Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Atlanta Hartsfield airport shut down

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Why do they not just let them off the damn plane. No idea why they must stay on the plane.
    I don't think you've really thought this one through. There would have to be a state of emergency declaration to do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I've got 2 friends on a flight there. They've been stuck on the runway for 4 hours already, and were just informed it will be at least another 6 hours.....****. That. Noise.
    At some point you have to consider pulling the emergency exit to GTFO. Under no circumstances should they keep you in a plane on the ground for 10 hours. The airport is closed. Planes aren?t moving. Just let everybody out and walk them out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Local NBC news in ATL reporting that GA Power says power will be restored by midnight.
    It seems really odd that the busiest airport in the world can be without power for 8+ hours and they say they ?think? a fire caused the problem.

vCash

Damn, I?ve had some bad trips but this situation is BAD! Honestly,

I?ve had more bad experiences at Hartsfield than anywhere else! I avoid it if I can!
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    It seems really odd that the busiest airport in the world can be without power for 8+ hours and they say they ?think? a fire caused the problem.
    Yeah. What happened to isolate back up generators? This might be another snowmaggedon type WTF, but time will tell. I’m sure the FAA and about 10 other agencies will be there soon asking questions.

vCash
    Heading West now! After 5 hours on the tarmac, 30 min in customs, 1 hour waiting for information on luggage, and 1 hour wait to just get to the rental car center,,,,hitting I-20 W. In the international terminal, 1000’s wondering in a mass sea of humanity. It was a horror show! Power was on but no one knew nothing. Power was on, but there was no cell signal when you got inside. The only thing I know is that my luggage is still on the plane and I’m mobile towards home. Just do this again Tuesday.

vCash
    Someone or someone?s gonna be unemployed over this. This was a total screw up.