Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
Good point. It depends on which basic principals of our country people are willing to stand up for. Freedom of choice, freedom of religion, equality for all people, right to bear arms, right to have free and open elections, hard work, empathy for unfortunate, prison reform, etc. Some of these will detract from this issue, but know that this is the clearest issue of bought and paid for against the US people I have ever seen. I still have seen a single argument against these rules that makes even a common sense case.

I have a fear that people will let something like abortion sway their resolve on this issue. Abortion is a difficult issue that has been discussed for 50 years in this country with no end in sight. It will not be solved anytime soon, nor do politicians want to solve it. Right now it is a wedge issue and they like it that way. They use it to get their people to vote a certain way so they can continue to do this Net Neutrality sort of thing in the background without ever addressing the wedge issue directly.
Yeah, most of the arguments I've seen against Net Neutrality rank up there with the old Tea Party slogan "Get your government hands off my Medicare!"