Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
Saw it Friday. Thought it was good, not great.

Spoiler time

It was too cute at times. Luke brushing off his shoulder after the big attack at the end and Leia's "I changed my hair" line made me laugh at them, not with them.

As someone posted earlier I too was expecting Leila to die/be killed at some point since she passed IRL and now I'm wondering how they will approach her in 9. Will they simply write her out?

Also agree on the Jurassic Park lady's arc. They setup the whole "there's a mole" angle and make you believe it's her. Only for it not to be her and they never really revisit it. Unless of course I missed that part.
I honestly probably went in with too high of expectations. All the humor just kind of distracted me more than make me appreciate it. I kind of laughed then thought the joke was dumb, almost what you would see on a blooper reel. I read that they had to basically rewrite the script for 9 because it was going to be Leia's primary movie. It was going to be Han as the primary in 7, Luke in 8, then Leia in 9. They now have had to scrap most of what they had outlined.

I also don't understand why Holdor wouldn't have pulled Poe aside and said there is a plan, you just need to shut up because we might have a mole. She would have known it wasn't him. I don't really remember how the code breaker would have known their plan so he could betray them. He also said he only betrayed them after they were caught but it was obviously a trap when they got through the door. I kind of zoned out and don't remember that part. I guess my brain was trying to block it out so maybe I only remember the interesting parts.