Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
No, I was pointing out that the drinking isn't any worse than when was there, I wouldn't think.

. I was saying it to see what others thought the problem was with deaths and hospital visits these days, unlike back then.

I can never remember anyone at State, when I was there, dying or having to go too the hospital because of just drinking.

So are they drinking more? Or is it because they are taking some type of substance AND drinking?
I know of a handful that had to go to the hospital in the early 90s.

Having 2 teenagers, I'll give you my observation. I'd say there are fewer kids who start drinking early compared to when many of us grew up (I'm mid 40s). Because of that, kids being thrown into heavy drinking/binge drinking environments aren't familiar with their limits and have more problems. I had my first real drinking experience at 13. By the time I finished high school, I had a pretty good idea of what my levels were. Even then, I had some instances of trying to keep up at a frat party, or getting my ass kicked at Presidents and Assholes or quarters, or being pissed and doing something stupid like 15+ shots of Jager, that caused me to get puke/pass out level drunk. And I was pretty experienced drinker. You throw someone into those situations who has hardly ever touched alcohol and its a recipe for disaster.