Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Croom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    All that said, a lot of his former players won't utter a negative word about him. That means a lot as well.
    I won't repeat it here but a senior OL does not agree with this statement

ETA - "former" OL
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I won't repeat it here but a senior OL does not agree with this statement

ETA - "former" OL
    Are you talking about Croom or Dan/Hevesy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    All that said, a lot of his former players won't utter a negative word about him. That means a lot as well.
    I guess that depends on which players you talk to.

vCash
    I will always say. Croom wasn?t a great head coach but he was what the program needed at the time to clean it up. I love him as a person though and what he stood for but in football if just came down to wins vs losses.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    This is an insane comment
    It's really not. Saban woulda won ten games a year with Henig just like he did with JPW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    I will always say. Croom wasn?t a great head coach but he was what the program needed at the time to clean it up. I love him as a person though and what he stood for but in football if just came down to Offense vs losses.
    fify. If Croom had an offense that was even in the high 60s or 70s then we might have went to multiple bowls. I don't think he would have won enough to get us to more than the Liberty or Music City at the time but we would have probably been happy with it. It worked out in the end because he reset the program to where Mullen could build something.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Listen, I knew Henig too, and you are right he was a nice enough guy, but to say he would have won 10 games a year anywhere is absolutely crazy. I just looked back at his stats. His best year was in 06' with a 43.8% completion percentage, threw for 1201 yards, and had 7 TDs to 9 interceptions. He never threw more TDs than picks in a season. Lastly, he threw 6 interceptions the first game of the 07' season.

This thread is making people's memories about the Croom Era pretty foggy.

vCash
    Listen, I knew Henig too, and you are right he was a nice enough guy, but to say he would have won 10 games a year anywhere is absolutely crazy. I just looked back at his stats. His best year was in 06' with a 43.8% completion percentage, threw for 1201 yards, and had 7 TDs to 9 interceptions. He never threw more TDs than picks in a season. Lastly, he threw 6 interceptions the first game of the 07' season.

Henig was a tough SOB and had a really strong arm. Both of those things are part of what a SEC QB needs, he just didn't have everything else. Similar to Brandon Holloway, I do not blame the player for the position the coach put them in. Who knows what Henig could have done with adequate coaching but he still wasn't big and/or fast enough to start for a SEC school.

vCash
    I don't either, and once again I am not trying to bash Henig. I am just saying no team would have won 10 games with him playing QB.

vCash
    Would like for the Crooms era to be completely foggy to the point where I don't remember it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Croom
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

The first 2007 game, against LSU, basically made Craig Steltz' a draftable player by a really stupid NFL franchise called the "Chicago Bears"...in the 4th round

Virtually all of Steltz' highlights during the draft show were against Henig and MSU

Steltz should send Henig a Christmas card for letting him look like Ronny Lott for a night

Your right about this thread, the end of the Croom era was very bad. Our little QB's will probably have lifetime cerebral damage from all the abuse they suffered

vCash
    I'll admit Croom had a lot of faults-his primary fault was being too loyal to his friend, who was the OC and not getting the job done. Despite all his faults, however, he was able to defeat Alabama and Auburn in the same year which is something our esteemed "Dan" could not do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Ok, I saw Dan Hevesy and laughed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I'll admit Croom had a lot of faults-his primary fault was being too loyal to his friend, who was the OC and not getting the job done. Despite all his faults, however, he was able to defeat Alabama and Auburn in the same year which is something our esteemed "Dan" could not do.
    Mullen defeated Vandy and UAB in the same season. This is something Sly never accomplished.

vCash
    This is an insane comment
    Yet it is very true that the other ten guys are what usually make or break a quarterback.

Banned
    vCash
    I don't either, and once again I am not trying to bash Henig. I am just saying no team would have won 10 games with him playing QB.
    You underestimate Saban. He could take that dancing Zebra you got as your Sig and win ten games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You underestimate Saban. He could take that dancing Zebra you got as your Sig and win ten games.
    But could JoMo win at Bama this year versus Saban, with Henig at QB, surrounded by dancing Zebras?

I'd lay the 7.5 if I had to wager...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    He sure needed that zebra at Mich St.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    But could JoMo win at Bama this year versus Saban, with Henig at QB, surrounded by dancing Zebras?

I'd lay the 7.5 if I had to wager...
    JoMo with Henig and Bama's roster wins 8. If the dancing zebras (refs) are on his side maybe 9. Henig had a cannon he just needed some help.