Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK old farts, like myself

vCash
    Pro I loved “The MAD STORK”...aka Ted Hendricks / Baltimore Colts
    Best trash statement never verified but had to be incredible was Johnnie Cooks walking up and whispering a sweet nothing in the ear of the Miami Hurricane long snapper.....then watch it sail over the north end zone fence IF I remember correctly.....been a long time but still one of the GREATEST DOG game ever played......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Best nickname, hands down, is the Chinese Bandits at LSU in the 50's. The band still plays their fanfare on every LSU defensive stop. So it still lives today. Great tradition
    I'm sure that would offend some today. The Bandits and the Chinese/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And Tommy Nobis just died a few weeks ago.
    It was actually just a couple of days ago. I can?t speak highly enough of Nobis. Selfless man who used his connection with the Falcons to enhance 1000s of lives thru the Tommy Nobis Center in Marietta doing job training and job placement for people with disabilities. Started it back in the mid 70s, and is still doing great things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Best defensive nicknames from the 60/70s. Extra points by naming the players.

You have:

1. Doomsday I. from 69-73
    1a. Doomsday II, from 75 on
    2. The Purple People Eaters
    3. The Fearsome Foursome/
    4. The Steel Curtain.

Mine is Doomsday 1. What they did to Bob Griese in the Super Bowl should be illegal. Bo Lilly, Jethro Pugh, George Andre and Larry Cole. If they would've had an Offense in 1970 they would've beaten the Colts also. Dam you Craig Morton
    Don't know his nickname but Dick Butkus was as tough as they have ever come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the59dawg View Post
    Don't know his nickname but Dick Butkus was as tough as they have ever come.
    Monsters of the Midway