Thread: Chris Maloney to manage the Mississippi Braves in 2018

vCash

Chris Maloney to manage the Mississippi Braves in 2018

That's pretty ironic since his Dad sold out on the city on the Generals and then said that Jackson couldn't support a AA baseball team. And then the M-Braves replaced Maloney's Jackson Senators.

And before anyone gives me the Jackson City Council's fault fact- Maloney could have moved the team to Pearl, Madison, Clinton, wherever if he wanted to.

Good to have a MSU grad managing my favorite AA team.

vCash
    That's exciting news. Chris and I grew up on the same street in Jackson, and he now lives across the street from my house. He said he had joined the Braves but I did not know in this capacity. For those who don't know Chris was third base coach for the major league Cardinals until this year. Previously before getting to the big show he was the manager of the Memphis Red Birds, the Cards' AAA team, so that is a lot of experience.

vCash
    And before that he coached the Arkansas Travelers for the Cardinals a long time ago and then he went to the Astros for awhile before re-joining the Cardinals. I want to say that he managed their AAA team but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Banned
    vCash
    Are the travelers still the AA team for the cardinals out of little rock? I was at the Mets game when they had that bench clearing with a few fisticuffs. That night Pat Perry approached me and asked if I would take him and 2 players out on the town. Partied. They paid for Crystals in the end. Pat Perry ended up being a middle reliever for the cardinals and cubs for about 5 years. Would be interested to know what's up with him these days.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Are the travelers still the AA team for the cardinals out of little rock? I was at the Mets game when they had that bench clearing with a few fisticuffs. That night Pat Perry approached me and asked if I would take him and 2 players out on the town. Partied. They paid for Crystals in the end. Pat Perry ended up being a middle reliever for the cardinals and cubs for about 5 years. Would be interested to know what's up with him these days.
    Springfield is the AA team for the Cardinals.

vCash
    Hell i'd be selling refrigerators if I was him, way more money.