Thread: OT - Net Neutrality has now been removed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Can someone explain to an ignorant person (me) why Republicans would think this is good? No smart ass remarks please. I understand Trump and Moore are Satan, etc.
    It's also the result of actually having to live up to some bone headed rhetoric of the last 30+ years. Believing that all regulation of business is bad, that government should be drowned in a bath tub, that facts and history should be ignored all lead to decisions like this.

Business has proven over thousands of years that they will do whatever it takes to secure profits. Sometimes it is blatant, some times it is covert. Ultimately, profit motives win out. Understanding that does not make one anti-capitalist. It makes one a realist. The flip of that is that the roll of government regulation is to protect citizens from corporate profit motive where practical, and in a manner that is fair to business and the consumer. The reason for this is that the government is the representative of the people, and their only option. Recognizing that doesn't make one a communist. It makes one a realist. What has happened since Reagan began attacking regulations has gutted our governments ability to take action. It has created an all consuming Borg - deregulation, the attacks on Labor, the corruption of the campaign finance system, the symbiotic movement of elected officials to K Street (lobbyists) and K Street into regulatory bodies (like the FCC) has created a corruption of the process that we might never be able to restore. While I point out Reagan, Dems are no better, I only point to it as a beginning point. They have all become complicit.

Banned
    vCash
    [/QUOTE]While I point out Reagan, Dems are no better, I only point to it as a beginning point. They have all become complicit.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this is an issue by both Dems and Rep. Our citizens inabilility to call out bullshit when its your party, is the problem in this country. Reagan, Bush HW, Clinton, Bush W, Obama, and Trump has all done stupid shit, but right now their respected parties and more importantly the citizens shy away from calling out their own people.

I for one will say this is a total failure of Congress to do their job, added directly by political contributions by ISPs to blindside every citizen directly. Happens every day, but not this cut an dry.

vCash
    While I point out Reagan, Dems are no better, I only point to it as a beginning point. They have all become complicit.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this is an issue by both Dems and Rep. Our citizens inabilility to call out bullshit when its your party, is the problem in this country. Reagan, Bush HW, Clinton, Bush W, Obama, and Trump has all done stupid shit, but right now their respected parties and more importantly the citizens shy away from calling out their own people.

I for one will say this is a total failure of Congress to do their job, added directly by political contributions by ISPs to blindside every citizen directly. Happens every day, but not this cut an dry.[/QUOTE]

And if you don't believe this. Call the office of your Congressman. Their staff will pat you on the head and say "We appreciate the input of our constituents. Have a nice day." Unless you are bringing them a fat donation check, they have no time for you or your opinion or concerns.