Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fitz rehab

vCash
    I think his running will be fine as far as speed goes. I think if he has any trouble it would be with worrying about another injury like that happening again. Rehab has come a long way and sports teams typically get the very best and most cutting edge things in that arena. That includes MSU too. I fully expect him to be back at 100% and I feel like it's fully realistic to expect as well.

As far as the passing goes, I think we were going to throw more anyway. We're getting better and taller WR's which means that they are going to have a larger catch radius compared to our previous receivers. That's going to make it a lot easier on Nick.

And if you look at Moorhead's stats at Penn State- where he had an All-American RB, and Fordham his offenses are pretty balanced and most years his offense has more pass attempts than rushes. That leads me to believe that in general he is a little more pass first than Dan typically. Also, his pass routes are based off of the Bill Walsh West Coast Offense (BAD WORD!) but what that means is a lot of horizontal crossing routes that are shorter- which means that they are typically higher percentage throws and easier to complete than what a lot of Dan's routes were. That's going to help Fitz's completion percentage some. Moorhead does have a reputation for throwing the ball downfield though too- and those are also part of the WCO pass route tree as well.

I think the point about having a new WR coach is a good point as well. The other thing is unlike Dan there will probably be a legit competition for the top spots in the rotation as opposed to just starting the upperclassmen. With Dan it would probably have been Jesse Jackson and then one of Guidry, Couch, or Todd. With Moorhead I think we will see all of those guys get reps but we may see more of Whop (hopefully) and Heath and I wouldn't be shocked if they start as well if they earn it.

Let's not forget that our o-line will probably be better because we return pretty much everyone and we have some good running backs too. Aeris can catch the ball pretty well and Hill is extremely talented and I think he will be more of a factor next year as well. Farrod is a really good TE and I think he will have even more of a role as a receiver than he did last year. All of that is going to factor in and help take pressure off of Fitz to where he has enough guys to spread the ball around to and where he doesn't have to be the primary runner for us.

Defense and special teams should be good if not better as well and that will help. Literally the only question mark I have about us is at punter- and we'll probably be fine there too.

vCash
    They put the ankle back in place on the field. He got up with a little help and then hopped to the golf cart. On his way out he gave Ole Miss the California Wave. After half time he came back out to the side lines with the use of crunches and not a knee wheel.

He is one bad ass dude. I have no doubt he will be a runner next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They put the ankle back in place on the field. He got up with a little help and then hopped to the golf cart. On his way out he gave Ole Miss the California Wave. After half time he came back out to the side lines with the use of crunches and not a knee wheel.

This x 1000. Fitz is gonna be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post

Did he have a break? I can't remember

vCash
    If he's in rehab already then he is far enough along to do isolation exercises at least. That is the big thing, he probably hasn't missed squats for over a few weeks since he was 15. 6 weeks of little to no strength exercises with your legs is a long time, going to have to hit the weight room in overdrive this spring/summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Did he have a break? I can't remember
    Yes. That doesn't happen without a break. I'm guessing fracture dislocation, sounds like it was clean.

vCash
    He will recover 100%. These types of breaks are a walk in the park these days
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    He will recover 100%. These types of breaks are a walk in the park these days
    Exactly. Dr Andrews clinic is an account of mine. Talked with one of the orthos there about that injury. He said if there was no extensive vascular or nerve damage and Fitz does his rehab right he will be 100%.