Thread: College Baseball Central Countdown - Konnor Pilkington article

vCash

College Baseball Central Countdown - Konnor Pilkington article

No new info here for anyone who pays attention to baseball, but a nice overview of Pilkington's MSU career so far and potential in the future, part of College Baseball Central's countdown to opening day:

Here are some of the other countdown posts about opponents on the 2018 Diamond Dawgs' schedule in case you're interested:
    Last edited by AusTexDawg; 12-29-2017 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added new links

vCash
    I know I may have bad memory, but didn't we play in the USM Regional? Article states we were at home for Regional.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rolodawg View Post
    I know I may have bad memory, but didn't we play in the USM Regional? Article states we were at home for Regional.......
    While we could argue that State owned Hattiesburg that weekend, you are correct. I think the main guy on that site does a decent job, but he's more of a blogger than a journalist and doesn't appear to have any help copy-editing.

vCash
    If Mangum doesn't punch any walls then we might have a pretty good offense to go with some nasty pitching. Pilk is the type of ace that gets teams to Omaha. If we have guys live up to potential then this squad has a great chance to put up some more things on the outfield wall. You don't replace Rooker but an improved Mangum along with Stovall and LA should make us really tough up the middle if we don't leave LA at 3rd. If we can stay healthy then we could be better than last year.

We should get more pop out of Vansau and MacNamee so hopefully that will make up for some of the power lost by the SEC player of the year. Mangum has a chance to be the 3rd bulldog in a row to win the batting title with his 2nd. Man I love baseball. I am already fired up.

vCash
    Who projects at 1B?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rolodawg View Post
    This is OUR State! Even the southern portion, were Konner, Lindgren, Rea, and Holder came from

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Who projects at 1B?
    Cann videos say Macnamee with decent depth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    If Mangum doesn't punch any walls then we might have a pretty good offense to go with some nasty pitching. Pilk is the type of ace that gets teams to Omaha. If we have guys live up to potential then this squad has a great chance to put up some more things on the outfield wall. You don't replace Rooker but an improved Mangum along with Stovall and LA should make us really tough up the middle if we don't leave LA at 3rd. If we can stay healthy then we could be better than last year.

We should get more pop out of Vansau and MacNamee so hopefully that will make up for some of the power lost by the SEC player of the year. Mangum has a chance to be the 3rd bulldog in a row to win the batting title with his 2nd. Man I love baseball. I am already fired up.
    We should be OK. This is Cann's first full offseason with our players and I think the results will be pretty good.