Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
Amen
How do the few of you who think that what happened today is a good thing continue to not understand what is happening? Like, I get having a different opinion on things (let's keep tax talk to the political board), but 100% of you who are happy about this don't even seem to grasp what is going on.

Let me try, one more time, to explain why this is really, really bad.

Up until 2015, TeleComs tried on multiple occasions, to regulate the flow of information and access to content that went through their service. Because they controlled both the access (to a monopoly level) and had their own content, this was ruled by multiple court cases to be an unfair business practice because they tried to restrict access to competitors. In order to save everyone time, the FCC in 2015 created Net Neutrality, to rule that once and for all that Telecoms can't do that because the internet, at this stage in society, is a necessary good. Now that Net Neutrality has been killed, the TeleComs will go back to regulating flow and access themselves. This is what people like you seem to be confusing about the situation- the NN regulation is actually an anti-regulation regulation, making it so that everyone has equal access to the internet and the services and content provided by it.

I really can't make this any clearer. I do not understand why anyone would want Comcast, the country's least favorite company, to be able to control what you can access.