Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Net Neutrality has now been removed.

Banned
    vCash
    This sucks no doubt but I kinda think Disney buying 21st Century Fox today which now gives them 60% ownership of Hulu and Disney has an upcoming streaming service that will have all ESPN networks and now Fox Sports regional networks is going to somehow combat Comcast from fleecing the consumer even more with this decision to end open internet.

vCash
    Elections have consequences

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    [/QUOTE]While I point out Reagan, Dems are no better, I only point to it as a beginning point. They have all become complicit.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this is an issue by both Dems and Rep. Our citizens inabilility to call out bullshit when its your party, is the problem in this country. Reagan, Bush HW, Clinton, Bush W, Obama, and Trump has all done stupid shit, but right now their respected parties and more importantly the citizens shy away from calling out their own people.

I for one will say this is a total failure of Congress to do their job, added directly by political contributions by ISPs to blindside every citizen directly. Happens every day, but not this cut an dry.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I thought all of fox sports was staying with Fox.
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I thought all of fox sports was staying with Fox.
    No Fox keeps Fox News, Fox Broadcast channel, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2 but FSS (and all the other regions) FSN, Yes Network are all owned by Disney now. Disney also now owns FXX, Nat Geo, FXMovies etc... This is a gigantic move that happened today. Disney now owns 40% of the box office market.

vCash
    Watch this video. She breaks down the Disney deal

vCash
    Wow that is big then. Hope they stick to sports on their sports channels and news on their news channels.

I see the irony in that statement with this post being on this website, but note N.N. is about the internet....so some leeway please.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    While I point out Reagan, Dems are no better, I only point to it as a beginning point. They have all become complicit.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this is an issue by both Dems and Rep. Our citizens inabilility to call out bullshit when its your party, is the problem in this country. Reagan, Bush HW, Clinton, Bush W, Obama, and Trump has all done stupid shit, but right now their respected parties and more importantly the citizens shy away from calling out their own people.

I for one will say this is a total failure of Congress to do their job, added directly by political contributions by ISPs to blindside every citizen directly. Happens every day, but not this cut an dry.[/QUOTE]

And if you don't believe this. Call the office of your Congressman. Their staff will pat you on the head and say "We appreciate the input of our constituents. Have a nice day." Unless you are bringing them a fat donation check, they have no time for you or your opinion or concerns.

vCash
    This is the move that should make every rational gop voter leave for the Libertarian Party. This shit enfuriates me.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Can someone explain to an ignorant person (me) why Republicans would think this is good? No smart ass remarks please. I understand Trump and Moore are Satan, etc.
    because their sole unifying principle is to transfer as much wealth as possible to their corporate donors

vCash
    It never amazes me the number of people who fail to realize that government regulation is nothing more than selecting winners and losers and limiting access to the free market by force. Licensing is nothing more than a barrier to market entry. Net Neutrality was a nifty name for government and not the marketplace to determine who can provide your servivce. I'd much rather have a free market where anyone can enter the market and provide any service that I'm willing to pay for .. than to have a limited number of providers who only offer a set of service standards as determined by government....I'm smart enough to determine what is good for me.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    It never amazes me the number of people who fail to realize that government regulation is nothing more than selecting winners and losers and limiting access to the free market by force. Licensing is nothing more than a barrier to market entry. Net Neutrality was a nifty name for government and not the marketplace to determine who can provide your servivce. I'd much rather have a free market where anyone can enter the market and provide any service that I'm willing to pay for .. than to have a limited number of providers who only offer a set of service standards as determined by government....I'm smart enough to determine what is good for me.
    A minimal level of regulation is a necessary, good thing. This really cannot be debated. Prevents a WWW situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    This is the move that should make every rational gop voter leave for the Libertarian Party. This shit enfuriates me.
    Ugh you do realize Libertarians are against Net Neutrality right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    A minimal level of regulation is a necessary, good thing. This really cannot be debated. Prevents a WWW situation.
    ^^Gene Swindoll?

vCash
    ...and keep electing the same lifers year after year.

vCash
    So...ya'll would rather the internet be like your phone or cell phone bill where you get hit with huge FCC fees and taxes? That's where Net Neutrality was headed.

Pick your poison.

vCash
    Harper, Gregg $33,800
    Kelly, Trent $3,300
    Palazzo, Steven $11,100

Cochran, Thad $123,750
    Wicker, Roger $151,800

Trent Kelly should have held out for a bit more money. What a dumb ass.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDawg View Post
    So...ya'll would rather the internet be like your phone or cell phone bill where you get hit with huge FCC fees and taxes? That's where Net Neutrality was headed.

Pick your poison.
    No it is not and it never was. Stop that. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, as do most people who are against net neutrality.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Harper, Gregg $33,800
    Kelly, Trent $3,300
    Palazzo, Steven $11,100

Cochran, Thad $123,750
    Wicker, Roger $151,800

Trent Kelly should have held out for a bit more money. What a dumb ass.
    Holy shit!!! Hahahahahahaha! Was he the one that did our bidding for Cam Newton??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Are we going to debate abortion next? This kind of political BS should NEVER appear on this site......delete!
    This ain?t about politics, this literally affects you every day