Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Net Neutrality has now been removed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

OT - Net Neutrality has now been removed.

Well party line vote has removed the internet as a utility and a service of the "public good". 86% of Americans believe net neutrality rules should remain in effect. 86% I would say that 95% would agree if they really understood what was at stake. This did nothing but endanger every american, especially those in areas where Comcast has a government subsidized and mandated effective monopoly on a large portion of the country. Comcast has been supported by the FCC and the members of congress that took money to slow down any and all content that is not what Comcast now thinks you should see or not see. They have the right to do it. They have the right to slow down Netflix, Elitedawgs, ie anything they want and pump up their NBC/Comcast data anyway they seem fit. Next step, charging Comcast customers extra money to have reasonable speed for the content they want to see. Republicans sold us out, for next to nothing. Some for only 1000s campaign of dollars from Comcast and others. They could have stopped this at any point during the FCC review. The internet is going to be like cable bills now, except premiums on certain websites. Thanks FCC and Congress.

This should not be about politics. This is about protecting services that were always established for the public good.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I 100% agree. Such a shame to see it happen, but $$$ is king. Ask Paidwell, Nkimdonkee and Gasmask

vCash
    One of the worst decisions our government has ever made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    One of the worst decisions our government has ever made.
    Yep. I hope the outcome will not be what I fear, but there is a lot of money to be made by slowing down competitors. I may invest in Comcast/NBC Universal now. They would not flip a switch, but do it slowly over months and years. One day, people in Comcast areas will wonder why their content doesn't play anymore, call Comcast and they will give them bullshit bandwidth yada yada yada, but you could pay for this XXXXX service and bypass that issue. They pay the money, and then comcast just opens up the internet to the level you had on 12.13.2017, for a much larger pure profit amount.

I hope it doesn't happen, but greed will make it happen. America, land of the free.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Yep, my wife gets all heated about stuff all the time. I remind her that they either voted for it, or didn't come out to the polls. Why be bothered by it?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Yep, my wife gets all heated about stuff all the time. I remind her that they either voted for it, or didn't come out to the polls. Why be bothered by it?
    Many of our wives, mine included are downright infuriated.

vCash
    You get what you vote for. Enjoy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    You get what you vote for. Enjoy.
    I voted to protect the 2nd amendment, to at least not have my personal and corporate taxes raised, to halt illegal immigration, and no have my little girl have to go into apublic bathroom with a pervert in a dress.

So I'm getting what I voted for so for, and damn glad
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Are you saying we had a choice and should have voted for Hillary Clinton ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Are you saying we had a choice and should have voted for Hillary Clinton ?
    I'm not saying you had to vote for Hillary, but you can put pressure on your elected officials and let them know that if they don't fix this you'll gladly primary them for someone who isn't on their knees for Comcast and AT&T next cycle.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    I'm not saying you had to vote for Hillary, but you can put pressure on your elected officials and let them know that if they don't fix this you'll gladly primary them for someone who isn't on their knees for Comcast and AT&T next cycle.
    Good point. It depends on which basic principals of our country people are willing to stand up for. Freedom of choice, freedom of religion, equality for all people, right to bear arms, right to have free and open elections, hard work, empathy for unfortunate, prison reform, etc. Some of these will detract from this issue, but know that this is the clearest issue of bought and paid for against the US people I have ever seen. I still have seen a single argument against these rules that makes even a common sense case.

I have a fear that people will let something like abortion sway their resolve on this issue. Abortion is a difficult issue that has been discussed for 50 years in this country with no end in sight. It will not be solved anytime soon, nor do politicians want to solve it. Right now it is a wedge issue and they like it that way. They use it to get their people to vote a certain way so they can continue to do this Net Neutrality sort of thing in the background without ever addressing the wedge issue directly.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Good point. It depends on which basic principals of our country people are willing to stand up for. Freedom of choice, freedom of religion, equality for all people, right to bear arms, right to have free and open elections, hard work, empathy for unfortunate, prison reform, etc. Some of these will detract from this issue, but know that this is the clearest issue of bought and paid for against the US people I have ever seen. I still have seen a single argument against these rules that makes even a common sense case.

I have a fear that people will let something like abortion sway their resolve on this issue. Abortion is a difficult issue that has been discussed for 50 years in this country with no end in sight. It will not be solved anytime soon, nor do politicians want to solve it. Right now it is a wedge issue and they like it that way. They use it to get their people to vote a certain way so they can continue to do this Net Neutrality sort of thing in the background without ever addressing the wedge issue directly.
    Yeah, most of the arguments I've seen against Net Neutrality rank up there with the old Tea Party slogan "Get your government hands off my Medicare!"

Banned
    vCash
    Can someone explain to an ignorant person (me) why Republicans would think this is good? No smart ass remarks please. I understand Trump and Moore are Satan, etc.

vCash
    Because it was placed there by Obama, and literally everything that guy did needs to be undone. Only reason I could come up with. Literally everybody believes that all data should be treated equally by the internet service providers, except the ISPs and the people they gave money to, including all of our representatives and senators. Every single one of them bought and paid for. Regardless that I am sure all Mississippians believe this should be considered a utility.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Because it was placed there by Obama, and literally everything that guy did needs to be undone. Only reason I could come up with. Literally everybody believes that all data should be treated equally by the internet service providers, except the ISPs and the people they gave money to, including all of our representatives and senators. Every single one of them bought and paid for. Regardless that I am sure all Mississippians believe this should be considered a utility.
    The mentality that everything done by Obama needs to be un-done is short-sighted at best. No one believe that anymore.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 12-14-2017 at 02:21 PM.

vCash
    Here are the people that voted to have this undone.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/29/1...vacy-fire-sale

notice a theme?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Here are the people that voted to have this undone.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/29/1...vacy-fire-sale

notice a theme?
    Are we going to debate abortion next? This kind of political BS should NEVER appear on this site......delete!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Are we going to debate abortion next? This kind of political BS should NEVER appear on this site......delete!
    It is only political because our state representatives and senators failed every person in this country. This doesn't serve a single good in our society.
    Sorry for the political slant. It truly was not intended. This shouldn't even be political, nor should the FCC be political.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Oh, grow up. This is in no way comparable to abortion.....the vast majority of Americans, regardless of their politics, agree on this issue. If you can't stand a discussion that calls out the Republicans (by both sides of the aisle) for dropping the ball on something then just don't click on the thread. People's inability/unwillingness to acknowledge **** ups by their party is a big part of the problem with the current state of politics in this country. And for the record, I am a Republican.

vCash
    Why? Does it fracture your world view to find out that the GOP is not the bastion of freedom and liberty you believe it to be? The fact is it doesn?t matter what party you affiliate with. Laws are bought and sold in this country. It?s that simple. Roger Wicker and others don?t give a flying 17 about you. He and damn near everyone else that holds public office sell their ?beliefs? to the highest bidder. This isn?t America anymore and it damn sure isn?t a democracy.