Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grasshopper Speaks about His Battle of Taking MSU's Coach

vCash
    [QUOTE=Maroon Wizardry;858947]... its gonna be better than fried chicken[/QUOTES TE]

This is. Lie as there is no such thing better than fried chicken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We can argue to argue, but had fla not called he wouldn't be here,he'd be at ut. Sucks but true. And he knew it was a bad job. But he was gone. GONE. Doesn't matter I suppose other than helping state fans feelings.
    He was leaving but he would?ve drug UT along just like he was us. I?ve even heard he told Chip Kelly to not take the UF job and then took it 2 weeks later.

vCash
    I wouldn?t shit in his mouth if he was starving to death.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    He was leaving but he would?ve drug UT along just like he was us. I?ve even heard he told Chip Kelly to not take the UF job and then took it 2 weeks later.
    Yeah, that Don Merlenz is a hell of a guy. He's a snake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Sticklin leaving had a direct effect on Mullen leaving.

If a State grad from Ms. and was Bailey Howell's son-in-law, who had made it all the way to the AD's office at State, and then leave to try to go "big time", what does that say to your FB coach, or anybody else that is being recruited to your school?

I don't wish Sticklin had stayed, I wish he had never been made our AD.
    Your first sentence is laughable. Omg. You honestly don't believe that do you? Dear Goodness. Just no.

vCash
    Don't have an issue with Stricklin. He did a lot of good for MSU and landed one of the top jobs in his field. 39 national championships vs 0... Now he's under enormous pressure to perform, and after being rejected by Chip Kelly gets desperate and hires someone who he thinks boosters will be comfortable with.

Mullen also did a lot of good for MSU and was ready for a new challenge. Sucks that he left, but were we expecting him to be the next Joe Paterno? Also, it is slimy that he's stealing recruits, but if we were stealing 4 and 5 star guys from Penn State, we'd be celebrating. Moorhead can take the high road for now because he's not under the same pressure Mullen is.

In sports, the only people with true loyalty are the fans... Not many athletes, coaches, or admin have loyalty to a team or university. Just how it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Don't have an issue with Stricklin. He did a lot of good for MSU and landed one of the top jobs in his field. 39 national championships vs 0... Now he's under enormous pressure to perform, and after being rejected by Chip Kelly gets desperate and hires someone who he thinks boosters will be comfortable with.

Mullen also did a lot of good for MSU and was ready for a new challenge. Sucks that he left, but were we expecting him to be the next Joe Paterno? Also, it is slimy that he's stealing recruits, but if we were stealing 4 and 5 star guys from Penn State, we'd be celebrating. Moorhead can take the high road for now because he's not under the same pressure Mullen is.

In sports, the only people with true loyalty are the fans... Not many athletes, coaches, or admin have loyalty to a team or university. Just how it is.
    I have an issue with Stricklin. A big issue. That ********** is an alumni of MSU and married to the daughter of one of the most famous alums in MSU sports history. And what, he couldn't be bothered to stick around and try to make MSU better? **** him.

Ditto with Mullen. He could have been here forever and was set to go on a run at MSU that he'd never had before, then quit to run off to a place that will NEVER appreciate him like we did. His ass is going to get fired with 5 years and I will not have the slightest shred of sorrow for him when it does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Your first sentence is laughable. Omg. You honestly don't believe that do you? Dear Goodness. Just no.
    Dear goodness yes
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Don and Cheerleader were a foregone conclusion in late August, early September 2016. Why won?t people just accept that fact? All events and timelines prove it.

Keenum and a large portion of our cigar boys were fed up with the country club and the CC walking all over Strick. They were working on an out from Don before the season started. That?s why we did not offer the usual yearly extension.

It?s well known that you don?t hire Jimmy Sexton if you aren?t looking for a gig other than the one you currently have. Was it coincidence that Sexton?s services were retained between Cheerleader leaving for Florida and Cohen being named AD?

Bottom line, why is it so difficult for most people to connect boulder sized dots and figure out what played out before their very eyes? Are most of our citizens blind and/or naive? That?s the only explanation.

We will be better off in the end and can all raise a glass when the CC and Cheerleader are renting Uhauls out of Gainesville.

vCash
    I know for a fact that when the UF job came open in October that the MSU administration went into Defcon 5 and moved to have back up plans in place. I can't speak to the UT job, but from 30k feet, it looks like they were a short bus pawn in Mullen to UF (along with about 10 other coaches to other jobs). And let's not forget that Gundy was UF's third choice and Mullen the fourth. Because Mullets > *******.

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Don and Cheerleader were a foregone conclusion in late August, early September 2016. Why won?t people just accept that fact? All events and timelines prove it.

Keenum and a large portion of our cigar boys were fed up with the country club and the CC walking all over Strick. They were working on an out from Don before the season started. That?s why we did not offer the usual yearly extension.

It?s well known that you don?t hire Jimmy Sexton if you aren?t looking for a gig other than the one you currently have. Was it coincidence that Sexton?s services were retained between Cheerleader leaving for Florida and Cohen being named AD?

Bottom line, why is it so difficult for most people to connect boulder sized dots and figure out what played out before their very eyes? Are most of our citizens blind and/or naive? That?s the only explanation.

We will be better off in the end and can all raise a glass when the CC and Cheerleader are renting Uhauls out of Gainesville.
    Last edited by Lance Harbor; 12-13-2017 at 06:25 AM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Scott doesn't represent a lot of what's wrong with Mississippi, he represents a lot of what is right in Mississippi. UF has an enormous alumni base and massive financial capabilities and they have to come one of the poorest states in the nation and pay seven figures to find someone to run it for them.

We can agree that poaching the head coach is a bunch of BS, but what is wrong with Mississippi is why successful people leave the state. At MSU, outsiders want to hire the alumni and administration. You don't see that happening in Oxford or Hattiesburg.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Scott Stricklin represents a lot of what is wrong with the state of Mississippi.

Sure he dresses nice & is a "nice guy" but he thinks he is better than Mississippi & too good for MSU. That's what his actions have stated.

And to everyone that agrees with him, but obviously don't get it either & don't get that the state of Mississippi needs quality people to invest in it rather than always chasing a dollar elsewhere.

How can MSU every convince recruits both student & athletes that MSU is best for them when our own people leave?
    Last edited by Lance Harbor; 12-13-2017 at 06:34 AM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    Scott doesn't represent a lot of what's wrong with Mississippi, he represents a lot of what is right in Mississippi. UF has an enormous alumni base and massive financial capabilities and they have to come one of the poorest states in the nation and pay seven figures to find someone to run it for them.

We can agree that poaching the head coach is a bunch of BS, but what is wrong with Mississippi is why successful people leave the state. At MSU, outsiders want to hire the alumni and administration. You don't see that happening in Oxford or Hattiesburg.
    Matt Luke wouldn't leave for Alabama, Ohio St., or Texas with a 1 million dollar raise.

"Our" people on the other hand....
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Matt Luke wouldn't leave for Alabama, Ohio St., or Texas with a 1 million dollar raise.

This is my point.

Msu has to do better, but for some reason an ultra logical, conservative, inferiority complex set into our fan base many years ago that sets us back.

It?s extremely strange.

MSU people build up these other places to be better, but, as someone that has been to all of them, they aren’t. It’s an illusion built in the minds of MSU people because some media guy tells you that.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-13-2017 at 08:34 AM.

Banned
    vCash

This. Some things just don't make a lot of sense to me. I guess some just look at their university as a place to get educated then maybe if all falls into place , just another job if you were hired in some capacity at your school. Unless they 17'd me over or something, it would be more than just a job to me if I worked for MSU.

But that's just me. I guess that's the way things go when you are born to parents with maroon blood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Two years from now I wouldn't be surprised if we're thanking Scott for taking him.
    I'm not waiting 2 years. I just wish it had been last spring when Mullen left and we got Moorhead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Are you a female?? and are you simply jealous of Megan?? thx
    doesn't matter - I'm male and I'm glad he's gone ...... Cohen is light years ahead of Stricklin and Mullenz had peaked
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    doesn't matter - I'm male and I'm glad he's gone ...... Cohen is light years ahead of Stricklin and Mullenz had peaked
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mullen knew his time at State was up. We, the fans and Cohen/Keenum, expected more than an 8-4 season, an EB ass beating half the time and sub-par recruiting by coaches that should have been already fired years before for shitastic coaching and lazy recruiting. It took him nine years to field a team that played Bama late into the 4th quarter with a chance to still win.

vCash
    Strickland could have taken the approach like we did in that Moorhead said he wouldn't recruit the current Penn St commitments. It all goes back to what Keenum said, we got a coach with Integrity. I think that was a shot at Mullen. I hope Moorhead doesn't hold MSU hostage every year getting a raise just because there is a job opening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Scott Stricklin represents a lot of what is wrong with the state of Mississippi.

Sure he dresses nice & is a "nice guy" but he thinks he is better than Mississippi & too good for MSU. That's what his actions have stated.

And to everyone that agrees with him, but obviously don't get it either & don't get that the state of Mississippi needs quality people to invest in it rather than always chasing a dollar elsewhere.

How can MSU every convince recruits both student & athletes that MSU is best for them when our own people leave?
    I agree with you Shotgun. My daughter started a business while she was at State and she is now working with another startup company. They were recently at a convention and talked with one of the owners of Cathead Vodka and he stated that Mississippi produces some great people and they all leave and that nothing will change until more decide to stay and make improvements. He convinced them to keep their business in the state.
    In regards to Stricklin I don't have a problem with him being an AD at another school but it was a dick move to use his alma mater as a stepping stone. It sent the message to everyone that worked under him at State that loyalty doesn't matter and to always chase the better job no matter the consequences. Thankfully we have an AD now that completely loves Mississippi State and I don't think has any desire to leave. And he's from Tuscaloosa so **** you Bama.

vCash

My impression is, State doesn’t have enough cigar boys to cover all the bases and put out all the fires. ....apply the pressure when it needs to be applied and have the funds to back it up...or willingness to spend the money. (Not that I’m judging, just pointing out fact). They have to pick and choose their battles.

But yeah, we have the most passive fan base of any sec school outside Vandy.