Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Write Up On Mullen

vCash

Good Write Up On Mullen

and what we lost and I hope we have replaced.

I know a lot of y'all are hating Mullen, some even saying they are glad he is gone, but anyone that doesn't appreciate what he brought here and what he accomplished, is wrong.

Did it make me mad he left? Does it make me furious that he may have half assed the Egg Bowl this year?

Yes.

But he also gave me the best 9 years of State football of my life, or 99% of everybody's life.

Like Jackie, he will be remembered fondly here after a little time. In fact, remembered a LOT more fondly.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/d...ns-now-florida
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Who?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    **** that guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Like Jackie, he will be remembered fondly here after a little time. In fact, remembered a LOT more fondly.
    Highly doubtful. He left the wrong way....most people don't forget things like that, regardless of the amount of accomplishments you may have had during your tenure.

He's also proven thus far (short sample timeline) that he doesn't really care how he is thought of here.

vCash
    He will never be King Jackie!!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    He was 33-39 in the SEC. And if he had things going so fantastic, his last 3 years in the SEC he was 4-4, 3-5, 4-4.....so he kind of is who he was going to be. Now he coaches a school on the schedule next year and is someone we are recruiting against....so basically the enemy.

vCash
    I challenge anyone to prove if the advances in MSU football were because of:

1. ESPN/SEC Network welfare money
    2. Don Marlin
    3. Dr Keenum
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Jackie respects us, I don?t know that d** ever did. Jackie became one of us and d** could have but apparently never did. It?s truly sad because I supported d** from the get go. As for me being a fan and an adult I understand coaches gonna come and go but he pissed on his players and that I cannot forget. Also the poaching of our recruits, while part of the game, is classless. While I appreciate what d** did while he was here he burned bridges with how he left. Jackie was and always will be The Kang,
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 12-13-2017 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    I'm grateful to Dan for what he did here. He had us, and has us, in positions I never thought I would ever see us in. I hope he does well, except when he plays us. Some of y'all don't want to hear this, but we need him to do well. Think about it.

vCash
    He half-***ed the Egg Bowl 4 out of the last 6 years. I've lived through Davis, Tyler, Shira, Bellard, Rockey, Jackie, Coach "Doom", and Dan. Dan showed his true colors and they were never Maroon and White. It was always about him, cost us many games with his annual end of the year job search. I'll help fund a statue for Jackie, never Dan. Jackie got us to Atlanta to the SEC Championship game, Dan never make it, too many selfish distractions even in the #1 year. JMO. Hail State!

vCash
    Muck Fullen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I'm grateful to Dan for what he did here. He had us, and has us, in positions I never thought I would ever see us in. I hope he does well, except when he plays us. Some of y'all don't want to hear this, but we need him to do well. Think about it.
    What?? Why would it help us if he did well? I think it would benefit us more if he and SS failed. Would send the message that maybe we're not the stepping stone school, like most think.

vCash
    We’ll never forget you, Don Merlin

vCash
    Interesting that the players that they interviewed were from his first few years with us.

His legacy to me is that he had us winning against lower level teams consistently which I do think is very important for us. It's hard to earn respect by beating Alabama one week and then losing to La Tech the next.

He had some big wins- Florida and Georgia 2010 are both underrated IMO, LSU in 2014 and 2017, had some Egg Bowl wins that were fun- 2013 is legendary and when the country started to notice Dak, winning the Gator Bowl in 2010 was fun.

But the thing about Dan is he is cocky- not confiedent. He uses his cockiness to overcome his lack of self confidence. That's why he didn't win more big games with us at the root of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    He half-***ed the Egg Bowl 4 out of the last 6 years. I've lived through Davis, Tyler, Shira, Bellard, Rockey, Jackie, Coach "Doom", and Dan. Dan showed his true colors and they were never Maroon and White. It was always about him, cost us many games with his annual end of the year job search. I'll help fund a statue for Jackie, never Dan. Jackie got us to Atlanta to the SEC Championship game, Dan never make it, too many selfish distractions even in the #1 year. JMO. Hail State!
    I hope we're funding a statue for Joe Moorhead 10 years from now.

vCash
    I reiterate what most here have said about Don?s lack of loyalty but that was a good article.

In comparison to Don, my biggest concern about Moorhead is if he?s too laid back. Joe appears to be friendly, easy going, personable, etc, but I love my coaches to have that Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh, Dabo, Fat Mullen, kind of type A fire and toughness.

Players emulate their coach. Maybe Moorhead does have that Type A in him that can build mental toughness, but it is my concern. We need that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    **** that guy
    The guy who said he was here to win championships and play with "unbelievable" effort to get to Atlanta. He didn't succeed, said he was ready for a new challenge, and told Florida the same thing he told us.

vCash
    For those that didn't or won't read it, the article is more about State's mindset and culture around football and, the school as a whole, being changed to what we have now.

Love him or hate him, Mullen at least showed every one of the powers that be at State, what real football was about, and the way to get that way.

Mullen isn't even quoted in it, so if you want to see the attitude and mindset of this place before Mullen,( that I railed against for years) and why that made us mediocre to horrible in football for so long, this should be read.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hey Scott, when you talk to Mullen later today, tell him to stop going after our recruits and then we will be cool.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I am more pissed at Florida, They take our baseball coach, AD and Football coach. None of which I am upset at losing, but just the lack of respect they have shown us in doing so.

May they have the same success with the last two as they did the first one. (I learned that in charm school!)