Thread: Grasshopper Speaks about His Battle of Taking MSU's Coach

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Scott Stricklin represents a lot of what is wrong with the state of Mississippi.

Sure he dresses nice & is a "nice guy" but he thinks he is better than Mississippi & too good for MSU. That's what his actions have stated.

And to everyone that agrees with him, but obviously don't get it either & don't get that the state of Mississippi needs quality people to invest in it rather than always chasing a dollar elsewhere.

How can MSU every convince recruits both student & athletes that MSU is best for them when our own people leave?

vCash
    Scott doesn't represent a lot of what's wrong with Mississippi, he represents a lot of what is right in Mississippi. UF has an enormous alumni base and massive financial capabilities and they have to come one of the poorest states in the nation and pay seven figures to find someone to run it for them.

We can agree that poaching the head coach is a bunch of BS, but what is wrong with Mississippi is why successful people leave the state. At MSU, outsiders want to hire the alumni and administration. You don't see that happening in Oxford or Hattiesburg.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Scott Stricklin represents a lot of what is wrong with the state of Mississippi.

Sure he dresses nice & is a "nice guy" but he thinks he is better than Mississippi & too good for MSU. That's what his actions have stated.

And to everyone that agrees with him, but obviously don't get it either & don't get that the state of Mississippi needs quality people to invest in it rather than always chasing a dollar elsewhere.

How can MSU every convince recruits both student & athletes that MSU is best for them when our own people leave?
    Last edited by Lance Harbor; 12-13-2017 at 06:34 AM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    Scott doesn't represent a lot of what's wrong with Mississippi, he represents a lot of what is right in Mississippi. UF has an enormous alumni base and massive financial capabilities and they have to come one of the poorest states in the nation and pay seven figures to find someone to run it for them.

We can agree that poaching the head coach is a bunch of BS, but what is wrong with Mississippi is why successful people leave the state. At MSU, outsiders want to hire the alumni and administration. You don't see that happening in Oxford or Hattiesburg.
    Matt Luke wouldn't leave for Alabama, Ohio St., or Texas with a 1 million dollar raise.

"Our" people on the other hand....
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Matt Luke wouldn't leave for Alabama, Ohio St., or Texas with a 1 million dollar raise.

This is my point.

Msu has to do better, but for some reason an ultra logical, conservative, inferiority complex set into our fan base many years ago that sets us back.

It?s extremely strange.

MSU people build up these other places to be better, but, as someone that has been to all of them, they aren’t. It’s an illusion built in the minds of MSU people because some media guy tells you that.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-13-2017 at 08:34 AM.

vCash
    I don't think MSU is inferior and I think its success the last 30 or so years proves that.

Mississippi as a state is inferior, and MSU can't fix that.

This is my point.

Msu has to do better, but for some reason an ultra logical, conservative, inferiority complex set into our fan base many years ago that sets us back.

It?s extremely strange.

MSU people build up these other places to be better, but, as someone that has been to all of them, they aren’t. It’s an illusion built in the minds of MSU people because some media guy tells you that.

Banned
    vCash

This. Some things just don't make a lot of sense to me. I guess some just look at their university as a place to get educated then maybe if all falls into place , just another job if you were hired in some capacity at your school. Unless they 17'd me over or something, it would be more than just a job to me if I worked for MSU.

But that's just me. I guess that's the way things go when you are born to parents with maroon blood.

vCash

My impression is, State doesn’t have enough cigar boys to cover all the bases and put out all the fires. ....apply the pressure when it needs to be applied and have the funds to back it up...or willingness to spend the money. (Not that I’m judging, just pointing out fact). They have to pick and choose their battles.

But yeah, we have the most passive fan base of any sec school outside Vandy.

vCash
    Matt Luke wouldn't get the opportunity. And neither did Hugh Freeze.

But I'm glad you know things that Matt Luke would hypothetically do, Marty McFly. I need some help with some betting.

vCash

I agree with you Shotgun. My daughter started a business while she was at State and she is now working with another startup company. They were recently at a convention and talked with one of the owners of Cathead Vodka and he stated that Mississippi produces some great people and they all leave and that nothing will change until more decide to stay and make improvements. He convinced them to keep their business in the state.
    In regards to Stricklin I don't have a problem with him being an AD at another school but it was a dick move to use his alma mater as a stepping stone. It sent the message to everyone that worked under him at State that loyalty doesn't matter and to always chase the better job no matter the consequences. Thankfully we have an AD now that completely loves Mississippi State and I don't think has any desire to leave. And he's from Tuscaloosa so **** you Bama.