Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Net Neutrality has now been removed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Run like a business like the power company? Run like a business like the phone company?

Imagine if GE, who makes the power, made electric power that only worked with the appliances.
    Implement blackout periods except for users of GE appliances

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Amen
    You realize there is no such thing as a true free market right? Purely due to the Barriers of Entry and the size of the corporations, removing Net Neutrality will lead to monopoly type situations. This can even affect how politicians are elected. If Comcast doesn't like a politician then it could either slow the access or completely prevent you from getting information on anyone but the corporations chosen candidate. That is an extreme possibility but it isn't out of the realm of imagination.

vCash
    Standard deduction doubles. That should help a lot of ppl.
    Kicking peanuts to the middle class while kicking millions/billions to the corporations and 1%ers isn’t really helping the middle class. It’s a bait and switch to get them on board for a plan that on the surface sounds good for them but in reality ****s them. End of story. There’s no 2 ways about it. Multiple center-right publications with strong big money leanings (Forbes, the Wall Street journal, etc) have bashed this tax plan as a giant cluster**** that is going to hurt Americans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The sky is not falling snowflake.

2015 internet standards were just as good as 2017.

Get over it.
    There it is again... snowflake. The new buzzword for the intellectually challenged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Kicking peanuts to the middle class while kicking millions/billions to the corporations and 1%ers isn’t really helping the middle class. It’s a bait and switch to get them on board for a plan that on the surface sounds good for them but in reality ****s them. End of story. There’s no 2 ways about it. Multiple center-right publications with strong big money leanings (Forbes, the Wall Street journal, etc) have bashed this tax plan as a giant cluster**** that is going to hurt Americans.
    Bush 41 said it best - it?s voodoo economics. Always has been. Anyone who believes Arthur Laffer is a bloody idiot. Just ask anyone living in Kansas how well it works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Yep, my wife gets all heated about stuff all the time. I remind her that they either voted for it, or didn't come out to the polls. Why be bothered by it?
    Many of our wives, mine included are downright infuriated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well I like the conversation fellas. Glad to know on this one issue, I think almost everyone can agree.
    Now lets get this tax cut passed and hope it benefits people like us more than it benefits people with a few billion in the bank.
    Well... you?re in for a 17?n shock. But if you?re a party line kinda guy, either you won?t acknowledge or you?ll somehow blame the other side.

vCash
    Amen
    How do the few of you who think that what happened today is a good thing continue to not understand what is happening? Like, I get having a different opinion on things (let's keep tax talk to the political board), but 100% of you who are happy about this don't even seem to grasp what is going on.

Let me try, one more time, to explain why this is really, really bad.

Up until 2015, TeleComs tried on multiple occasions, to regulate the flow of information and access to content that went through their service. Because they controlled both the access (to a monopoly level) and had their own content, this was ruled by multiple court cases to be an unfair business practice because they tried to restrict access to competitors. In order to save everyone time, the FCC in 2015 created Net Neutrality, to rule that once and for all that Telecoms can't do that because the internet, at this stage in society, is a necessary good. Now that Net Neutrality has been killed, the TeleComs will go back to regulating flow and access themselves. This is what people like you seem to be confusing about the situation- the NN regulation is actually an anti-regulation regulation, making it so that everyone has equal access to the internet and the services and content provided by it.

I really can't make this any clearer. I do not understand why anyone would want Comcast, the country's least favorite company, to be able to control what you can access.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    There it is again... snowflake. The new buzzword for the intellectually challenged.
    Sorry I hit a nerve Francis.

vCash
    Sorry I hit a nerve Francis.
    Not a nerve. Just a contempt for cheap-shot language.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    My guess is that they want to be able to allow the ISP's to grow, profit, and charge more to the consumer and to the content providers.

This may be a way for companies like Comcast to offset the huge losses they're seeing in cable subscriptions dropping by allowing them to charge content producers

Also guess this may end up in court, because if they were to have passed it, ISP's may have a case saying the law is hindering their ability to get market value for their service.

We may consider the internet a public service, but it's run by businesses, not the gov't. The businesses want to be able to maximize profit, and the Comcast's of the world are in the pocket of the Republicans
    This is it. I know I guy that owns a small ISP in Mississippi. He said net neutrality basically forced him to subsidize companies like Hula and Netflix by providing their infrastructure for them . It forced Comcast and the like subsidize their competitors. It wasn't fair. It favored some companies over others. It was crony capitalism at the highest level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    This is it. I know I guy that owns a small ISP in Mississippi. He said net neutrality basically forced him to subsidize companies like Hula and Netflix by providing their infrastructure for them . It forced Comcast and the like subsidize their competitors. It wasn't fair. It favored some companies over others. It was crony capitalism at the highest level.
    Exactly....that?s why all the big boys were for it....thank God Trump saw through the BS!

vCash
    So, the internet?s been around since the 90?s and has operated openly and freely since its inception. But, now, we Should suddenly be concerned about *big, evil corporations* exploiting it for profit? And why? Because a politician tells you you should be?

If limiting access to certain websites is such a big concern, why weren?t the ISP?s doing it in 2000 - 2010? There were no Net Neutrality laws to prevent them from doing it. What stopped them then and what will continue to stop them now is the free market economy. If Comcast starts limiting access or charging more to access certain sites, they?ll lose customers and the market will force them to change their asinine policies.

Again, Net Neutrality is a government power grab framed as a solution to a non-existent problem. Why would you want to give the government control over something so important to your daily life? I mean, they did so well with healthcare, why not give them the internet too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That''s fair. But where is this? I can't seem to find a small ISP to subscribe with. My choices are only ATT or the cable company.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    That''s fair. But where is this? I can't seem to find a small ISP to subscribe with. My choices are only ATT or the cable company.
    All his story shows is that this is good for he TeleComs and bad for literally everyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    Not a nerve. Just a contempt for cheap-shot language.
    Seems appropriate to me.

vCash
    A few of y'all have your Lefty slips showing. If a righty really believes this is bad and can convince me I'll listen with an open mind but I'm not buying Lefty talking points.

vCash
    A few of y'all have your Lefty slips showing. If a righty really believes this is bad and can convince me I'll listen with an open mind but I'm not buying Lefty talking points.
    There?s several in this thread already, but I guess you won?t take my word on that because my ?lefty slip? is showing. The guy who started this thread advocated for the tax plan ffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    There?s several in this thread already, but I guess you won?t take my word on that because my ?lefty slip? is showing. The guy who started this thread advocated for the tax plan ffs.
    Then they can persuade me. I'm open to listen but I've read four or five articles over the last hour that lead me to believe this is getting blown way out of proportion.

vCash
    Adorable.