Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grasshopper Speaks about His Battle of Taking MSU's Coach

vCash

Grasshopper Speaks about His Battle of Taking MSU's Coach

This is a pretty interesting article and the comments to the tweet are pretty good as well.
    https://twitter.com/SECCountryMSU/st...83516676837376

My issue is a few things:

- Scott you got yourself in this situation by going to Florida in the first place. Sure you had to do what was best for Florida, but you put yourself in this position & showed you were all about Scott & not about your state or the people of Mississippi. I get that it's a business, but it's a business for MSU as well.

- If you truly meant any of the BS you just spouted, then you would tell Don to stop recruiting MSU commitments immediately. Ok, you had to do what was best for Florida, but at least have some class with the recruiting & the blurring of ethical lines. Florida was not recruiting any of these players before Don took over, & Don's relationship with those players was developed on MSU's dime. Again though, we know you are all about Scott, so it should come as no surprise the decision you also made on recruiting.

vCash
    Or it just proves that he's not really the ones calling the shots

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    He's a piece of shit. **** that guy.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    All he would have to do is publicly stop Mullen from recruiting our commits. Put a direct stop on all activities from FL on our commit list. That would fix the betrayal in my opinion. We will see what the State family means to him.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    The dust has settled and I've had some time to calm down and try to see things objectively.

And he's still a major jackwagon for what he did and continues to do. Seriously, he shouldn't be allowed on campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is a pretty interesting article and the comments to the tweet are pretty good as well.
    https://twitter.com/SECCountryMSU/st...83516676837376

My issue is a few things:

- Scott you got yourself in this situation by going to Florida in the first place. Sure you had to do what was best for Florida, but you put yourself in this position & showed you were all about Scott & not about your state or the people of Mississippi. I get that it's a business, but it's a business for MSU as well.

- If you truly meant any of the BS you just spouted, then you would tell Don to stop recruiting MSU commitments immediately. Ok, you had to do what was best for Florida, but at least have some class with the recruiting & the blurring of ethical lines. Florida was not recruiting any of these players before Don took over, & Don's relationship with those players was developed on MSU's dime. Again though, we know you are all about Scott, so it should come as no surprise the decision you also made on recruiting.

As a businessman you should understand all too well about both points. This world is built on success and at a lot of times that comes at a cost of loyalty.
    Scott was open as can be when he was leaving and gave us a lot better successor that I believe he was ever for us. Do I think Scott is good enough to be AD at a top program like UF? No. but they do so that's on him to continue proving.
    Scott has to do what's best for UF because that is his job. That goes against so much because of the high natured position he is in. He would and should be fired tomorrow if he every considered anything else but his current employer.

Do I like what Dan is doing recruiting our players? NO. but is it illegal? NO. If we lose anyone it's on us... we have to sell the university is more than just a coach and who we have now vs what Dan is selling.
    The NCAA has no rules about poaching recruits when changing jobs. Should they? Maybe but that will never pass.

Scott said it best..and it's what will make people mad no matter what... Dan was gone.. If it wasn't to UF it would have been UT. Just because Scott is an Alum, doesn't change the fact he was doing his job for me.

vCash
    17 scott...doing his job or not...

vCash
    screw him and his guilt feelings. Having said that what he said is probably true. Having said that...screw him and his guilt feelings
    Last edited by was21; 12-12-2017 at 05:40 PM.

vCash
    I know its too early to tell, but I think the change will be another step forward. I thought DM had maxed out and I thought if we hit a homerun on his replacement we would be better off. I know JM has not coached our players or been here long enough to form an opinion. Its that gut feeling you get and usually that's a pretty sound indicator.

vCash
    Who?

vCash
    Strick and his family are the ones spouting Mullen was going to UT anyway. He wasn’t. He was turning down over $7 million with them to stay in Starkville for $5.7 million. I do think he would’ve went a lot of other places, but UT is not a dumpster fire he was stepping into. He was set to sign his extension as early as that Sunday then we all found out he was leaving. I don’t think he would’ve signed it even without UF coming in. He drug UT out with State to up the price at UF. Stricklin has justified hiring him behind closed doors by saying “he was leaving for UT anyway.” Simply not true and any State fan or mouthpiece that buys into that BS spew is buying a line of crap from Stricklin. Other people may want to still be nice to him and serve as his mouthpiece. I’m not one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    All he would have to do is publicly stop Mullen from recruiting our commits. Put a direct stop on all activities from FL on our commit list. That would fix the betrayal in my opinion. We will see what the State family means to him.
    So all he has to do is publicly torch his professional reputation and more or less ask to be fired for cause? That's it?

vCash
    Screw him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Strick and his family are the ones spouting Mullen was going to UT anyway. He wasn’t. He was turning down over $7 million with them to stay in Starkville for $5.7 million. I do think he would’ve went a lot of other places, but UT is not a dumpster fire he was stepping into. He was set to sign his extension as early as that Sunday then we all found out he was leaving. I don’t think he would’ve signed it even without UF coming in. He drug UT out with State to up the price at UF. Stricklin has justified hiring him behind closed doors by saying “he was leaving for UT anyway.” Simply not true and any State fan or mouthpiece that buys into that BS spew is buying a line of crap from Stricklin. Other people may want to still be nice to him and serve as his mouthpiece. I’m not one of them.
    I'm sorry hack, you are wrong. Mullen was gone. I'm not assuming, I'm positive. I think you aren't great and everyone is wrong from time to time and this time is yours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    So all he has to do is publicly torch his professional reputation and more or less ask to be fired for cause? That's it?
    Again, Stricklin put himself in this position by prior decisions.

He deserved every bit of grief he gets. He signed up for it

Kind of like a mafia member claiming he shouldn't be held accountable for murders he was ordered to execute. Well.... if you hadn't agreed to be part of the mafia, then you wouldn't have been ordered to murder someone. Just an example obviously of someone making decisions that put them in position to do things they don't want to do. It's not an excuse.

When Scott left MSU, he made a decision. You can't have your cake & eat it too.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 12-12-2017 at 06:06 PM.

vCash
    **** that guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    When Scott left MSU, he made a decision. You can't have your cake & eat it too.
    Amen, this morning snlike his whiny open letter when he took he damn job. We don’t care.

vCash
    would maybe have little respect for him if he stood up like a damn man and went all in...if you try to play both sides, you run the chance of ending up on none of them...soon enough even FL will see through him...weakness always shows itself at some point

vCash
    Two years from now I wouldn't be surprised if we're thanking Scott for taking him.

vCash
    Scott Stricklin represents a lot of what is wrong with the state of Mississippi.

Sure he dresses nice & is a "nice guy" but he thinks he is better than Mississippi & too good for MSU. That's what his actions have stated.

And to everyone that agrees with him, but obviously don't get it either & don't get that the state of Mississippi needs quality people to invest in it rather than always chasing a dollar elsewhere.

How can MSU every convince recruits both student & athletes that MSU is best for them when our own people leave?