Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Grasshopper Speaks about His Battle of Taking MSU's Coach

vCash
    Matt Luke wouldn't get the opportunity. And neither did Hugh Freeze.

But I'm glad you know things that Matt Luke would hypothetically do, Marty McFly. I need some help with some betting.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Matt Luke wouldn't leave for Alabama, Ohio St., or Texas with a 1 million dollar raise.

"Our" people on the other hand....

vCash
    I don't think MSU is inferior and I think its success the last 30 or so years proves that.

Mississippi as a state is inferior, and MSU can't fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is my point.

Msu has to do better, but for some reason an ultra logical, conservative, inferiority complex set into our fan base many years ago that sets us back.

It?s extremely strange.

MSU people build up these other places to be better, but, as someone that has been to all of them, they aren’t. It’s an illusion built in the minds of MSU people because some media guy tells you that.

vCash
    Yeah- Hack is wrong on this one. Mullen was going to Tenn until Florida stepped in.

And of course- I was right which is the case more times than not
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    My source had told me the vey same thing about Mullen and TN. Don't forget Fla had offered Chip Kelly 1st. Dan was their 3rd offer and I'm too lazy to look up the 2nd, but I'm thinking it was Scott Frost. Mullen was all in to TN when Fla offered him. That move dan made created a fire-storm for TN. I believe my source on this one for sure.
    Yep- and Mullen's bailing cost the Tenn AD his job
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeah- Hack is wrong on this one. Mullen was going to Tenn until Florida stepped in.

And of course- I was right which is the case more times than not
    Ole’ gump fans gonna believe the gump mantra. Oopty ooped again. We are M State.

You can believe what you were told. I don’t. We got played. So did UT.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Stricklin has done 2 great things...1. Go to Florida 2. Hire Mullen to Florida. I can’t be happier. Been wanting Mullen gone for yrs. everyone else finally coming around to it.

Country club crootin tidbit...in the 2011-15 recruiting classes we signed 38 guys that were SEC caliber contributors. That’s 38 in 5 classes. Great work Mullen. ****ing shitbag.
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 12-13-2017 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    How is SEC Caliber Contributor defined?

Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Stricklin has done 2 great things...1. Go to Florida 2. Hire Mullen to Florida. I can’t be happier. Been wanting Mullen gone for yrs. everyone else finally coming around to it.

Country club crootin tidbit...in the 2011-15 recruiting classes we signed 38 guys that were SEC caliber contributors. That’s 38 in 5 classes. Great work Mullen. ****ing shitbag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Strick and his family are the ones spouting Mullen was going to UT anyway. He wasn?t. He was turning down over $7 million with them to stay in Starkville for $5.7 million. I do think he would?ve went a lot of other places, but UT is not a dumpster fire he was stepping into. He was set to sign his extension as early as that Sunday then we all found out he was leaving. I don?t think he would?ve signed it even without UF coming in. He drug UT out with State to up the price at UF. Stricklin has justified hiring him behind closed doors by saying ?he was leaving for UT anyway.? Simply not true and any State fan or mouthpiece that buys into that BS spew is buying a line of crap from Stricklin. Other people may want to still be nice to him and serve as his mouthpiece. I?m not one of them.
    I have to disagree. Dan was never going to be back in Starkville next year, NEVER! Has everybody forgotten how hard Dan pimped himself out after the Belk Bowl, desperate for the HC job at Maryland then Miami, and then hoping and praying for a call from Georgia that never came. Also, Dan?s desperate attempt to escape Post Dak helped kill our recruiting class. Last year?s 6-7 record kept him in Vegas another year but he was going to cash in on this year?s 8-4 team by getting the heck out of dodge and that is just the way it happened. To think Dan was going to sign our extension is foolish, he never was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    I have to disagree. Dan was never going to be back in Starkville next year, NEVER! Has everybody forgotten how hard Dan pimped himself out after the Belk Bowl, desperate for the HC job at Maryland then Miami, and then hoping and praying for a call from Georgia that never came. Also, Dan?s desperate attempt to escape Post Dak helped kill our recruiting class. Last year?s 6-7 record kept him in Vegas another year but he was going to cash in on this year?s 8-4 team by getting the heck out of dodge and that is just the way it happened. To think Dan was going to sign our extension is foolish, he never was
    Let's just be completely honest. Dan was trying to leave after the 2010 season. And had he not been an arrogant ass in his interview he would have been the new head coach at Miami in 2011.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    How is SEC Caliber Contributor defined?
    The guy played meaningful snaps for more than just a few games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Let's just be completely honest. Dan was trying to leave after the 2010 season. And had he not been an arrogant ass in his interview he would have been the new head coach at Miami in 2011.
    You could almost see it every year that he would have a good year going and then tank at the end because he was trying to jump ship. The next year he would have a down year and have to prove himself again. If Miami had not opened up when it did then he would have been the head coach at Maryland. I heard a $5 Mil per year number thrown around then. He tried to drag them out like he did us every year but they just said screw it. He actually was able to get UF only because they struck out on 3 or 4 other guys and UF panicked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    You obviously didn’t read my post. He was leaving. I agree. But he was playing games with us and TN while working Florida back door.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    You could almost see it every year that he would have a good year going and then tank at the end because he was trying to jump ship. The next year he would have a down year and have to prove himself again. If Miami had not opened up when it did then he would have been the head coach at Maryland. I heard a $5 Mil per year number thrown around then. He tried to drag them out like he did us every year but they just said screw it. He actually was able to get UF only because they struck out on 3 or 4 other guys and UF panicked.
    The idea of him only leaving for ND or PSU was a fan fable many of us created. He would have left us for Maryland or even UConn if the money had been right. If that bastard had worried more about building the program than building a resume for another job, which would have meant "relentless" recruiting and firing your coaching buds that sucked ass, we'd have beaten Bama more than once in his tenure and probably would have had at last one legit top 10 recruiting class. The way he squandered Dak's Heisman buzz and that #1 season is unforgivable. But, then again he thought he'd be coaching elsewhere when NSD rolled around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Stricklin has done 2 great things...1. Go to Florida 2. Hire Mullen to Florida. I can?t be happier. Been wanting Mullen gone for yrs. everyone else finally coming around to it.
    Yep I agree 100%, finally.