Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recruiting News

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    They aren't but you've been needing to make a post that is more detailed as to why you are displeased like you just did now for awhile instead of making snide 1-2 sentence posts and then ghosting on the thread. You made a similar unpopular comment in the SPS thread about Lukabu and it was downvoted into oblivion. Guy sounds like a pretty decent hire to me. Perhaps Moorhead is going to start recruiting different areas than we are used to getting players from. I don't think that's a bad thing. When you're 3rd in fewest miles away from campus per football player signee in the entire country it means you need to expand your recruiting base out more. Maybe just maybe Joe wants to recruit a little out West or in Jersey area some which has produced some good players recently. Regardless we are going to wait to see if these guys can produce on the field and in recruiting before we are going to blast them as hires because blasting them right now just looks petty. You can't possibly know a damn thing about Lukabu as a coach.

Here's your SPS post
    Exactly. And to add. The short, no detailed posts in their entirety indicate that the poster is in fact NOT a big fan of the the JM hire no matter what is stated to the contrary. Sure Moorhead will make some questionable decisions, but to consistently seagull two boards seems like it is for attention. Which, if I'm not mistaken, is the definition of trolling.

I'll also add that MSU has really gone outside the south ONCE in head coaching football. ******* decisions and recruiting may not have always pleased everyone, but they also produced acceptable results. Perhaps, if MSU wants to change our perception, we need to do something differently than every other southeastern conference school.

I like DJ and TBuck too. I cant imagine them not being on the staff. Then again, I dont coach for a living.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Goodness....I'm a big fan of the JM hire. Big fan of Huff, Hud, and even Shoop. I'm not a fan at all of letting DJ and Tbuck go. The Lukabu and rumored Brady hires do not do anything for me when it's been said we have lots of money to go after top proven assistants who have recruiting experience. Since when do people on ED want people banned for expressing a different opinion that's anything but 100 percent total agreement with the new coach?
    Hud > Looney and it isn?t even close when it comes to coaching TE and recruiting.
    Looney wasn?t going to coach the OL , so the hire there is soild. Power 5 experience , coached OL under a great head guy in Cutt and has Ms ties. Sounds pretty slam dunk to me.

With Tbuck. Yeah he recruits well. But I have been told that his crutch is coaching. Most all the great ones at their craft, Bird, Magic, Jordan , don?t make good coaches. Hard for them to teach kids to do what came so easy to them. Not saying Tbuck was the greatest CB ever but dude was very good.

With LB rumor coach. We have recuriters on this staff. I would trade a kick ass LB coach for a recruiter here. Lukabu has only been a LB guy from day one. That?s all he has coached. I have no idea how he would fit here but he seems to be very knowledgeable at the LB position. Who knows he may recruit well. We have 2 possible all SEC LB in Gay and Errol and maybe this guy can light a fire or something under Leo ass. Too talented a player.. he should be much better

When it come to the Wr coach We are replacing Gonzo. . It?s already an upgrade.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 12-14-2017 at 09:47 AM.

vCash
    Yes I am slightly concerned that he is primarily hiring guys he has a pre existing relationship with. I believe Don was criticized for the exact same thing on here for years because he had coaches who kept kim comfortable and were his friends. I understand doing that on offense moreso because the communication transition will be easier. Hell I hope they all succeed and do incredible but it's hard to argue that spending a lot of money (which we have) on a proven guy at LB or WR with no risk can't be argued as the better move here.

vCash
    Every single coach in America hires guys they know or guys someone they respect recommends.

vCash
    Yes I am slightly concerned that he is primarily hiring guys he has a pre existing relationship with. I believe Don was criticized for the exact same thing on here for years because he had coaches who kept kim comfortable and were his friends. I understand doing that on offense moreso because the communication transition will be easier. Hell I hope they all succeed and do incredible but it's hard to argue that spending a lot of money (which we have) on a proven guy at LB or WR with no risk can't be argued as the better move here.
    Don also had those guys following him around for years. Not so with Joe. Huff is about the only one he was coaching with at PSU.

This ain't no country club.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Merlin had friends that wouldn’t recruit. Big difference.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Hiring people that you are familiar with is not a problem. Not being able to fire people that need to be fired because you are too close to them is a problem that Mullen had. No one knows if Joe Mo will have that problem. Our recruiting class is going to finish strong so the early returns are good. Only time will tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Hud > Looney and it isn?t even close when it comes to coaching TE and recruiting.
    Looney wasn?t going to coach the OL , so the hire there is soild. Power 5 experience , coached OL under a great head guy in Cutt and has Ms ties. Sounds pretty slam dunk to me.

With Tbuck. Yeah he recruits well. But I have been told that his crutch is coaching. Most all the great ones at their craft, Bird, Magic, Jordan , don?t make good coaches. Hard for them to teach kids to do what came so easy to them. Not saying Tbuck was the greatest CB ever but dude was very good.

With LB rumor coach. We have recuriters on this staff. I would trade a kick ass LB coach for a recruiter here. Lukabu has only been a LB guy from day one. That?s all he has coached. I have no idea how he would fit here but he seems to be very knowledgeable at the LB position. Who knows he may recruit well. We have 2 possible all SEC LB in Gay and Errol and maybe this guy can light a fire or something under Leo ass. Too talented a player.. he should be much better

Having the players watch Youtube videos of Jerry Rice would have been an improvement over Gonzo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Todd's Recruiting Dog Treats!

1. Yancy made up a bunch of bullshit at the Missisisppi High School All-Star Game and is acting like the safety from Madison Central who only had offers from USM and Ole Miss is the second coming of Ed Reed.

2. Byron DeVinner has flipped from Ole Miss to Tennessee and told everyone on Twitter that Jeremy Pruitt is one of the best coaches in the world. This despite being our third choice, begging for the MSU job and spending his career riding the coat tails of people like Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, and the immortal Rush Probst.

3. Dan Mullen couldn't figure out how to manage a roster to save his life. This despite the fact that he had an army of grad assistants and football personnel who probably could have found an afternoon to create a depth chart flowsheet. Heck, I would have done it for free had they asked. As a result a few people have been dropped causing some minor freak outs amongst our fans.

4. What does Dan Mullen do when he's in one of the top five talented states in the country as far as football talent goes? Go back to Mississippi to try to flip MSU recruits? Yep. It appears to be paying off too- he actually was able to land a kicker. Who he will probably screw up with his "coaching".

5. Scott Stricklin's feelings are hurt because most of us don't understand "it's a business." Which is exactly what I intend to tweet at him in three years after he has to take the fall for hiring Dan and the country club.

6. Some other schools are coming after our recruits especially the out of state guys- and our fans are freaking out a little bit over it. We may lose some- we'll probably gain some too and it will be alright in the end.

7. Hatfield on Genespage is stirring up things because someone sent a threatening PM to someone and someone told someone that they had sex with their wife and didn't get banned because they are a former old Genespage poster. I didn't understand it. Last time I looked at that trainwreck of a thread they were talking about chicken tenders. Paul would probably appreciate it if some people would let go of grudges that have lasted 14 years now.

8. Based on Ole Miss's last two recruiting classes, it has been proven that the only way someone would go there is because they have no other SEC options, they are a legacy, or they are being paid out the wazuu. We already knew that but it's good to see hard evidence of it to throw back in their face.

9. Ole Miss is going to spend the dead period paying their own players to try to keep them from transferring instead of going after MSU recruits.

10. Moorhead's staff is already better than Dan's as far as recruiting on the offensive side of the ball by simply hiring Charles Ruff.
    This is great. Would read again.

No, I will most certainly read it again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

The only thing I will say was that it really didn't have to be an either/or on Hud and Looney. Moorhead is going to make his own decisions without my input but I would have felt better if he had just made Looney the TE coach and Hud the AHC/WR coach. WR is what Hud coached here before anyway. I have no clue who JoMo is looking at for WR coach. But Looney is a guy that really wanted to be at MSU and is an ace recruiter. Apparently was even top notch at recruiting when he was a player. On the defensive side would have liked to have kept TBuck as well just because he is a good recruiter. Now our secondary did get burned in a few games but on a lot of those probably had more to do with talent than coaching. Don't really understand bringing in Ambrose instead but I'll roll with it.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 12-15-2017 at 06:05 PM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    The only thing I will say was that it really didn't have to be an either/or on Hud and Looney. Moorhead is going to make his own decisions without my input but I would have felt better if he had just made Looney the TE coach and Hud the AHC/WR coach. WR is what Hud coached here before anyway. I have no clue who JoMo is looking at for WR coach. But Looney is a guy that really wanted to be at MSU and is an ace recruiter. Apparently was even top notch at recruiting when he was a player. On the defensive side would have liked to have kept TBuck as well just because he was good recruiter. Now our secondary did get burned in a few games but on a lot of those probably had more to do with talent than coaching. Don't really understand bringing in Ambrose instead but I'll roll with it.
    Ambrose won't be the DB Coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Ambrose won't be the DB Coach
    So our CB coach and WR coach are still unknowns at the moment? Will Ambrose be on the staff?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    So our CB coach and WR coach are still unknowns at the moment? Will Ambrose be on the staff?
    No the CB coach is done just not announced yet. I hear the WR coach has been identified to just not announced either.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    No the CB coach is done just not announced yet. I hear the WR coach has been identified to just not announced either.
    Is it more OM grads?
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Is it more OM grads?
    Could be

vCash
    Do you care to elaborate IYOK?