Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps just a year away

vCash

Perhaps just a year away

aTm had their good basketball class in 2015 and are just now really hitting their stride. We had our good class in 2016 and have continued to add some nice pieces with this year bring the best in perry. Hopefully next year we can make the same jump aTm has this season

vCash
    It's always next year.

vCash
    Could care less

vCash
    Players have regressed. What makes you think they will be better next year?

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Players have regressed. What makes you think they will be better next year?
    Peters and wright have regressed. Peters is just simply not good. At all. Q is about where he's been. Carter is better. Holman is much better
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    It's always next year.
    Famous last words for MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Peters and wright have regressed. Peters is just simply not good. At all. Q is about where he's been. Carter is better. Holman is much better
    Peters isn't playing well right now. That doesn't mean he's not good.

vCash
    This team has to find some consistency. Watching us on offense is like watching a pickup game at the Sanderson.
    Happy Festivus

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    This team has to find some consistency. Watching us on offense is like watching a pickup game at the Sanderson.
    Result of AAU game and Howland being away for a while. I beginning to think he can no longer relate to the present day player. Hell he can?t even get Who needs to be on the court at the same time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Add Herrard to the regression list, and Datcher to the improvement one

vCash
    At least we don't have to worry about Peter's being a lottery pick.******

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm really starting to question if Howland can coach at all... He's not getting much production out of all these 4 and 5 star recruits. No effort, awful TO's, what defense? etc.. Hopefully it'll get much better as the season goes on but IDK if it will . Painful to watch just how inconsistent we play !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonwhitedawg3ddd View Post
    I'm really starting to question if Howland can coach at all... He's not getting much production out of all these 4 and 5 star recruits. No effort, awful TO's, what defense? etc.. Hopefully it'll get much better as the season goes on but IDK if it will . Painful to watch just how inconsistent we play !!
    Something is definitely not being translated to the game. I have theories, just no sensible ones.

vCash
    we have zero chemistry out there
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'm at a loss.

vCash
    If only our girls could shoot our shots for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    It's always next year.
    Been so since 1977. Still got the shirt somewhere.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I know absolutely zero about basketball, but I did play enough baseball and football to know that a group of individuals will never beat a team consistently. The group we played last night was the team and we were the individuals. When you talk about players regressing, I think what you?re seeing is AAU players trying to play as a member of a team. It is apparent that Howland is trying to change them from individuals to a team, but it?s something they have never had to do. Obviously, it?s not easy to do. Hopefully, we will figure it out.

vCash
    WE have no semblance of a half court offense and no inside game. I don’t really see that changing in a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    we have zero chemistry out there
    This. We have no flow, no purpose. Post guys aren't being involved by the perimeter guys. Our players don't seem to understand how to attack a defense or not enough know to be able to make in game adjustments.

Ado should be getting 18 and 10 a night I think but our perimeter guys refuse to get him involved. He took one shot in 27 minutes. That's not all on him. He's got to the get the ball more which means our guards have to prioritize seeking him out. We aren't doing that right now so we can't get guys out of our face on the perimeter.