Thread: Memphis East HS basketball team...

Banned
    vCash

Memphis East HS basketball team...

is ranked #1 in the country playing the #13 team in the country Webster (TN) on ESPN2 right now and destroying them. Penny Hardaway is the coach. Do we have no shot ever to get a player from this school? Seems like there's a new HS basketball factory set up in Memphis right now.

vCash
    My impression of Memphis basketball kids.... It would have to be a kid that none of the National brands, Mem, UT or OM wanted.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    My impression of Memphis basketball kids.... It would have to be a kid that none of the National brands, Mem, UT or OM wanted.
    Well there's two big guys they got both about 6'11 that would start for us right now. One of them is just a junior. He dunked like 4 times in the first ten minutes I was watching.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Columbus HS and Robert Woodard played them earlier in the year and took them to OT. Woodard was a stud in that game. We have a stout recruiting class coming in. Just and FYI

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Columbus HS and Robert Woodard played them earlier in the year and took them to OT. Woodard was a stud in that game. We have a stout recruiting class coming in. Just and FYI
    Love hearing this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Well there's two big guys they got both about 6'11 that would start for us right now. One of them is just a junior. He dunked like 4 times in the first ten minutes I was watching.
    Gary Parrish was raving about the east players today. He was going on and on about how the UofMemphis needed to get them.

Just saying that is the battle we would face. However Memphis and OM are Nike schools. Are the kids wearing adidas? Ha!

Banned
    vCash
    James Wiseman and Malcolm Dandridge are the two bigs that are impressive. They both are juniors. Wiseman we have no chance with. He's the #1 overall player in the country. Dandridge we might have a shot with but he already has offers from Florida, Bama, OM etc...

vCash
    East has always been a GREAT basketball school. When I played at ECS in Memphis in the early nineties East was in our district. That was back when private schools still played public schools for state championships.

If anyone is familiar with the Memphis area this was our district for sports back then:

ECS
    Briarcrest
    Harding Academy
    MUS
    East
    Treadwell (where Penny played - it's shut down now though)
    Kinsbury
    Ridgeway

I've said many times, it was probably the strangest district in America.

vCash
    Love hearing this
    Houlka beat Columbus the other night.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Houlka beat Columbus the other night.
    Ok??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Gary Parrish was raving about the east players today. He was going on and on about how the UofMemphis needed to get them.

Just saying that is the battle we would face. However Memphis and OM are Nike schools. Are the kids wearing adidas? Ha!
    0% chance Memphis get anyone worth a crap in the Memphis area as long as tubby is the coach. He pissed off the wrong people and he's not willing to go to the grey area.. not just my opinion. Parrish and others have said as much.

vCash
    Ok??
    I was kind of vague but maybe this shows that that team from Memphis ain't as good as they, and everybody else, thinks they are. Houlka is a tiny little 1A school in Chickasaw County. They know how to play basketball though, always have.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I was kind of vague but maybe this shows that that team from Memphis ain't as good as they, and everybody else, thinks they are. Houlka is a tiny little 1A school in Chickasaw County. They know how to play basketball though, always have.
    They are ranked #1 in the country. If they are overrated they won't end the season #1. They do have two big guys I'd like to see if Howland has a chance with though.