Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
I am not a Croom fan AT ALL and here's why. He exploited our insecurity as a fanbase to his advantage to justify being a lazy recruiter, to give himself more job security and for it to be ok to have a terrible offense. He made excuses and constantly touted having the decks tilted against him and MSU. We didn't have that with Jackie. We had swagger and weren't afraid to play anybody with Sherrill. We beat teams up with Jackie and rocked the Dawg Pound Rock proudly. Croom brought out the Po Ol Miss State attitude in our fans. It still festers in some to this day. **** Croom he sucks.
That's one thing I credit Don for. He wasn't about letting someone think we couldn't compete. In his opening press conference he was talking about winning championships here and reporters laughed at him. At the end of the 2014 season after a loss in the Egg Bowl, he addressed that. He said something to the effect of "In my opening press conference I made a claim that we are going to compete for championships here and everybody laughed. Well, nobody is laughing now." Don changed the way our fanbase thought. He deserves credit for that.