Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Drama At Calloway

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    There was an article in The Clarion-Ledger Wednesday about Williams flip (what a D...bag word, btw). It is amazing what a big deal this flip was to Bounds and now the CL. However I listened to Bounds podcast (Wednesday hour 2...I think), he had Sammon on the show. Sammon says the CL recruiting reporter said all along Williams commitment to MSU was weird. Williams didnt seem as excited or as talkative about his commitment as most recruits that she encounters.

So my question is did he have an OM offer the whole time? Read the article and if you believe Sammons comments, no reason the kid shouldn?t have decommitted and committed to OM much earlier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    There was an article in The Clarion-Ledger Wednesday about Williams flip (what a D...bag word, btw). It is amazing what a big deal this flip was to Bounds and now the CL. However I listened to Bounds podcast (Wednesday hour 2...I think), he had Sammon on the show. Sammon says the CL recruiting reporter said all along Williams commitment to MSU was weird. Williams didnt seem as excited or as talkative about his commitment as most recruits that she encounters.

So my question is did he have an OM offer the whole time? Read the article and if you believe Sammons comments, no reason the kid shouldn?t have decommitted and committed to OM much earlier.
    Word I'm hearing is our new staff isn't or wasn't as excited as the old staff about the kid, not saying we wouldn't have taken him but the writing was on the wall about OM.

vCash
    It was set up from nearly day one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It was set up from nearly day one.
    It wouldn't surprise me. I will give UM credit on their entire Network and program they run. They not only are buying players out from under us and other big time programs but they do it in a way that generates excitement in their fanbase and occasionally national exposure. The flip side is they also attack MSU and try to push us down so the primary school in MS is them.

If they get a good recruit to commit to MSU and then it pushes other recruits down our board. Then flip them at the last minute so now instead of plan B, we are working on plan D or E. Dan seemed to always get caught at the last minute and then settled for a recruit that would be going to Middle Tenn St or possibly USM. Part of that is to screw over our roster but it also has a psychological impact with our fanbase freaking out and of course the media pumping up UM and downgrading MSU for losing recruits at the last minute.

In the grand scheme of the Network, it seems like they are trying to mimic states like Tennessee and Georgia where everyone wants to go to UGA and then GA Tech settles for the scraps. They were building toward that if they could continue to buy top 5 classes. Mullen developing a good team, having a legend in maroon in Dak, and the NCAA investigation prevented UM from gaining more traction on this than what they wanted.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me. I will give UM credit on their entire Network and program they run. They not only are buying players out from under us and other big time programs but they do it in a way that generates excitement in their fanbase and occasionally national exposure. The flip side is they also attack MSU and try to push us down so the primary school in MS is them.

If they get a good recruit to commit to MSU and then it pushes other recruits down our board. Then flip them at the last minute so now instead of plan B, we are working on plan D or E. Dan seemed to always get caught at the last minute and then settled for a recruit that would be going to Middle Tenn St or possibly USM. Part of that is to screw over our roster but it also has a psychological impact with our fanbase freaking out and of course the media pumping up UM and downgrading MSU for losing recruits at the last minute.

In the grand scheme of the Network, it seems like they are trying to mimic states like Tennessee and Georgia where everyone wants to go to UGA and then GA Tech settles for the scraps. They were building toward that if they could continue to buy top 5 classes. Mullen developing a good team, having a legend in maroon in Dak, and the NCAA investigation prevented UM from gaining more traction on this than what they wanted.
    agree. and I hope JOMO catches on to this and reacts accordingly. and they wonder why we call them "SCUM".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    agree. and I hope JOMO catches on to this and reacts accordingly. and they wonder why we call them "SCUM".
    It seems like 3 things screwed their plans up. 1. We hired a competent Head Coach and he built a solid foundation of going to bowls. Our team is built on hard work and isn't just some flash in the pan. 2. They tried to buy too much too quick and it threw up all kind of red flags. If they had just bought lil Kim then it wouldn't have been as big of a deal. He at least had a brother on the team so there was some type of connection. 3. Dak elevated our team up to #1 and took away from their positive media spin. Any other previous QB in MSU history probably wins 7-8 games in 2014 and then UM is the talk of ESPN. Dak is going to be the face of our football program going forward and that has put a damper on the UM media spin machine.

We have to keep the momentum going with Coach Moorhead. We can't afford to take a step back especially since UM will probably open up the flood gates again after the light slap on the wrist. If Coach JoeMo can win 9 or so games and have Fitz in the Heisman race then we can take another step forward. I really hoped UM would get hammered hard enough that we could become the true Alpha dog in the state but it seems we are always fighting neck in neck. In reality, neither of us will get that far ahead unless UM goes completely crazy and does something that gets the Death Penalty and maybe kicked out of the SEC.

Banned
    vCash
    the tobacco money is still there and a shit load made it into their investigation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    the tobacco money is still there and a shit load made it into their investigation.
    I've said all along the the Culture of Corruption had no problem buying a judge , you think they blink twice at paying an 18yr old to play football?

I mean Brett Micheal's was in the in home with Corral. I didn't see pics of him there when Mullen, the coach he was committed to at the time, was there. Rent a celebrity, probably.

And that white BMW convertable Luke and Longo drove to his house, wonder if it will be on the campus this spring?
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I've said all along the the Culture of Corruption had no problem buying a judge , you think they blink twice at paying an 18yr old to play football?

I mean Brett Micheal's was in the in home with Corral. I didn't see pics of him there when Mullen, the coach he was committed to at the time, was there. Rent a celebrity, probably.

And that white BMW convertable Luke and Longo drove to his house, wonder if it will be on the campus this spring?
    There is some kind of big time Entertainment lawyer or PR guy who is a big UM supporter. He is the person that gets all the celebrities to start the Hotty Toddy cheer before football games. I don't know why a 18 year old kid would care if Brett Micheal's came with him though. It would be different if it was a hot chick but that was probably after the coach left, passing in the driveway. Luke probably just met the "lady for the evening" in the parking lot and made the payment. The chick probably was their closer because who would listen to Luke about your future.

vCash
    There is some kind of big time Entertainment lawyer or PR guy who is a big UM supporter. He is the person that gets all the celebrities to start the Hotty Toddy cheer before football games. I don't know why a 18 year old kid would care if Brett Micheal's came with him though. It would be different if it was a hot chick but that was probably after the coach left, passing in the driveway. Luke probably just met the "lady for the evening" in the parking lot and made the payment. The chick probably was their closer because who would listen to Luke about your future.
    The kid was maybe a Poison fan. Who knows?

But you would think if Bret was gonna be there for an in home as a friend of the family, (which there has never been one article saying he was), who would he be there for?

Dak, Smith, Tebow, and Newton's former coach, or Matt F'ing Luke who he had never heard of?
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Don?t throw shade on Brett, he was a pretty hot chick himself back in the day.

vCash
    Momma was not and is not happy with the out come of this.
    This was done shady and in the final hours.
    Of course OM will spin how ever they want it to sound.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Can she do anything about it?

As we talked about in the other thread though, these types of things say a whole lot more about the kid than they do about the school they flipped from.

Statistically, Williams just doomed his career to garbage & Ole Miss probably just took a problem off our hands no matter how talented he may be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    The LOI has to be signed by one of the parents or a guardian correct?

vCash
    People scared to do what the rest of the conference is doing better be happy with 7 wins a year.

vCash
    People scared to do what the rest of the conference is doing better be happy with 7 wins a year.
    We are averaging more than per year doing what we have been for the last 8 years. 8.25 wins for the last 4 years.

vCash
    So you are okay with institutional cheating? What does that say about you as a person?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    So you are okay with institutional cheating? What does that say about you as a person?
    What does it say about you since you are ok driving 5-10 mph over the speed limit everyday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What does it say about you since you are ok driving 5-10 mph over the speed limit everyday?
    t always ending up costing me.
    Just like the Will Redmond affair, nothing to it, not much, but we lost the services of a very good player for a season and half , and we are still under the repeat offender status until June.
    Please don't tell me that getting caught cheating does't cost you! People say Mississippi got off with a slap on the hand, well just look at their 2017 & 2018 recruiting classes. Those classes will set them back for years.
    Do we want as PROUD MSU Alums want the same publicity that Mississippi has endured through their ordeal? I think not!
    Just how I feel about it. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    t always ending up costing me.
    Just like the Will Redmond affair, nothing to it, not much, but we lost the services of a very good player for a season and half , and we are still under the repeat offender status until June.
    Please don't tell me that getting caught cheating does't cost you! People say Mississippi got off with a slap on the hand, well just look at their 2017 & 2018 recruiting classes. Those classes will set them back for years.
    Do we want as PROUD MSU Alums want the same publicity that Mississippi has endured through their ordeal? I think not!
    Just how I feel about it. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.
    Fair enough.

I don’t believe in cheating, but I also believe that MSU must do what’s necessary to protect itself and to do that requires a leveling of the playing field.

I just don’t want money to matter in recruiting, but, if another school is paying and we are not, that makes money matter.

There is a major difference imo between buying players and just canceling out those that are trying to buy players by leveling the playing field.