Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
Yeah, some things have been forgotten or overlooked in this thread.

What I heard,
Jimbo Fischer wanted the State job after Jackie. LT turned down Jimbo for Croom. Hiring Croom was to lessen the NCAA penalties.

Jackie interviewed for a few NFL HC jobs in 92 and after 94. He didn?t get either job obviously. There was a lot of smoke around Jackie to Bama after the 2000 season. My Bama friends say he interviewed but didn?t get it. Regardless of how the Bama job got filled, I always thought Jackie lost his drive when he didn?t get that job. Also Peggy got sick I believe.

So I don?t hold a grudge against Don for looking for jobs. 9 years is about all you will get out of a coach now a days anyway because of the pressure from fans placed on administrators.

I imagine if CJM keeps us going as Don did, we will Look back in 5 years and appreciate Don more.
This is very true. If Coach JoeMo keeps us winning an average of 8 games or even wins 10 or more then Lateral gets appreciated more than he is now. I actually think that CJM might be a better fit for us long term because Don didn't have what it takes to win games that he was outmatched in players. He wasn't a risk taker in big games and that caused us to not win many games if we were at least equal in talent. CJM has proven when he was at Fordham that he can pull the upset so he might can use the great foundation left by Mullen and build something bigger.