Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
This is a pretty interesting article and the comments to the tweet are pretty good as well.
https://twitter.com/SECCountryMSU/st...83516676837376

My issue is a few things:

- Scott you got yourself in this situation by going to Florida in the first place. Sure you had to do what was best for Florida, but you put yourself in this position & showed you were all about Scott & not about your state or the people of Mississippi. I get that it's a business, but it's a business for MSU as well.

- If you truly meant any of the BS you just spouted, then you would tell Don to stop recruiting MSU commitments immediately. Ok, you had to do what was best for Florida, but at least have some class with the recruiting & the blurring of ethical lines. Florida was not recruiting any of these players before Don took over, & Don's relationship with those players was developed on MSU's dime. Again though, we know you are all about Scott, so it should come as no surprise the decision you also made on recruiting.

As a businessman you should understand all too well about both points. This world is built on success and at a lot of times that comes at a cost of loyalty.
Scott was open as can be when he was leaving and gave us a lot better successor that I believe he was ever for us. Do I think Scott is good enough to be AD at a top program like UF? No. but they do so that's on him to continue proving.
Scott has to do what's best for UF because that is his job. That goes against so much because of the high natured position he is in. He would and should be fired tomorrow if he every considered anything else but his current employer.

Do I like what Dan is doing recruiting our players? NO. but is it illegal? NO. If we lose anyone it's on us... we have to sell the university is more than just a coach and who we have now vs what Dan is selling.
The NCAA has no rules about poaching recruits when changing jobs. Should they? Maybe but that will never pass.

Scott said it best..and it's what will make people mad no matter what... Dan was gone.. If it wasn't to UF it would have been UT. Just because Scott is an Alum, doesn't change the fact he was doing his job for me.