Dec. 30th. That's a big difference.

Crazy situation on campus in the football offices with basically 2 different staffs working at the same time for a month. My first post was not to debate this topic again, but to simply point out that it does happen at other places. Several of you in this thread and others said what we are doing is standard. And that's simply not true. In fact if Cohen had it to do over, I think he would do it differently and so would Moorhead.
    Nope!! Don’t believe either one of them would do it differently. Sorry, we are just gonna differ on this topic. And I’m ok with that. Because this side of the argument is the right side.

vCash

I doubt he would change anything. And it's not really two staffs working at the same time- it's Moorhead's staff now. What's left of the Country Club is working on the bowl game for the most part.

And as others have said this doesn't appear to be working out so well for SMU. Unless they're trying to set a Frisco Bowl record for turnovers and points allowed.

The bottom line is our bowl is basically a scrimmage where our guys get to go to Florida and the school gets a bunch of money out of it.

vCash
    Life comes at you fast.

vCash
    Just for sake of conversation, Jimbo and company are busy recruiting at Texas A&M. While the old staff, minus Sumlin are prepping for the bowl. Very awkward situation for a school that specializes in awkward.

Banned
    vCash

You sound stupid. Just let it go.